Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ball retention 09:52 - Oct 19 with 5945 viewsBluefish

Left without comment

*thanks to texters for sharing

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ball retention on 10:55 - Oct 19 with 949 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 10:52 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Which are even worse but I have talked about his passing ability as well throughout. You are clutching at straws now.

Have you got the stats for those?
Ball retention on 10:57 - Oct 19 with 952 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:54 - Oct 19 by hype313

Don't think even he knows now, he's gone down a rabbit hole and can't get out.

Gwion has his deficiencies, but most do, but we should be happy he is scoring goals and we're top of the league.

Just so we are clear the rabbit hole is me saying he has terrible retention because he has a poor touch and is poor at passing (his touch is worse than his passing) and not much of a football brain. You lot saying it can't be true and it is all about stats instead. The stats then confirm what I have said and it is then youblot saying I can't use stats either while having nothing else to present in opposition of my original view.

Top stuff

Don't forget though this is all about me

Ball retention on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 945 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 10:54 - Oct 19 by hype313

Don't think even he knows now, he's gone down a rabbit hole and can't get out.

Gwion has his deficiencies, but most do, but we should be happy he is scoring goals and we're top of the league.

Indeed. We're a League 1 team, if you looked closely at the stats of ALL our players, I'm sure you'd find something wrong.
Ball retention on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 942 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:55 - Oct 19 by GhostOfBenters

Have you got the stats for those?

Just use your eyes or alternatively ask for a single fan than thinks his touch is not in the bottom 2 in our team

Or argue it anyway

Ball retention on 11:00 - Oct 19 with 938 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 10:59 - Oct 19 by GhostOfBenters

Indeed. We're a League 1 team, if you looked closely at the stats of ALL our players, I'm sure you'd find something wrong.

The others all seem capable across 3 games to pass the ball. They can also control the ball.

What is it that you are actually arguing here?

Ball retention on 11:01 - Oct 19 with 935 viewshype313

Ball retention on 10:57 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Just so we are clear the rabbit hole is me saying he has terrible retention because he has a poor touch and is poor at passing (his touch is worse than his passing) and not much of a football brain. You lot saying it can't be true and it is all about stats instead. The stats then confirm what I have said and it is then youblot saying I can't use stats either while having nothing else to present in opposition of my original view.

Top stuff

Mate, have a day off and enjoy the fact that we're top of the league, there's not much worth cheering in this current climate, don't look for more negativity x

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ball retention on 11:03 - Oct 19 with 935 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 10:57 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Top stuff

You haven't provided any stats about touch.

In fact you've only provided stats on one metric - passing (and have only found 1 game so far where his percentage was the lowest).

I could argue Kenlock is a better passer than Dozzell based on your stats.
Ball retention on 11:03 - Oct 19 with 931 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 11:01 - Oct 19 by hype313

Mate, have a day off and enjoy the fact that we're top of the league, there's not much worth cheering in this current climate, don't look for more negativity x

Things couldn't be better. I think i will have the day off now, I have nothing left to prove.

Don't forget I am just responding to the desperate attempted pile ons

Login to get fewer ads

Ball retention on 11:04 - Oct 19 with 927 viewsBluefish

Ball retention on 11:03 - Oct 19 by GhostOfBenters

You haven't provided any stats about touch.

In fact you've only provided stats on one metric - passing (and have only found 1 game so far where his percentage was the lowest).

I could argue Kenlock is a better passer than Dozzell based on your stats.

Go on then . I look forward to seeing your write up and analysis

Ball retention on 11:05 - Oct 19 with 920 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 11:00 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

The others all seem capable across 3 games to pass the ball. They can also control the ball.

What is it that you are actually arguing here?

That Edwards isn't perfect, and none of our players are.

Just seems weird that you constantly pick on Edwards (especially weird when he's our top scorer) when you could pull apart any one of our players based on one metric.
Ball retention on 11:06 - Oct 19 with 917 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 11:04 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Go on then . I look forward to seeing your write up and analysis

I'm not a saddo trying to win the internet though.
Ball retention on 11:07 - Oct 19 with 922 viewsHighgateBlue

Oh do give it a rest. You'd probably cry when he scores because he's given it away. This victimisation of our best player so far this season is embarrassing and unwarranted. Thank god you're not allowed in the ground to shout abuse.
Ball retention on 11:09 - Oct 19 with 909 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 11:03 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Things couldn't be better. I think i will have the day off now, I have nothing left to prove.

Don't forget I am just responding to the desperate attempted pile ons

Before you go, would you like to answer why you constantly say Wilson's distribution is poor and he should be dropped when his passing stats (provided by you) are better than Nsiala's?
Ball retention on 11:25 - Oct 19 with 891 viewsKieran_Knows

Ball retention on 11:07 - Oct 19 by HighgateBlue

Oh do give it a rest. You'd probably cry when he scores because he's given it away. This victimisation of our best player so far this season is embarrassing and unwarranted. Thank god you're not allowed in the ground to shout abuse.

Just remember, Blubbers is 40 as well, which makes it even more weird.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ball retention on 11:45 - Oct 19 with 876 viewsSouperJim

Ball retention on 10:47 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Nope I am just pointing out the nonsense abuse that I have received is.....nonsense

Cheers

Lambert out

I've not seen the abuse you're referring to, but I'd speculate that your propensity for starting threads such as this one, "Good win, poor performance" etc when we have 16 points from a possible 18 and are top is perhaps indicative of some cause and effect going on.

There's always room for improvement of course, but you must see that given your highly critical stance on Lambert it's starting to look like nothing we do is good enough in your eyes.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Ball retention on 11:46 - Oct 19 with 873 viewsitfcjoe

Ball retention on 10:22 - Oct 19 by SomethingBlue

I don't believe he is a particularly efficient player in possession per se, no. But I do believe he is a winger who wants to try stuff and will be looser than players in other positions at times, which explains a bit of it. Above all of that I don't really understand what you are trying to prove.

Edit having seen yours — Dozzell's role is entirely different. If you want to compare our winger's possession stats to those of our deep-lying playmaker to make a point then please go ahead but it won't be an honest effort from you.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:24]

Whilst Dozzell was on the ball more than Edwards on Saturday, he gave the ball away more times thanGwion

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ball retention on 12:16 - Oct 19 with 844 viewsKropotkin123

The funniest thing is when he nutmegged their player and then beat their second defender and then put in a good cross, it counted on there as not retaining the ball, as Sears didn't connect with it.

It was arguably the best individual attacking move of the game, but it counts as a negative... I'd rather he tried stuff like that than not, as that is the sort of play which is more likely to end in a goal, than timidly playing it back to the person behind you successfully.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Ball retention on 12:18 - Oct 19 with 834 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Got any goal stats? LOL

To be fair, its mainly his longer passes where possession was lost. Those passes tend to be more attacking and creative, and Im sure people would moan if he wasnt trying to be progressive.

GWION!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ball retention on 12:35 - Oct 19 with 825 viewsslade1

I am probably having a senior moment here but what is the difference between the red and yellow arrows please?
Ball retention on 12:35 - Oct 19 with 819 viewsjeera

Ball retention on 12:35 - Oct 19 by slade1

I am probably having a senior moment here but what is the difference between the red and yellow arrows please?

Completion and non-completion.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ball retention on 12:37 - Oct 19 with 814 viewsslade1

Ball retention on 12:35 - Oct 19 by jeera

Completion and non-completion.

Thank you jeera
Ball retention on 12:42 - Oct 19 with 806 viewsGhostOfBenters

Ball retention on 11:45 - Oct 19 by SouperJim

I've not seen the abuse you're referring to, but I'd speculate that your propensity for starting threads such as this one, "Good win, poor performance" etc when we have 16 points from a possible 18 and are top is perhaps indicative of some cause and effect going on.

There's always room for improvement of course, but you must see that given your highly critical stance on Lambert it's starting to look like nothing we do is good enough in your eyes.

Basically, the team is winning and is top of the league, which leaves Bluefish very little to complain about. So he focused on Edwards instead (who apparently is only better than Bluefish himself when it comes to pace).

He cited that Edwards didn't create anything or have an end product... Then, unfortunately, Edwards became top scorer.

And now we're here.
Ball retention on 12:53 - Oct 19 with 786 viewsClapham_Junction

The main thing I get from that diagram is that Holy should be banned from trying to kick it out to our left-wingers.
Ball retention on 12:55 - Oct 19 with 778 viewsRobTheMonk

He's getting goals and assist which is what you want from your attacker. Also supports the wingback extremely well. Unsung defensive work.

I agree that his passing and touch can be heavy, but, especially with Hawkins playing, he's got the pace to cause real issues.
Ball retention on 12:59 - Oct 19 with 766 viewsEnigma_Blue

Ball retention on 10:19 - Oct 19 by Bluefish

Do you believe that he is out creative player trying stuff or are you just setting out to oppose what is presented regardless?

Are judge and sears not creative? Or Bishop or dozzell?

[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 10:21]

And how many goals and assists have Sears & Judge managed in the League so far this season?

Gerraint Williams used to give the ball a way a lot and he wasn't even able to make up for that with goals and assists like Edwards can.

Based on combined goals and assists Edwards has clearly been are best attacking player so far this season. That's what you primarily judge attacking players on. Would you prefer if we dropped Edwards and played either Huws or Nolan both tidy players who hardly give the ball away in his place instead?

How many more threads are you going to start banging about Edwards lack of ability and not being a 'Footballer'?

If you were making as many threads about how ineffective Judge has been on the whole that would make more sense but you are just completely obsessed with Edwards and it's weird.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 13:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024