Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? 10:09 - Oct 21 with 772 viewsGhostOfBenters

Because I think we need one.

It was frightening last night how our confidence fell off a cliff after Donny went in front. Holy got more jittery with his kicking, Nsiala just completely lost his head, Huws, Dozzell and Sears went into their shells, Nolan went back to his nervous sideways or backwards passing.

I said to a mate I don't think we've been behind this season, it'll be interesting to see how they cope with it. The answer was not at all.

We looked the better team and well in control for the first half an hour... the turn around from conceding and then going behind was dramatic and very worrying. We suddenly became a shadow of what we'd seen up to that point, and to me it seems to be in their heads more than their ability.

Another case in point was Edwards' fantastic bit of skill on the turn. He went from that to largely non-existent in the second half.
Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 10:21 - Oct 21 with 740 viewsCoco

A total lack of mettle has been a problem since Mick fecked off. Whatever your opinion of Mick the fighting spirit he instills is the backbone to his sides and usually why teams fall apart when he departs.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 10:30 - Oct 21 with 726 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 10:45 - Oct 21 with 697 viewsbournemouthblue

The lack of fight was very disappointing

We maybe missing our best strikers but that's basically our first choice midfield with Downes out and you have to say that's worrying

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:11 - Oct 21 with 676 viewsFixed_It

Reading this board today and last night, I am unsure as to who has the most fragile confidence - players or fans? I guess this is the result of our relegation season and capitulation last season. Pretty deep-rooted by the looks of things.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:15 - Oct 21 with 669 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 10:30 - Oct 21 by Keno

'Badger's attempt at private practice got off to a slow start'

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:22 - Oct 21 with 659 viewsPinewoodblue

Jackson's positive test may have impacted on the team, Can you imagine the thoughts that go through your head waiting for the results of a test that could be positive. Am I asymmetric and if so did I pass it to Jackson and what about members of my family? They also effectively lost pre match training.

They certainly played as if something was on their minds.

The biggest question is how will the defeat influence team selection for Lincoln the sooner the players know is starting on Saturday the better.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 650 viewsGhostOfBenters

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:22 - Oct 21 by Pinewoodblue

Jackson's positive test may have impacted on the team, Can you imagine the thoughts that go through your head waiting for the results of a test that could be positive. Am I asymmetric and if so did I pass it to Jackson and what about members of my family? They also effectively lost pre match training.

The biggest question is how will the defeat influence team selection for Lincoln the sooner the players know is starting on Saturday the better.

Excellent point I hadn't thought of. We tend to forget that footballers are also human. Even if they are young and fit they have kids, parents and grandparents.
Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:39 - Oct 21 with 617 viewsJon_456

Being asymmetric would certainly explain our form over the last couple of years
Login to get fewer ads

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:42 - Oct 21 with 613 viewstractorboy1978

We started the game very well. The collapse coincided with conceding the second goal - there was a complete shift of mentality. In times of adversity we fold like a pack of cards rather than standing up and being counted.
Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 12:05 - Oct 21 with 579 viewsfactual_blue

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 11:15 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

'Badger's attempt at private practice got off to a slow start'

His pricing strategy needs some work.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do the club employ any kind of psychologist? on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 516 viewsTJS

Sadly I fear the whole culture of the club needs changing before we can start getting back to where we need to be.
This goes right back to when Evans took over and possibly even a few seasons before that.
We just seem incapable of getting positive characters in who can get everyone (including the fans) to start pulling together.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024