Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm 23:46 - Nov 1 with 8062 viewsHARRY10

The signs read: 'Ahead of the four-week lockdown, rather than waste real ale, it has been reduced to 99p per pint.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8902903/Wetherspoons-launches-four-day-

What better way to celebrate the demise of the odious Trump
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 23:47]
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 06:58 - Nov 2 with 3834 viewsBlueBadger

He could be offering free pints and I wouldn't go in there again after the way Brexit Tim treated his staff and suppliers during lockdown 1.0.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 20:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 08:26 - Nov 2 with 3684 viewsBasuco

That is just what we don't need, a super spreader pub chain to boost infections and cause a longer lockdown.
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 09:17 - Nov 2 with 3604 viewsmikeybloo88

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 08:26 - Nov 2 by Basuco

That is just what we don't need, a super spreader pub chain to boost infections and cause a longer lockdown.

All hospitality unfortunately has to suffer largely because of places like this...it's not legally possible but its a shame specific venues and chains can't be closed as I'm sure the R rate could be reduced by focusing on the known binge drinking establishments.
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 10:57 - Nov 2 with 3460 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 06:58 - Nov 2 by BlueBadger

He could be offering free pints and I wouldn't go in there again after the way Brexit Tim treated his staff and suppliers during lockdown 1.0.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 20:45]

If ever there was a reason to go and have a couple of 99p pints, it is in the knowledge that I am not going to bump into BlueBadger - Cricketers here I come....
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:22 - Nov 2 with 3406 viewsJ2BLUE

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 10:57 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

If ever there was a reason to go and have a couple of 99p pints, it is in the knowledge that I am not going to bump into BlueBadger - Cricketers here I come....

You won't bump into anyone with any decency.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:23 - Nov 2 with 3400 viewsfooters

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:22 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

So our 8am fry-up and Ruddles date is off tomorrow then?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:27 - Nov 2 with 3386 viewsstonojnr

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 08:26 - Nov 2 by Basuco

By the governments own figures pubs have been responsible for just 2% of infections since July, it hasnt shifted in the week to week figures for months, they have a fully functioning track & trace system and are regularly
cleaned,you stand a higher risk of infection in hospitals at the moment than a pub so get the rest of the proverbial house in order before claiming pubs are to blame for any this.
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:31 - Nov 2 with 3372 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:22 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

J2BLUE - good morning to you. I am sorry that you consider all visitors to any Wetherspoons establishment as having no decency. I was not aware that such ignorance still existed - how wrong am I!!
Happy Monday Sir....
Login to get fewer ads

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:44 - Nov 2 with 3327 viewsJ2BLUE

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:31 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

J2BLUE - good morning to you. I am sorry that you consider all visitors to any Wetherspoons establishment as having no decency. I was not aware that such ignorance still existed - how wrong am I!!
Happy Monday Sir....

Don't try and spin it. I'm talking about people who still go there having seen what he did to his staff and suppliers.

Truly impaired.

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:55 - Nov 2 with 3306 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:44 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Don't try and spin it. I'm talking about people who still go there having seen what he did to his staff and suppliers.

If Mr J2Blue, you only frequent establishments with true moral fibre and not a blemish on their character(s), pray tell me where you eat, drink, shop etc. Wetherspoons employ over 40,000 people and it is Martins stance on Brexit that has unfairly earned him a bad press.
He who is without sin etc etc....
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:58 - Nov 2 with 3291 viewsJ2BLUE

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:55 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

If Mr J2Blue, you only frequent establishments with true moral fibre and not a blemish on their character(s), pray tell me where you eat, drink, shop etc. Wetherspoons employ over 40,000 people and it is Martins stance on Brexit that has unfairly earned him a bad press.
He who is without sin etc etc....

I literally just said it is about how he treated his staff and suppliers. You're the on twisting it to Brexit which has nothing to do with it.

Same with Mike Ashley. He also treated his staff poorly and I won't be buying from Sports Direct either.

Truly impaired.

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 12:11 - Nov 2 with 3248 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:58 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

I literally just said it is about how he treated his staff and suppliers. You're the on twisting it to Brexit which has nothing to do with it.

Same with Mike Ashley. He also treated his staff poorly and I won't be buying from Sports Direct either.

Oh dear, you Guardian readers are such hard work - I did ask you where you would eat, drink, shop etc, not where you wouldn't!
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 12:53 - Nov 2 with 3170 viewsJ2BLUE

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 12:11 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

Oh dear, you Guardian readers are such hard work - I did ask you where you would eat, drink, shop etc, not where you wouldn't!

Yes I am well known on here for being a big Guardian reader.

Places which have acted in the spirit of the times we're in. The super markets which have added delivery slots, had special hours for key workers and limited items so everyone could get them. The local businesses who have helped their customers like Krusty's bakery and Lilley's greengrocers. The likes of Super Drug who unlike a lot of greedy places who dramatically raised the price of their essentials like hand gel not only kept them very cheap but put them on offer.

Businesses with some morals and decency alongside the need to make a profit.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 14:47]

Truly impaired.

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 13:00 - Nov 2 with 3132 views26_Paz

See you all on Thursday!!

The Paz Man

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 13:29 - Nov 2 with 3069 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 12:53 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Yes I am well known on here for being a big Guardian reader.

Places which have acted in the spirit of the times we're in. The super markets which have added delivery slots, had special hours for key workers and limited items so everyone could get them. The local businesses who have helped their customers like Krusty's bakery and Lilley's greengrocers. The likes of Super Drug who unlike a lot of greedy places who dramatically raised the price of their essentials like hand gel not only kept them very cheap but put them on offer.

Businesses with some morals and decency alongside the need to make a profit.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 14:47]

The classic get out - mention local shops but not which supermarket etc. Or do you use them all - highly unlikely; and which pub/restaurant etc.
The point of all this (and you started it remember with such a stupid comment) is that you folk that take the moral high ground are, more often than not, just making noises and actually doing nothing to make the world a better place apart from being derogatory about Wetherspoon drinkers. Suggestion - lead your life and let the rest of us do the same.
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 13:31 - Nov 2 with 3049 views26_Paz

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 13:29 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

The classic get out - mention local shops but not which supermarket etc. Or do you use them all - highly unlikely; and which pub/restaurant etc.
The point of all this (and you started it remember with such a stupid comment) is that you folk that take the moral high ground are, more often than not, just making noises and actually doing nothing to make the world a better place apart from being derogatory about Wetherspoon drinkers. Suggestion - lead your life and let the rest of us do the same.

They just like to look down on people mate. It makes them feel good about themselves

The Paz Man

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 13:32 - Nov 2 with 3054 viewsBiGDonnie

Lovely!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 14:51 - Nov 2 with 2981 viewsJ2BLUE

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 13:29 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

Do I need to list every shop? Throughout the first wave my family used Sainsburys, Iceland, Morrisons and Asda. At least the first two gave priority access to slots to the vulnerable, Every supermarket added far more delivery capacity and kept delivery costs down when they could easily have cashed in.

I'm out. You clearly can't understand the point being made. As long as your pints are 99p who gives a f#ck about the staff or the people who provide the beer you're drinking? As long as you're ok mate, that's all that counts.

Truly impaired.

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:04 - Nov 2 with 2945 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 14:51 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Do I need to list every shop? Throughout the first wave my family used Sainsburys, Iceland, Morrisons and Asda. At least the first two gave priority access to slots to the vulnerable, Every supermarket added far more delivery capacity and kept delivery costs down when they could easily have cashed in.

I'm out. You clearly can't understand the point being made. As long as your pints are 99p who gives a f#ck about the staff or the people who provide the beer you're drinking? As long as you're ok mate, that's all that counts.

Heat and Kitchen come to mind; and please, a man of your high morals reverting to such language. Just be careful in future who you choose to denigrate. Oh and thank you for giving me authority to take a glass wherever I wish. Your tone and language in your last (I so hope it is!) post says so much more about you than I possibly could.
Profitez du reste du mois de Novembre
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:14 - Nov 2 with 2925 viewsJ2BLUE

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:04 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

Heat and Kitchen come to mind; and please, a man of your high morals reverting to such language. Just be careful in future who you choose to denigrate. Oh and thank you for giving me authority to take a glass wherever I wish. Your tone and language in your last (I so hope it is!) post says so much more about you than I possibly could.
Profitez du reste du mois de Novembre

Enjoy your cheap pints!

Truly impaired.

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:30 - Nov 2 with 2898 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:14 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Enjoy your cheap pints!

I was thinking not of myself, but of the family I know who are on a low income with no state handouts who once a month treat themselves and their two children to a couple of hours in Wetherspoons for a meal and a drink; oh yes I do have the occasional glass there myself as well. To be told that no one with any decency goes there, by you who displays a poster advocating to treat everyone as an equal, I find hypocritical in the extreme. You are an imposter sir..
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:35 - Nov 2 with 2881 viewsJ2BLUE

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:30 - Nov 2 by Icantbelieveyousaidt

I was thinking not of myself, but of the family I know who are on a low income with no state handouts who once a month treat themselves and their two children to a couple of hours in Wetherspoons for a meal and a drink; oh yes I do have the occasional glass there myself as well. To be told that no one with any decency goes there, by you who displays a poster advocating to treat everyone as an equal, I find hypocritical in the extreme. You are an imposter sir..

Oh of course you do, how convenient. Straight out of the 'how to win the internet: volume one' textbook.

There are plenty of restaurants offering similar prices and discounts at the moment. People make the choice to support a man who treated his suppliers and staff terribly in a time of national crisis.

Truly impaired.

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:49 - Nov 2 with 2849 viewsBiGDonnie

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:14 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Enjoy your cheap pints!

Who tf doesn't enjoy a cheap pint?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:50 - Nov 2 with 2848 viewsBasuco

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 11:27 - Nov 2 by stonojnr

By the governments own figures pubs have been responsible for just 2% of infections since July, it hasnt shifted in the week to week figures for months, they have a fully functioning track & trace system and are regularly
cleaned,you stand a higher risk of infection in hospitals at the moment than a pub so get the rest of the proverbial house in order before claiming pubs are to blame for any this.

Pubs in general are not a problem, most are run very safely and responsibly, but 99p a pint will bring out the totally irresponsible, drink to excess, non mask wearing, couldn't give a shhite brigade.
Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:54 - Nov 2 with 2836 viewsIcantbelieveyousaidt

Wetherspoons - 99p pints until Weds 10pm on 15:35 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Oh of course you do, how convenient. Straight out of the 'how to win the internet: volume one' textbook.

There are plenty of restaurants offering similar prices and discounts at the moment. People make the choice to support a man who treated his suppliers and staff terribly in a time of national crisis.

Please sir inform me immediately of any restaurant locally that can offer a family of four drinks and meals for the same price structure as Wetherspoons - I will gladly pass it on.
Perhaps us indecent folk do not have the financial clout of you sir - we do though have respect for others, understanding, tolerance, forgiveness and contentment.
Anyway, you said you were finished with this silly nonsense in an earlier post.
Reliqua frui Novembres
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024