Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford 09:34 - Nov 17 with 2299 viewsSteve_M

It's almost amusing just how lame the Mail on Sunday article is, months of digging and this is all they could find on Rashford.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/16/mail-on-sunday-v-marcus-rashfor

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 09:47 - Nov 17 with 2225 viewsStokieBlue

Read that last night - he's got them rattled.

The whatabouterry of the entire article is astounding.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 09:52 - Nov 17 with 2212 viewsBasuco

I'm sure it was no shock, even to Mail readers, that a well paid young man is investing in property, at least he did not do a "Dominic Cummings" and build 2 properties on his own (well half his) farm land without planning permission and did not pay council tax on either for many years. The Mail missed that story for some reason.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 9:54]
Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:03 - Nov 17 with 2170 viewsHerbivore

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 09:52 - Nov 17 by Basuco

I'm sure it was no shock, even to Mail readers, that a well paid young man is investing in property, at least he did not do a "Dominic Cummings" and build 2 properties on his own (well half his) farm land without planning permission and did not pay council tax on either for many years. The Mail missed that story for some reason.

They also missed the one about their owner funnelling his income through offshore companies to avoid paying UK tax whilst simultaneously doing zero campaigning to help improve the lives of children living in poverty. I wonder why.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2020 10:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:05 - Nov 17 with 2157 viewsBlueStreak

They REALLY dislike brown people don't they? Disgrace of a rag.
Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:07 - Nov 17 with 2155 viewsUB9Blue

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 09:52 - Nov 17 by Basuco

I saw the story at the weekend and wasn't the slightest bit surprised to hear that he investing his money sensibly. Shows a great deal of common sense for his age.
All it a bit of a non story in my mind.
Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:08 - Nov 17 with 2148 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He's a fantastic young man Marcus Rashford, he really is.

Hated that read the other day on his property purchases. I thought it was admirable he was investing in properties to secure the longevity of the money he earns right now, because it won't last forever. He is fortunate to secure wealth for future generations in his family and he's doing it smartly. Good on him.

23 years old as well, incredible.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:13 - Nov 17 with 2114 viewsfooters

I bet a lot of us wish we could have been as mature as MR at such a tender age, what a dude! People like him are the future. Which is far more than can be said for the sad sacks who read and/or write for the Heil. But you can almost taste their envy. Delicious.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:20 - Nov 17 with 2073 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:05 - Nov 17 by BlueStreak

They REALLY dislike brown people don't they? Disgrace of a rag.

Disgraceful really. The same rag that 5 years ago who clamming for David Beckham to given a knighthood for his charity work, when it's a young black man, their story changes.

Login to get fewer ads

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:22 - Nov 17 with 2068 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:13 - Nov 17 by footers

I bet a lot of us wish we could have been as mature as MR at such a tender age, what a dude! People like him are the future. Which is far more than can be said for the sad sacks who read and/or write for the Heil. But you can almost taste their envy. Delicious.

Simon Jordan blew off on them on TalkSPORT yesterday. As polarising as Jordan can be, he nailed it on the head.

As you said, he mentioned it was nothing more than journalist envy.

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:30 - Nov 17 with 2039 viewsTieDyedIn95

As much as I agree, I do think some of his mates earning an astronomical amount of money could be doing more in terms of tax to support this country and thus poor families but that's not the nature of them or this Government.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:31 - Nov 17 with 2038 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's starting a book club too, so any kid can access books irrespective of whether they can afford them. I struggle to see why anyone would get upset about him using his position of influence to help kids get fed and are become more literate.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:32 - Nov 17 with 2031 viewsHerbivore

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:30 - Nov 17 by TieDyedIn95

As much as I agree, I do think some of his mates earning an astronomical amount of money could be doing more in terms of tax to support this country and thus poor families but that's not the nature of them or this Government.

If you think taxes are too low that is entirely on the government. I'm not sure there's any legal mechanism that enables you to volunteer to pay more tax.

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:33 - Nov 17 with 2014 viewsTieDyedIn95

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:30 - Nov 17 by TieDyedIn95

What's wrong Herbivore, did I upset your Tory ideals of not taxing the extremely wealthy to support us poor?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:35 - Nov 17 with 2001 viewsfooters

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:31 - Nov 17 by Swansea_Blue

He's starting a book club too, so any kid can access books irrespective of whether they can afford them. I struggle to see why anyone would get upset about him using his position of influence to help kids get fed and are become more literate.

People are a whole lot more compliant if they're hungry and uneducated.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:35 - Nov 17 with 2001 viewsSteve_M

You don't think players earning five or six figure sums per week pay significant amounts of tax?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:37 - Nov 17 with 1987 viewsDarth_Koont

The really stupid thing about this is that of course they know how well-paid footballers are. As do the MoS readers.

Revealing what Rashford’s done with his money is such a non-story. The fact that he’s also invested it prudently rather than blowing it on a lifestyle makes it even worse as a piece of journalism and goes to show that they just don’t care about morality and integrity, they just want to injure and smear.

The whole thing is unbelievably cheap and nasty.

Pronouns: He/Him

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:38 - Nov 17 with 1980 viewsBig_Jase

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:33 - Nov 17 by TieDyedIn95

What's wrong Herbivore, did I upset your Tory ideals of not taxing the extremely wealthy to support us poor?

You do realise he already pays 50% tax on nearly all of his income?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 11:07 - Nov 17 with 1922 viewsHerbivore

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 10:33 - Nov 17 by TieDyedIn95

Me, a Tory? Jesus wept.

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 11:26 - Nov 17 with 1849 viewsDanTheMan

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 11:07 - Nov 17 by Herbivore

Me, a Tory? Jesus wept.

I did have a good laugh seeing that.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 11:30 - Nov 17 with 1830 viewsFixed_It

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 11:26 - Nov 17 by DanTheMan

I did have a good laugh seeing that.

Otherwise known as Herb-Adolf-ivore!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good counter to the predictable crap from MoS about Marcus Rashford on 12:08 - Nov 17 with 1799 viewsGuthrum

Problem with Rashford is he's showing disturbing tendencies towards compassion and building a better society, rather than just wanting to make a pile of money and sit on it like some Tolkienian dragon, as all Right-Thinking People do.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024