Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. 10:07 - Nov 18 with 1380 viewsmonty_radio

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Championship strugglers Barnsley. The Italian, 30, is a free agent after having his contract with Bresica terminated over missed training sessions.
THE SUN

How long would you give him? Mind you, the Barnsley Bugle would have something to write about other than decay (or perhaps not).

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 10:09 - Nov 18 with 1358 viewsBlueBadger

If we were still being managed by Paul Jewell or were somehow still in the Championship we probably would have signed him by now.

Can you imagine PRP's presser about that one?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 10:17 - Nov 18 with 1327 viewsgordon

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 10:09 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

If we were still being managed by Paul Jewell or were somehow still in the Championship we probably would have signed him by now.

Would also have liked to see Balotelli deal with one of Paul Hurst's small man syndrome ego ejaculations:

'how the f*ck did you play in the world cup for Italy? You're sh*t.'
Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 10:17 - Nov 18 with 1323 viewsclive_baker

Got to be worth a pay-as-you-play contract to the end of the season? If he finds some form and starts scoring a few goals that secure Barnsley's Championship status that has to be worthwhile. Not to mention the media circus it'll create, and any commercial benefits.

Always seemed a bit of a loose cannon but he was some player on his day.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 10:25 - Nov 18 with 1292 viewsmonty_radio

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 10:09 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

He scored the two for Italy that beat Germany in 2012 in the Euro semi.

However, it was played in Warsaw and, as we know, it has to have been in Germany to count.

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:25 - Nov 18 with 1208 viewsAce_High1

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 10:17 - Nov 18 by clive_baker

Got to be worth a pay-as-you-play contract to the end of the season? If he finds some form and starts scoring a few goals that secure Barnsley's Championship status that has to be worthwhile. Not to mention the media circus it'll create, and any commercial benefits.

Always seemed a bit of a loose cannon but he was some player on his day.

This is a bit like a throwback to when top foreign players used to turn up at obscure clubs way below their level.

Ravinelli?
Juhinho?
Carbone?

it will never work, I expect a bit like Sol Campbell at Notts County, he would walk out within a month.
Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:37 - Nov 18 with 1185 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wonder how those talks went.

Barnsley: ‘Hi Mario, it’s Barnsley here’
Balotell: ‘Who?’
Barnsley: ‘We’re a small northern team in England playing in the Championship’
Balotelli: ‘Oh’
Barnsley: ‘Fancy playing for us for a year?’
Balotelli: ‘Aha no.’
Barnsley: ‘Thanks Mario’
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 12:48]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:40 - Nov 18 with 1174 viewsmonty_radio

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:25 - Nov 18 by Ace_High1

This is a bit like a throwback to when top foreign players used to turn up at obscure clubs way below their level.

Ravinelli?
Juhinho?
Carbone?

it will never work, I expect a bit like Sol Campbell at Notts County, he would walk out within a month.

I wonder what he'd make of Barnsley. Last time I wondered around there waiting for my train back after we stole a late draw, having been totally outplayed, I found it down-at-heel, as you would expect, but with seemingly a good communal feel to it. He might have to endure chips with his favourite Italian meal though.

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:41 - Nov 18 with 1167 viewsitfcpaul

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:40 - Nov 18 by monty_radio

I wonder what he'd make of Barnsley. Last time I wondered around there waiting for my train back after we stole a late draw, having been totally outplayed, I found it down-at-heel, as you would expect, but with seemingly a good communal feel to it. He might have to endure chips with his favourite Italian meal though.

rather an anti-northern/Barnsley comment there, don't they have chips in Ipswich then....

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Login to get fewer ads

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:42 - Nov 18 with 1160 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:40 - Nov 18 by monty_radio

I believe that day was ‘absolute scenes’ someone once said..

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 12:43 - Nov 18 with 1065 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:25 - Nov 18 by Ace_High1

Ravinelli?
Juhinho?
Carbone?

Boro were in the Prem and at least on the up when they signed those players. (Even though they managed to get relegated with all Rav's goals).

Sheff Wed were an established Premier League club and already had Di Canio in their ranks. I'm not sure Carbone was a mega star at the time either. (Randomly I was at his debut against Blackburn, much fanfare and Italian theming).

I fondly remember Ivano Bonetti at Grimsby! That was an odd signing.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 12:47]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 15:27 - Nov 18 with 933 viewsmonty_radio

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:41 - Nov 18 by itfcpaul

rather an anti-northern/Barnsley comment there, don't they have chips in Ipswich then....

Indeed they. do, and decay is also a sad feature in Ipswich too. I like the North, and its northerness - chippiness is not a particular preserve of the compass, but the day has not yet come when all locally directed attempts at levity are completely forbidden - unless it's on the occasional "General" thread.

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 15:47 - Nov 18 with 897 viewsmonty_radio

Mario Balotelli has held talks with Barnsley. on 11:42 - Nov 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I believe that day was ‘absolute scenes’ someone once said..

I think they were in inverse proportion to the scenes that Town had created on the pitch, hence the outburst.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024