Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody would think we lost 18:52 - Nov 21 with 4450 viewsTractorBoyOlly

We're not going to steamroll everyone 5-0. Yes we were poor but we had a run of 3/4 games where we had some poor decisions against us. It all balances itself out over the course of the season. Whilst we're still 3rd and chance to beat the leaders we need to get behind Lambert. Disunity is going to help nobody in getting out of this tinpot league.

Poll: Final points total?

Anybody would think we lost on 18:54 - Nov 21 with 2163 viewsBlueBadger

Trouble is, its not just a poor performance in isolation was it? We've been getting away with it for weeks.

A better team than Shrewsbury would have buried us today.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anybody would think we lost on 18:56 - Nov 21 with 2149 viewsCoastalblue

We should have lost, and made a side that may well be relegated look good.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anybody would think we lost on 18:58 - Nov 21 with 2134 viewskeighleyblue

Thank fk, somebody that talks sense.
Anybody would think we lost on 18:58 - Nov 21 with 2134 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 18:54 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, its not just a poor performance in isolation was it? We've been getting away with it for weeks.

Getting away with it for weeks??

We came back from 2 goals down against Portsmouth with our reserves in a game that should have been settled on penalties. Last season we would have thrown in the towel.

We had ridiculous decisions against Sunderland where we should have taken a point.

We started the season with one recognised striker who hadn't played for us in a competitive game and our midfield 3 were bossing the division.

Yes we're going to get found out but with less CM options at the moment and more strikers available it's a chance for Lambert to go back to 4-4-2 and confuse a few teams. Keep the faith!

Anybody would think we lost on 19:00 - Nov 21 with 2111 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 18:58 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Getting away with it for weeks??

We came back from 2 goals down against Portsmouth with our reserves in a game that should have been settled on penalties. Last season we would have thrown in the towel.

We had ridiculous decisions against Sunderland where we should have taken a point.

We started the season with one recognised striker who hadn't played for us in a competitive game and our midfield 3 were bossing the division.

Yes we're going to get found out but with less CM options at the moment and more strikers available it's a chance for Lambert to go back to 4-4-2 and confuse a few teams. Keep the faith!

We still lost against Portsmouth and were shocking for 90 out of 120 minutes.

We've been incredibly lucky this season far more than we've been unlucky.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 19:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:01 - Nov 21 with 2106 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 18:58 - Nov 21 by keighleyblue

Thank fk, somebody that talks sense.

So Lambert by BlueBadger 21 Nov 2020 16:44
What about the limp relegation, failure to get out of the 3rd division last season and piss-poor football convinced you he was still the man for the job?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:05 - Nov 21 with 2101 viewshomer_123

Ref decisions has no bearing on how we approach games or play football.

The old saying of it being a good thing to play poorly and still win still applies but look at our approach and how we've played in the 6 or games compared to how we started the season.

This is a repeat of last season....sadly.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 19:12]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:06 - Nov 21 with 2089 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:01 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

So Lambert by BlueBadger 21 Nov 2020 16:44
What about the limp relegation, failure to get out of the 3rd division last season and piss-poor football convinced you he was still the man for the job?

We were down once we sacked Mccarthy. We had been treading water for years and relegation was our 'great reset'

If we had been allowed to finish the season, who knows what could have happened with an extended break? That's history though and we're currently 3rd FFS.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody would think we lost on 19:08 - Nov 21 with 2079 viewshomer_123

Anybody would think we lost on 19:06 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

We were down once we sacked Mccarthy. We had been treading water for years and relegation was our 'great reset'

If we had been allowed to finish the season, who knows what could have happened with an extended break? That's history though and we're currently 3rd FFS.

Do you think, on current performance, we will maintain this position based on the season so far?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:09 - Nov 21 with 2068 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:08 - Nov 21 by homer_123

Do you think, on current performance, we will maintain this position based on the season so far?

Hang on a minute let me grab my crystal ball... What kind of question is that?!

Anybody would think we lost on 19:10 - Nov 21 with 2053 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:06 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

This time last season, we were seven points clear at the top and playing better than we are now.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:10 - Nov 21 with 2052 viewshomer_123

Anybody would think we lost on 19:09 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Hang on a minute let me grab my crystal ball... What kind of question is that?!

A fairly clear question.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:13 - Nov 21 with 2036 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:10 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

This time last season, we were seven points clear at the top and playing better than we are now.

Yes but what happened after that??

Anybody would think we lost on 19:13 - Nov 21 with 2035 viewslazyblue

Anybody would think we lost on 18:54 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

Not really , outplayed Sunderland and Lincoln in recent weeks.
Anybody would think we lost on 19:15 - Nov 21 with 2016 viewsChurchman

It is not about disunity, it is about not being happy scraping results against mighty Crewe and awesome Shrewsbury then losing against most of the top 12. While I know we are punching above our weight against Donny, Lincoln, Portsmouth, Charlton etc, I don’t have to like it. I wouldn’t be so disappointed if I didn’t care.

I’m not expecting Ramsey’s, Robson’s or Burley’s teams. Those days are long gone. But I do expect something that resembles a team, the odd decent performance, a feeling that we are competitive and moving forwards after 2 decades of going backwards. Maybe that’s too much to ask.
Anybody would think we lost on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 2009 viewsBobbychase

We were terrible today, but I think there has been an overreaction. We're missing plenty of key players but we've won ALL our home league games, conceding one goal in the process. I expect Posh would have loved a flukey win today. We'd earned some luck after what happened at Sunderland (and at home to Portsmouth I'd add).

HOWEVER: Two massive tests coming up and we could have done without losing two midfielders today.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 2002 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Why do people call this a tinpot league as if we are too good for it

Makes me chuckle every time.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:18 - Nov 21 with 1994 viewswkj

I like winning, and we won.

However, we do lack something to get the excitement and confidence going.

I think the criticism of Lambert on here goes way overboard, however, he deserves a degree of criticism all the same. We haven't been performing like a team that is ready to take on the Championship and today we were lucky, although given some of the referee performances we've had, we were due a lot of luck.

Whilst we shouldn't be steamrolling teams 5-0 every week, we should at least have a game plan where we consistently look confident and keep our opposition guessing and adapting, particularly at home. However, this season and last has shown we've often been the team having to react and adapt and this is where my criticism of today's game comes in - we were playing on their terms most of the game and we simply should be controlling games like this for the most of 90 minutes, and we can only do that with consistency and a plan - two things that Paul Lambert has been highly erratic with.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anybody would think we lost on 19:18 - Nov 21 with 1994 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Anybody would think we lost on 19:17 - Nov 21 by Bobbychase

We were terrible today, but I think there has been an overreaction. We're missing plenty of key players but we've won ALL our home league games, conceding one goal in the process. I expect Posh would have loved a flukey win today. We'd earned some luck after what happened at Sunderland (and at home to Portsmouth I'd add).

HOWEVER: Two massive tests coming up and we could have done without losing two midfielders today.

I don’t even think we were as terrible as people have made out. Appreciate everyone sees games different.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:18 - Nov 21 with 1994 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:15 - Nov 21 by Churchman

It is not about disunity, it is about not being happy scraping results against mighty Crewe and awesome Shrewsbury then losing against most of the top 12. While I know we are punching above our weight against Donny, Lincoln, Portsmouth, Charlton etc, I don’t have to like it. I wouldn’t be so disappointed if I didn’t care.

I’m not expecting Ramsey’s, Robson’s or Burley’s teams. Those days are long gone. But I do expect something that resembles a team, the odd decent performance, a feeling that we are competitive and moving forwards after 2 decades of going backwards. Maybe that’s too much to ask.

I do agree but when you come up against a team that put 11 men behind the ball with no intention of playing football it can be difficult. I'll admit we had an off day against crewe who are actually a good side but just need some consistency. We got the win that day and that's what football is all about. We are not Liverpool or Man City some town fans need to stop harping back 40 years and look at the here and now.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:19 - Nov 21 with 1978 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:13 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Yes but what happened after that??

We collapsed in utterly feeble fashion having spent several games prior to it getting lucky results.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:20 - Nov 21 with 1977 viewsmattyhollandsirish

We don't and haven't steamrolled anyone 5-0 for a long time. We've barely beaten a decent side in a season and a half of league one football. So whilst the optimism and comments of unity no doubt come from a good place, they and Lambert are simply not going to get us out of this league. That's becoming more obvious every game we play.
Anybody would think we lost on 19:20 - Nov 21 with 1967 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:13 - Nov 21 by lazyblue

Not really , outplayed Sunderland and Lincoln in recent weeks.

And we've also been completely outplayed by Crewe, Portsmouth and now Shrewsbury considerably more recently.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:20 - Nov 21 with 1967 viewsTJS

Well said - it's not like we have got to wait long for our next major test.
We are at home to the leading team who also have the best away record in the division on Tuesday.
If we really are that bad we should get destroyed by Hull and the knives can justifiably come out then.
Anybody would think we lost on 19:22 - Nov 21 with 1949 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:17 - Nov 21 by Bobbychase

People are angry because this isn't a bad performance in isolation. It's a bad performance after two years of false dawns and poor performances under an incompetent manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024