Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody would think we lost 18:52 - Nov 21 with 4459 viewsTractorBoyOlly

We're not going to steamroll everyone 5-0. Yes we were poor but we had a run of 3/4 games where we had some poor decisions against us. It all balances itself out over the course of the season. Whilst we're still 3rd and chance to beat the leaders we need to get behind Lambert. Disunity is going to help nobody in getting out of this tinpot league.

Poll: Final points total?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:23 - Nov 21 with 1961 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:20 - Nov 21 by mattyhollandsirish

We don't and haven't steamrolled anyone 5-0 for a long time. We've barely beaten a decent side in a season and a half of league one football. So whilst the optimism and comments of unity no doubt come from a good place, they and Lambert are simply not going to get us out of this league. That's becoming more obvious every game we play.

I don't agree. Managers like Mccarthy, Pulis and Warnock have built successful careers by winning 1-0 and grinding out results. If that's what gets us out of this league then so be it. I don't care if we played like Barcelona we're in League One not La Liga

Anybody would think we lost on 19:27 - Nov 21 with 1942 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:23 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

I don't agree. Managers like Mccarthy, Pulis and Warnock have built successful careers by winning 1-0 and grinding out results. If that's what gets us out of this league then so be it. I don't care if we played like Barcelona we're in League One not La Liga

The danger here is we're lucking our way through games in a really, really weak division. I fear humiliation that would trump 18/19 should we somehow achieve promotion despite our current failings.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:28 - Nov 21 with 1939 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:27 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

The danger here is we're lucking our way through games in a really, really weak division. I fear humiliation that would trump 18/19 should we somehow achieve promotion despite our current failings.

How could achieving promotion lead to humiliation? I'm signing out and going back to planet earth.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:30 - Nov 21 with 1932 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Anybody would think we lost on 18:54 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, its not just a poor performance in isolation was it? We've been getting away with it for weeks.

A better team than Shrewsbury would have buried us today.

I don't know how this can get a down arrow. How can anyone disagree with this?
Anybody would think we lost on 19:30 - Nov 21 with 1932 viewsJDB23

We steamrolled teams as a bottom half Championship side more often than we do fighting at the top of the league below.

Scraping undeserved wins against relegation candidates then getting swept aside by any promotion rival is hardly course for celebration.
Anybody would think we lost on 19:30 - Nov 21 with 1931 viewsChurchman

Anybody would think we lost on 19:23 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

While I like your optimism, we are just not going to get out of this league the way we are at the moment. Mid table would be an achievement.

Warnock, MM & co’s teams play to a pattern and are fit, dominating physically even if not the most skilled. We have nothing, bar a few reasonably talented younger players.
Anybody would think we lost on 19:36 - Nov 21 with 1926 viewsGarv

Stupidly I listened to one of the EADT's 'extra' podcasts recently.

The sentence 'the only positive is that we're third, and that's not really positive because we should be pissing this' was genuinely muttered by one of the guests.

The delusion amongst our fan base is a mixture of tedious and fascinating.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anybody would think we lost on 19:36 - Nov 21 with 1913 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Anybody would think we lost on 18:58 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Getting away with it for weeks??

We came back from 2 goals down against Portsmouth with our reserves in a game that should have been settled on penalties. Last season we would have thrown in the towel.

We had ridiculous decisions against Sunderland where we should have taken a point.

We started the season with one recognised striker who hadn't played for us in a competitive game and our midfield 3 were bossing the division.

Yes we're going to get found out but with less CM options at the moment and more strikers available it's a chance for Lambert to go back to 4-4-2 and confuse a few teams. Keep the faith!

"Last season we would have thrown in the towel"

Remind us who the manager was last season, again?

We're not out of it, and we have had a lot of injuries, but the jury is still out on Lambert.
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody would think we lost on 19:37 - Nov 21 with 1909 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:28 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

How could achieving promotion lead to humiliation? I'm signing out and going back to planet earth.

Because we'd be walloped, match in, match out playing like this ins the Championship.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anybody would think we lost on 19:39 - Nov 21 with 1896 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:36 - Nov 21 by Garv

Stupidly I listened to one of the EADT's 'extra' podcasts recently.

The sentence 'the only positive is that we're third, and that's not really positive because we should be pissing this' was genuinely muttered by one of the guests.

The delusion amongst our fan base is a mixture of tedious and fascinating.

Bang on! Finally someone who gets it

Anybody would think we lost on 19:40 - Nov 21 with 1893 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:37 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

Because we'd be walloped, match in, match out playing like this ins the Championship.

Ifs buts and maybes

Anybody would think we lost on 19:41 - Nov 21 with 1882 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:40 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Ifs buts and maybes

What about our current playing set up makes you think we're equipped to win promotion and stay up?

Anybody would think we lost on 19:44 - Nov 21 with 1875 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 19:41 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

What about our current playing set up makes you think we're equipped to win promotion and stay up?

Now where did I put that crystal ball?! Who the f knows. All I'm saying is live for the present, we're 3rd let's get behind the team AND manager FFS

Anybody would think we lost on 19:54 - Nov 21 with 1859 viewsBlueBadger

Anybody would think we lost on 19:44 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Now where did I put that crystal ball?! Who the f knows. All I'm saying is live for the present, we're 3rd let's get behind the team AND manager FFS

I'm well behind the team. I just don't think the manager is the man to actually get them playing, winning and properly competing rather than getting away with it.

Anybody would think we lost on 20:28 - Nov 21 with 1829 viewsMullet

You mistyped years. That's the kindest I can be about that post.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anybody would think we lost on 20:34 - Nov 21 with 1815 viewsMullet

Anybody would think we lost on 19:44 - Nov 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Well the present is, we have a slew of injuries, have just put in the worst winning performance we can imagine, had no guts, shape, discipline or quality in any of the thirds and are still in the third tier.

Our manager is now taking potshots at the interview equivalent of Lorraine Kelly holding a kitten and is failing to utilise the youths, whilst constantly sniping at them or falling out with them.

Every last vested entitled whinge about how bad things are in the last few years has been emphatically made to look like highlight reel stuff and we are about as fun to watch as seeing your Mrs having it off with your mortal enemy lit romantically by your life savings and wordly possessions strewn about the room on fire.

It's sh1t mate. Utter sh1t.

Anybody would think we lost on 07:20 - Nov 22 with 1755 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 20:34 - Nov 21 by Mullet

Well the present is, we have a slew of injuries, have just put in the worst winning performance we can imagine, had no guts, shape, discipline or quality in any of the thirds and are still in the third tier.

Our manager is now taking potshots at the interview equivalent of Lorraine Kelly holding a kitten and is failing to utilise the youths, whilst constantly sniping at them or falling out with them.

Every last vested entitled whinge about how bad things are in the last few years has been emphatically made to look like highlight reel stuff and we are about as fun to watch as seeing your Mrs having it off with your mortal enemy lit romantically by your life savings and wordly possessions strewn about the room on fire.

It's sh1t mate. Utter sh1t.

I've never particularly rated Brenner as a journalist. He always seems to over celebrate when the opposition score and maybe he just caught Lambert with a sore point.

We won. Let's focus on Tuesday. Its going to be a very tough game, if we rolled over 5-0 then I will have to willing to concede a few points but until then if you can't get behind the club then why bother?

Anybody would think we lost on 07:24 - Nov 22 with 1752 viewsElderGrizzly

Can we just steamroller one team, before you claim we want to do the same every week?
Anybody would think we lost on 07:27 - Nov 22 with 1749 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 07:24 - Nov 22 by ElderGrizzly

Can we just steamroller one team, before you claim we want to do the same every week?

We did. Blackpool

Anybody would think we lost on 07:33 - Nov 22 with 1736 viewsSuffolktractor

Anybody would think we lost on 07:27 - Nov 22 by TractorBoyOlly

We did. Blackpool

Yes but everyone steamrollers Blackpool, they are really rubbish.
Just look what Peterborough did to them yesterday!!
Anybody would think we lost on 07:41 - Nov 22 with 1724 viewsElderGrizzly

Anybody would think we lost on 07:27 - Nov 22 by TractorBoyOlly

We did. Blackpool

So we’re as good as Doncaster based on that given they also beat us 4-1?
Anybody would think we lost on 07:44 - Nov 22 with 1719 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Anybody would think we lost on 07:41 - Nov 22 by ElderGrizzly

As I said... We're not going to steamroll everyone. It's a competitive division just as every division is.

The notion of 100 points 100 goals is just ridiculous, we are still right up where we should be. The hard work starts on Tuesday.

Anybody would think we lost on 08:49 - Nov 22 with 1681 viewsMullet

Anybody would think we lost on 07:20 - Nov 22 by TractorBoyOlly

I've never particularly rated Brenner as a journalist. He always seems to over celebrate when the opposition score and maybe he just caught Lambert with a sore point.

We won. Let's focus on Tuesday. Its going to be a very tough game, if we rolled over 5-0 then I will have to willing to concede a few points but until then if you can't get behind the club then why bother?

Whether you rate Brenner or not is irrelevant to the manner in which Lambert addressed him today. You can't just make up a new point to cover ones you find inconvenient. This thread is full of it.

Tuesday's result is irrelevant to not being happy with today, this past month or so or the fact that Lambert is lashing out at refs, the media, his own youths etc. It is simply not good enough, and framing that criticism as unreasonable or superlatively demanding things you've added to the discussion is sh1thouse level debate.

If you're happy with what we put out again today, so be it, but who are you to tell me or anyone else they're not behind the club because they have little tolerance for the sh1t the club has become on Lambert's watch?

Anybody would think we lost on 09:11 - Nov 22 with 1663 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anybody would think we lost on 07:41 - Nov 22 by ElderGrizzly

You're moving the goalposts there Grizzers. You asked for one team we'd steamrollered and you were given one.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anybody would think we lost on 09:20 - Nov 22 with 1648 viewsgordon

Anybody would think we lost on 08:49 - Nov 22 by Mullet

Whether you rate Brenner or not is irrelevant to the manner in which Lambert addressed him today. You can't just make up a new point to cover ones you find inconvenient. This thread is full of it.

Tuesday's result is irrelevant to not being happy with today, this past month or so or the fact that Lambert is lashing out at refs, the media, his own youths etc. It is simply not good enough, and framing that criticism as unreasonable or superlatively demanding things you've added to the discussion is sh1thouse level debate.

If you're happy with what we put out again today, so be it, but who are you to tell me or anyone else they're not behind the club because they have little tolerance for the sh1t the club has become on Lambert's watch?

Yes, exactly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024