Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? 23:47 - Dec 1 with 1094 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Fans apparently waiting to abuse him before getting on the team bus at griffin park, the booing of players / every substitution and of course “numbskull gate.” Versus now where we have a team lacking in any cutting edge or plan, being led by a clearly angry manager, taking swipes at the media, fans and players left right and centre.

This feels worse and more sour to me as PL is showing how disingenuous some of his PR narrative must’ve been. Underneath it all, I think most of us knew and respected that MM was a top coach and a great man manager, his time was just up. PL on the other hand has shown no such qualities in his previous 3(?) jobs before here and hasn’t delivered us any form of success on the pitch whatsoever.

Becoming more and more evident that this is past the point of no return. If Evan’s has any sense he’ll rip the band aid off now, and prevent further damage.

Time’s up, Paul.
How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 23:49 - Dec 1 with 1076 viewspointofblue

I also felt that every single player was behind Mick to the bitter end. Despite what Lambert said tonight I can’t help but feel the squad is, at best, split between those who still have faith in him and those who believe he should leave.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 23:53 - Dec 1 with 1032 viewsCrayonKing

Even when things went sour most people still had some respect for Mick, and you'd still find people on here who wanted him to stay.

I don't think I've ever seen this place so united against a manager as they are now.
How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 23:56 - Dec 1 with 1005 viewspointofblue

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 23:53 - Dec 1 by CrayonKing

Even when things went sour most people still had some respect for Mick, and you'd still find people on here who wanted him to stay.

I don't think I've ever seen this place so united against a manager as they are now.

The end days of Jewell, perhaps, but I think most still respected him as a person even if not as a manager.

I think the forum was pretty united behind Hurst’s departure after the QPR debacle too. He decided to turn on the players rather than the fans.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 23:56 - Dec 1 with 1004 viewsreusersfreekicks

The behaviour at Griffin Parkn was disgusting and embarrassing
How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:10 - Dec 2 with 955 viewsMatt_Netherlands

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 23:49 - Dec 1 by pointofblue

I also felt that every single player was behind Mick to the bitter end. Despite what Lambert said tonight I can’t help but feel the squad is, at best, split between those who still have faith in him and those who believe he should leave.

Agreed, players were still going out of their way to say how committed they were to him (as many ex players continued to do).... yet to see anything of the sort this season!

I wonder if the dressing room is more fragmented than it has been? Chambers is the only senior starting player who has any real true link to the club:

Skuse - presumably not around the first team much due to injuries
Ward - new to the club and probably wondering what he’s signed up for
Norwood / Jackson / Holy / Wilson - senior pros perhaps, but none strike me as a dressing room leader

That can do one of two things for player power... make it harder for lambert to keep them all on board, or make his job harder as he can’t rely on senior players to rally the troops.
How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:16 - Dec 2 with 939 viewstextbackup

its a different sort of situation for me. Because MM very much had my heart and soul when he started here, in the PO season, I was so happy we had him, could do no wrong.

then when it started to turn I felt so angry that there was more to it, that he was protecting his payslip and not calling evans out more. then it all completely went tits up.

but with lambert, I was willing to "give him a go" I was hoping it was going to be the lambert from Norwich days. quickly proved not to be.

and now his spin, his bullsht, the lies. just fck him. I thought I hated MM at the end, its nothing compared to the hate I feel for PL

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:26 - Dec 2 with 907 viewsMatt_Netherlands

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:16 - Dec 2 by textbackup

its a different sort of situation for me. Because MM very much had my heart and soul when he started here, in the PO season, I was so happy we had him, could do no wrong.

then when it started to turn I felt so angry that there was more to it, that he was protecting his payslip and not calling evans out more. then it all completely went tits up.

but with lambert, I was willing to "give him a go" I was hoping it was going to be the lambert from Norwich days. quickly proved not to be.

and now his spin, his bullsht, the lies. just fck him. I thought I hated MM at the end, its nothing compared to the hate I feel for PL

Im with you. With Mick things went from reasonable (albeit unspectacular) highs, to the depths of a prolonged break up. Now however, we haven’t even had the highs. We’ve gone from a mediocre relationship where we knew things weren’t right (I.e. we got bloody relegated), to what now is an angry, resent fuelled, inevitable divorce.
How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:31 - Dec 2 with 892 viewstextbackup

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:26 - Dec 2 by Matt_Netherlands

Im with you. With Mick things went from reasonable (albeit unspectacular) highs, to the depths of a prolonged break up. Now however, we haven’t even had the highs. We’ve gone from a mediocre relationship where we knew things weren’t right (I.e. we got bloody relegated), to what now is an angry, resent fuelled, inevitable divorce.

its incredible really isn't it. for one owner to appoint so many poor managers, and to get so much wrong.

but continues to plug a £4-7m gap every year, just for the hell of it.

I really don't understand it all

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:32 - Dec 2 with 889 viewsKropotkin123

I didn't like MM's style of football. I didn't like the way he spoke to fans. But... I felt like he cared. That he cared about the club, his reputation, his players and the team spirit. I felt like the fans were very much on the outside of his circle, but his circle was robust and coming from a good place.

In contrast, I don't think Lambert cares about the club, his players, the team spirit or the fans. I think he had a good game on the fan front, but that is exposed as a busted flush now. Disingenuous, as you say, is definitely apt.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:33 - Dec 2 with 883 viewsMatt_Netherlands

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:31 - Dec 2 by textbackup

its incredible really isn't it. for one owner to appoint so many poor managers, and to get so much wrong.

but continues to plug a £4-7m gap every year, just for the hell of it.

I really don't understand it all

In his defence, nobody else he interviewed when the midget messiah was appointed, has gone on to achieve anything....
How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:57 - Dec 2 with 815 viewsSwansea_Blue

How does the current mood compare to April 2018 under Mick? on 00:33 - Dec 2 by Matt_Netherlands

In his defence, nobody else he interviewed when the midget messiah was appointed, has gone on to achieve anything....

I’m surprised, as ME is normally such a good judge of a manager...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024