Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheepshanks 12:41 - Dec 4 with 2586 viewsFrimleyBlue

Was sheepy a chairman in name or was he the owner of itfc?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sheepshanks on 13:07 - Dec 4 with 2518 viewstrncbluearmy

In name, invited onto the board then voted in as Chairman.
There was no owner as such in those days,Cobbolds held a large amount of shares,but there was probably more distubuted amongst the community.

Everything was better then.

COYB
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 13:08]
Sheepshanks on 13:14 - Dec 4 with 2482 viewsIpswichKnight

He was more custodian of the club. Think the board as a whole had the majority of the shares and placed them with the chairman if needed.

That was the last time the club has felt like a proper community and those at the top did listen. Remember taking to Sheepy at Morecombe away in a cup game!
Sheepshanks on 13:40 - Dec 4 with 2424 viewsTieDyedIn95

Sheepshanks on 13:07 - Dec 4 by trncbluearmy

There was no owner as such in those days,Cobbolds held a large amount of shares,but there was probably more distubuted amongst the community.

COYB

One bright side is while Evans is here the clubs going to become very affordable to the local community again over the next 5 years as the clubs value declines further and the wage bill and facilities continue to get cut!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sheepshanks on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 2417 viewsSteve_M

COYB

Apart from the whole administration and screwing local businesses thing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sheepshanks on 13:51 - Dec 4 with 2397 viewssouthnorfolkblue

COYB

He was one of a handful of shareholders but was never a majority shareholder or anything like.

He was appointed Chair by the Board of Directors

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Sheepshanks on 14:08 - Dec 4 with 2362 viewstrncbluearmy

Sheepshanks on 13:42 - Dec 4 by Steve_M

Apart from the whole administration and screwing local businesses thing.

you have no understanding of what really happened
Sheepshanks on 14:12 - Dec 4 with 2349 viewstrncbluearmy

Sheepshanks on 13:51 - Dec 4 by southnorfolkblue

He was one of a handful of shareholders but was never a majority shareholder or anything like.

He was appointed Chair by the Board of Directors

Sheepy did not have that many shares and as you say was appointed to the board.

The club in those days was run by the board, a designation that many forget when dishing out blame.

There were in fact hundreds of shareholders spread all over East Anglia, I remember travelling miles to knock on doors to buy shares that families had held for generations for the Shareholder Action Group.
Sheepshanks on 14:18 - Dec 4 with 2336 viewsBlueBadger

Sheepshanks on 14:08 - Dec 4 by trncbluearmy

you have no understanding of what really happened

It's pretty simple. We were financially mismanaged by a hubris-ridden chairmen embarking on an expensive rebuild of two stands, subsequently went into administration which resulted in a large number of local businesses and charities being stiffed for money.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 18:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheepshanks on 14:21 - Dec 4 with 2312 viewstrncbluearmy

Sheepshanks on 14:18 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

It's pretty simple. We were financially mismanaged by a hubris-ridden chairmen embarking on an expensive rebuild of two stands, subsequently went into administration which resulted in a large number of local businesses and charities being stiffed for money.

you may think so, I can`t be bothered to argue with such rubbish
Sheepshanks on 14:23 - Dec 4 with 2286 viewsRyorry

Sheepshanks on 14:21 - Dec 4 by trncbluearmy

I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say to counteract what he said tho, if you can find the time.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sheepshanks on 14:29 - Dec 4 with 2261 viewsBloomBlue

I'm sure the people who lost their jobs because of Sheepshanks incompetence don't agree with you.

It was Sheepshanks who killed Ipswich Town football club as community club
Sheepshanks on 14:32 - Dec 4 with 2250 viewsAlanG296

Sheepshanks on 14:29 - Dec 4 by BloomBlue

I'm sure the people who lost their jobs because of Sheepshanks incompetence don't agree with you.

Ultimately, from his long involvement with ITFC, Sheepshanks got a long career in football administration and we got Marcus Evans.
Sheepshanks on 14:38 - Dec 4 with 2241 viewsBlueBadger

Because it's quite hard to argue with facts, presumably.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sheepshanks on 14:56 - Dec 4 with 2170 viewsRyorry

Sheepshanks on 14:29 - Dec 4 by BloomBlue

He made a couple of terrible mistakes I grant you, but he always cared passionately about ITFC and us fans. I remember him coming up into the stands on some filthy night at a Newcastle away game to shake us all by the hand.

Saying it was him who "killed Ipswich Town football club as community club" is far too harsh, and just plain wrong.

Sheepshanks on 15:01 - Dec 4 with 2153 viewsAlanG296

Sheepshanks on 14:56 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

He made a couple of terrible mistakes I grant you, but he always cared passionately about ITFC and us fans. I remember him coming up into the stands on some filthy night at a Newcastle away game to shake us all by the hand.

Saying it was him who "killed Ipswich Town football club as community club" is far too harsh, and just plain wrong.

PRSheepshanks.
Sheepshanks on 15:04 - Dec 4 with 2130 viewsRyorry

Sheepshanks on 15:01 - Dec 4 by AlanG296

PRSheepshanks.

No connection I assure you!

Sheepshanks on 15:06 - Dec 4 with 2130 viewslongtimefan

Sheepshanks on 14:18 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

Two stands!
Sheepshanks on 15:07 - Dec 4 with 2126 viewsfooters

Sheepshanks on 14:38 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

Because it's quite hard to argue with facts, presumably.

I'm intrigued by what the real truth of the matter is now! How rude to leave us all hanging like that. Or maybe it's because he's talking bollox.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sheepshanks on 15:15 - Dec 4 with 2092 viewsIpswichKnight

We can’t gloss over the financial side, as usual if it could go wrong it did with us. We went too big too quick and at the same time the collapse of itv digital did us over. We did need to consider replacing stands but did we need to build so big and replace both?

I agree totally about his care for Town fans.
Sheepshanks on 15:24 - Dec 4 with 2064 viewsblueislander

Sheepshanks on 15:15 - Dec 4 by IpswichKnight

We can’t gloss over the financial side, as usual if it could go wrong it did with us. We went too big too quick and at the same time the collapse of itv digital did us over. We did need to consider replacing stands but did we need to build so big and replace both?

I agree totally about his care for Town fans.

In some ways the success of our first season back in the Premiership rebounded on us. The board gave Burley a huge amount of money to spend to continue to compete with the elite clubs. The money was not wisely spent. As mentioned the ITV digital issue was probably the tipping point.
Sheepshanks on 15:26 - Dec 4 with 2055 viewsRegencyBlue

Sheepshanks problem was that he began to believe his own publicity,. that he could do no wrong. In some respects he was a victim of circumstances but his own arrogance made things worse than they need otherwise have been.

I certainly agree that he cared passionately about all things ITFC but he got it wrong and, in the process, weakened the club to such an extent that we fell victim to a charlatan like Evans.
Sheepshanks on 15:50 - Dec 4 with 1954 viewsRyorry

Sheepshanks on 15:24 - Dec 4 by blueislander

In some ways the success of our first season back in the Premiership rebounded on us. The board gave Burley a huge amount of money to spend to continue to compete with the elite clubs. The money was not wisely spent. As mentioned the ITV digital issue was probably the tipping point.

Think that' it really, I said at the time that getting into Europe might turn out to be double-edged for us - Burley went on a spending spree, signings like Sereni broke our wage structure, and the sudden influx of several new players weakened the wonderful dressing-room spirit that had seen us through the POs and a fantastic first PL season.

Sheepshanks on 17:55 - Dec 4 with 1865 viewsColin_Viljoen

Sheepshanks on 15:24 - Dec 4 by blueislander

The worse thing that happened to itfc was us gaining entry to europe in the 1st season back.
We chucked money at certain players to fund a european dream.
Outside of the top six that 1st season I doubt we would have been relagated so soon!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024