Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? 20:33 - Dec 29 with 1087 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘It had initially been expected that the game would be put back to later in the season but the EFL is keen to get matches played and there are concerns that action such as fines or even points deductions could be handed out retrospectively if games are postponed and it’s later deemed that they could have been played.’

If they did, we should pull out of the league in protest. They surely wouldn’t do that in a situation like this.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 1067 viewsPhilTWTD

I can't see it happening either, they'd face court cases if they did I'm sure. However, it is being talked about, I'm told.
The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 1059 viewspointofblue

It’s why Rotherham played tonight even though one of their players is showing symptoms, on the final day of isolation. It’s probably why our games went ahead when Jackson tested positive too.

One positive test should equal postponement, no questions asked. And the tests should become more prevalent, akin to the Premier League (which, going by current developments, may still not be enough).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 1051 viewschrismakin

Depends really, it is a squad game afterall and most clubs have a reserve/u23 side, and u18s

EFL could say look you need 14 players really out of three squads, Plenty of players available

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:38 - Dec 29 with 1040 viewshype313

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:36 - Dec 29 by PhilTWTD

I can't see it happening either, they'd face court cases if they did I'm sure. However, it is being talked about, I'm told.

They should be talking about pausing the season, not points deductions for clubs crippled with positive cases, it's absurd.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 997 viewsPhilTWTD

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:38 - Dec 29 by hype313

They should be talking about pausing the season, not points deductions for clubs crippled with positive cases, it's absurd.

The problem they've got is when to play the games, we're going to have 28 in four months as it is. An extension to the season isn't on the table apparently, as it stands anyway, with the play-off dates set and then the Euros. From what I recall from last summer, UEFA has to give the go-ahead for domestic seasons to be extended.
The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:52 - Dec 29 with 972 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We should really be looking at whether we can reasonably field a fit and prepared side of an adequate standard and then acting off the back of that decision.

How could the EFL prove we were able to field a side?

The bigger issue is that we do not want to play Swindon with considerably less recovery and preparation time if it can be helped. It appears to be a choice between Saturday or Tuesday for the Fleetwood match. If Saturday is too soon for a 2 or 3 players but the squad has been able to train together otherwise, fine. Hopefully one or two of those previously injured should be fit now as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:59 - Dec 29 with 927 viewsElderGrizzly

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:49 - Dec 29 by PhilTWTD

The problem they've got is when to play the games, we're going to have 28 in four months as it is. An extension to the season isn't on the table apparently, as it stands anyway, with the play-off dates set and then the Euros. From what I recall from last summer, UEFA has to give the go-ahead for domestic seasons to be extended.

EFL and PL appear to have their head in the sand.

Commentators were talking about a 2 week break being proposed just now though

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/29/premier-league-on-alert-after-r
The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 21:07 - Dec 29 with 878 viewsSeablu

The EFL wouldn’t dare give a points deduction in these circumstances surely? on 20:52 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

We should really be looking at whether we can reasonably field a fit and prepared side of an adequate standard and then acting off the back of that decision.

How could the EFL prove we were able to field a side?

The bigger issue is that we do not want to play Swindon with considerably less recovery and preparation time if it can be helped. It appears to be a choice between Saturday or Tuesday for the Fleetwood match. If Saturday is too soon for a 2 or 3 players but the squad has been able to train together otherwise, fine. Hopefully one or two of those previously injured should be fit now as well.

Childish I know, but the bit about a ‘fit and prepared side of an adequate standard’ made me giggle more than it should have.
No court in the land would convict us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024