Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local vaccine update 11:18 - Jan 4 with 2227 viewsLord_Lucan

Just been confirmed Mother is getting her 2nd Pfizer jab on Wednesday.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Local vaccine update on 11:24 - Jan 4 with 2189 viewsGuthrum

Good stuff.

My mother (in her 80s) has not had any news of receiving her first one yet. Seems they're struggling to get it rolled out in some parts of east Cambridgeshire.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Local vaccine update on 11:25 - Jan 4 with 2185 viewsFtnfwest

Madam Ftnf Senior had her 2nd on New Years Eve (she is a mile from Addenbrookes so i don't know if that helped her queue number!)
Local vaccine update on 11:27 - Jan 4 with 2159 viewsPJH

Local vaccine update on 11:24 - Jan 4 by Guthrum

Good stuff.

My mother (in her 80s) has not had any news of receiving her first one yet. Seems they're struggling to get it rolled out in some parts of east Cambridgeshire.

My mum, who is 95, has heard nothing as yet either-in Woodbridge.
Local vaccine update on 11:39 - Jan 4 with 2100 viewsLord_Lucan

Local vaccine update on 11:24 - Jan 4 by Guthrum

Good stuff.

Could it have anything to do with the surgery and their capacity to store a vaccine at -70?

I was planning to rent Mothers annexe out but it looks like I might have to put that on hold now!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Local vaccine update on 11:44 - Jan 4 with 2064 viewsgiant_stow

My 81 year old Mum is getting her second on weds too. Apparently, the GP emailed within an hour of the announcement of 1 dose only to confirm.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Local vaccine update on 11:46 - Jan 4 with 2049 viewsKeno

My 97 year old mum, who is in a home in Sussex, hasn't heard anything yet

Mind you she is deaf which probably doesnt help
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 11:46]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Local vaccine update on 11:47 - Jan 4 with 2031 viewsGuthrum

Local vaccine update on 11:39 - Jan 4 by Lord_Lucan

Could it have anything to do with the surgery and their capacity to store a vaccine at -70?

I was planning to rent Mothers annexe out but it looks like I might have to put that on hold now!

Probably that, yes. Apparently it's just reached the nearby town. She's hoping that they aren't going to be expected to travel there, as she has no transport (taxis are extra risky and people are less willing to give lifts in Covid time).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Local vaccine update on 11:51 - Jan 4 with 2019 viewstractorboy1978

Local vaccine update on 11:39 - Jan 4 by Lord_Lucan

I've heard that only two surgeries in Ipswich are currently allowed to administer the vaccine.
Login to get fewer ads

Local vaccine update on 11:55 - Jan 4 with 2000 viewsLord_Lucan

Local vaccine update on 11:51 - Jan 4 by tractorboy1978

I've heard that only two surgeries in Ipswich are currently allowed to administer the vaccine.

She is at 2 Rivers - the new one near the back entrance to the hospital.

Local vaccine update on 12:10 - Jan 4 with 1941 viewsvapour_trail

Mother in Surrey has not had the call for the first one yet.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Local vaccine update on 12:22 - Jan 4 with 1906 viewsusm

My 88 year old dad turned his down because it meant travelling from Frinton to Basildon. Needless to say he didnt tell me until afterwards!

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Local vaccine update on 12:28 - Jan 4 with 1862 viewsKeno

Local vaccine update on 12:22 - Jan 4 by usm

My 88 year old dad turned his down because it meant travelling from Frinton to Basildon. Needless to say he didnt tell me until afterwards!

To be fair I'm not sure I would want to go to Basildon

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Local vaccine update on 12:53 - Jan 4 with 1809 viewsMookamoo

Local vaccine update on 11:51 - Jan 4 by tractorboy1978

This is the Suffolk/Essex rollout service: https://eput.nhs.uk/news-events/coronavirus/coronavirus-vaccine/

I believe the plan is to turn Trinity Park into a hub, plus various local sports centres. Near us, there was talk of Debenham Leisure Centre being converted, but they haven't heard anymore. I suspect they'll be concentrating on the hospitals and care homes for a few weeks yet.

I signed up before Christmas to be Vaccine Steward and haven't heard anything either.
Local vaccine update on 13:06 - Jan 4 with 1760 viewsitfcjoe

My wife's Grandad (86-87ish) has his first one a couple of weeks back, but has missed the cut off for the short booster one so now has to wait 12 weeks, plus potentially has Covid so is having a test today.....

He is based in Clacton though so not local; issue he said was he was at hospital for so long for the jab - between 45 minutes and an hour answering the same questions to different people over and over again. He was one of the first few days so hopefully improved since

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Local vaccine update on 14:13 - Jan 4 with 1590 viewstractorboy1978

Local vaccine update on 13:06 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

My wife's Grandad (86-87ish) has his first one a couple of weeks back, but has missed the cut off for the short booster one so now has to wait 12 weeks, plus potentially has Covid so is having a test today.....

He is based in Clacton though so not local; issue he said was he was at hospital for so long for the jab - between 45 minutes and an hour answering the same questions to different people over and over again. He was one of the first few days so hopefully improved since

My grandad was able to answer those questions over the phone before he turned up. Said it was all relatively straight forward once he got there but you do have to wait 15 mins afterwards to check no instant ill effects of the jab.

Storing the vaccine at the right temperature seems to be one issue but being able to isolate people properly before/after whilst running a normal clinic seems to be another - hence why only two surgeries are providing it in Ipswich at the moment.
Local vaccine update on 14:42 - Jan 4 with 1507 viewsFixed_It

Local vaccine update on 11:27 - Jan 4 by PJH

My mum, who is 95, has heard nothing as yet either-in Woodbridge.

Same for my Mum - Woodbridge - 85.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Local vaccine update on 15:52 - Jan 4 with 1440 viewsPJH

Local vaccine update on 14:42 - Jan 4 by Fixed_It

Same for my Mum - Woodbridge - 85.

We are assuming that Doctor's surgery will get in touch at some point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024