Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Lavery MP 13:32 - Jan 5 with 2320 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ian Lavery MP on 13:36 - Jan 5 with 1601 viewsSpruceMoose

Couldn't finish the clip.

Dumb as a rock.

Do you know where that clip is from and when it was recorded?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ian Lavery MP on 13:45 - Jan 5 with 1547 viewsitfcjoe

Ian Lavery MP on 13:36 - Jan 5 by SpruceMoose

Couldn't finish the clip.

Dumb as a rock.

Do you know where that clip is from and when it was recorded?

I don't sorry, was on Guido website so no doubt someone has leaked it to him.

Lavery was one of the men the Corbynistas wanted to lead the party - I think he should have the whip removed for this

Ian Lavery MP on 13:48 - Jan 5 with 1518 viewsSpruceMoose

Ian Lavery MP on 13:45 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

I don't sorry, was on Guido website so no doubt someone has leaked it to him.

Lavery was one of the men the Corbynistas wanted to lead the party - I think he should have the whip removed for this

Pretty hard for anyone to defend what he's saying there taking it at face value. The only thing I can think to defend it would be discovering that he had suffered a concussion moments before filming that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ian Lavery MP on 13:51 - Jan 5 with 1501 viewsStokieBlue

Ian Lavery MP on 13:48 - Jan 5 by SpruceMoose

Pretty hard for anyone to defend what he's saying there taking it at face value. The only thing I can think to defend it would be discovering that he had suffered a concussion moments before filming that.

It's ill-informed and unscientific bunk.

Puts Starmer in a hard position though. If he withdraws the whip like Joe suggests then he is going to get hammered with accusations of "purging" regardless of the facts and correctness of the decision.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 13:53]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ian Lavery MP on 13:54 - Jan 5 with 1482 viewsDarth_Koont

He clearly says he wants everybody to take the vaccine.

Would be interesting to see what he said without the cuts made here. And the framing is as always unhelpful to establishing the actual context.

But no surprise to see the extreme centre on Twitter pushing this far and wide. 😀

Pronouns: He/Him

Ian Lavery MP on 13:54 - Jan 5 with 1488 viewsGavTWTD

I don't agree with everything he's said, but I have concerns about the vaccine. Doesn't everyone? I will absolutely take the vaccine as soon as I can, but I do fear there's not been as much testing as other drugs.

Not everything is binary.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ian Lavery MP on 13:56 - Jan 5 with 1445 viewsitfcjoe

Ian Lavery MP on 13:51 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

It's ill-informed and unscientific bunk.

Puts Starmer in a hard position though. If he withdraws the whip like Joe suggests then he is going to get hammered with accusations of "purging" regardless of the facts and correctness of the decision.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 13:53]

I thought this was a good piece about it

https://unherd.com/2021/01/can-labour-be-saved-from-the-hard-left/

Preceding that, Starmer must comprehensively trounce the Left or he must bring them onside. He must make that decision one way or another. And he must do all of this while holding the Government to account during most significant national crisis since the Second World War. The more successful Starmer is in the polls, the more wriggle room he will have. If he starts talking about nation, community and belonging – while offering a radical economic prospectus – the soft Left will go with him if they believe he can beat Boris. That will leave the ‘never Starmers’ isolated; it’s easy to imagine a rump of his left-wing opponents noisily forming a doomed break-away project resembling Ken Loach’s Left Unity project of the Miliband years.

Ian Lavery MP on 13:58 - Jan 5 with 1417 viewsitfcjoe

Ian Lavery MP on 13:54 - Jan 5 by Darth_Koont

Would be interesting to see what he said without the cuts made here. And the framing is as always unhelpful to establishing the actual context.

But no surprise to see the extreme centre on Twitter pushing this far and wide. 😀

"Why would anyone have any confidence in the vaccines"

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Lavery MP on 13:59 - Jan 5 with 1402 viewsDarth_Koont

Ian Lavery MP on 13:56 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

Preceding that, Starmer must comprehensively trounce the Left or he must bring them onside. He must make that decision one way or another. And he must do all of this while holding the Government to account during most significant national crisis since the Second World War. The more successful Starmer is in the polls, the more wriggle room he will have. If he starts talking about nation, community and belonging – while offering a radical economic prospectus – the soft Left will go with him if they believe he can beat Boris. That will leave the ‘never Starmers’ isolated; it’s easy to imagine a rump of his left-wing opponents noisily forming a doomed break-away project resembling Ken Loach’s Left Unity project of the Miliband years.

Yeah, the problem in the UK has been the left that haven’t been in power since the 70s ...

Utter lunacy.

Ian Lavery MP on 13:59 - Jan 5 with 1401 viewsgiant_stow

He does say that, in amongst far more talk about a lack of confidence in it. Cake and eat it messaging.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ian Lavery MP on 14:01 - Jan 5 with 1395 viewsStokieBlue

Ian Lavery MP on 13:54 - Jan 5 by GavTWTD

I don't agree with everything he's said, but I have concerns about the vaccine. Doesn't everyone? I will absolutely take the vaccine as soon as I can, but I do fear there's not been as much testing as other drugs.

I don't have any concerns.

The size of stage 3 trials for these vaccines has actually been far larger than the size of most phase 3 trials.

What this has actually highlighted is the standard process is very slow indeed and can (and will be going forward) sped up quite significantly when required.

SB

Ian Lavery MP on 14:02 - Jan 5 with 1379 viewsLankHenners

Ian Lavery MP on 13:56 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

I think it's been pretty clear so far that Starmer's very happy to shun the left of the party so he'll probably be overjoyed that he's got a reason to get rid of another.

Nice to see Bloodworth's still fighting a battle he's already won.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ian Lavery MP on 14:03 - Jan 5 with 1365 viewsStokieBlue

He does say that.

But he hugely caveats by mispresenting the way the trials have been done with a false equivalence to previous trials and he also says "why would anyone trust a vaccine".

As you say, it would be interesting to get the full clip although I don't see how either of the above can easily be taken out of context.

SB

Ian Lavery MP on 14:05 - Jan 5 with 1355 viewsBlueBadger

Ian Lavery MP on 13:54 - Jan 5 by GavTWTD

Testing has been incredibly quick because there's been multiple sites working at it, with an unprecedented amount of funding chucked at it meaning that various stages of testing can be effectively run concurrently. The moment, the most common side effect is a sore arm and feeling a bit tired afterwards. Presently, we know of two people in the Uk who's had an anaphylactic reaction. This didn't occur in testing(roughly 40,000 people). In cold hard numbers, your risk of death and/or serious side effects from covid is one in ten. It's presently over 1 in 20,000 in the vaccines.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ian Lavery MP on 14:06 - Jan 5 with 1335 viewsDarth_Koont

Ian Lavery MP on 13:58 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

"Why would anyone have any confidence in the vaccines"

I don’t agree with him there but that’s more out of knowing it’s the only practical way forward.

Gav is right re: nuance though and legitimate concerns even if those need to be overridden for the greater good. Which is a point that I think Lavery is ultimately making.

You surely must realise that the way it’s clipped and then framed as “misinformation” and anti-vaxx doesn’t exactly help here.

Ian Lavery MP on 14:09 - Jan 5 with 1303 viewsGavTWTD

Ian Lavery MP on 14:03 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

He does say that.

But he hugely caveats by mispresenting the way the trials have been done with a false equivalence to previous trials and he also says "why would anyone trust a vaccine".

As you say, it would be interesting to get the full clip although I don't see how either of the above can easily be taken out of context.

SB

He doesn't say "Why would anyone trust a vaccine.".

I really don't like the editing on that. Anyway, I'm bowing out because I'm not getting involved in politics on here!

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

Ian Lavery MP on 14:11 - Jan 5 with 1278 viewsitfcjoe

Ian Lavery MP on 14:06 - Jan 5 by Darth_Koont

I don’t agree with him there but that’s more out of knowing it’s the only practical way forward.

Gav is right re: nuance though and legitimate concerns even if those need to be overridden for the greater good. Which is a point that I think Lavery is ultimately making.

You surely must realise that the way it’s clipped and then framed as “misinformation” and anti-vaxx doesn’t exactly help here.

No it doesn't help, but these are the exact points that Starmer has come out and said need to be stopped, and that the Govt are trying not to hear.

It's the 'Random Town Remembers' Facebook page full of racism, conspiracy, Brexit propoganda and lies points of it has been rushed through and hasn't been checked properly etc that permeates with the gullible who believe everything on there.

My cleaner is one of those who reads everything from there, "my friends daughter is a nurse and she has said she won't take one on Facebook, and I've read some bits about them being dangerous as testing not done, bla, bla, bla"

An MP should not be saying it, full stop, whatever the context

Ian Lavery MP on 14:12 - Jan 5 with 1275 viewsStokieBlue

Ian Lavery MP on 14:09 - Jan 5 by GavTWTD

He doesn't say "Why would anyone trust a vaccine.".

I really don't like the editing on that. Anyway, I'm bowing out because I'm not getting involved in politics on here!

My mistake, he says:

"Why would anyone have any confidence in a vaccine".

I feel it's essentially the same message though.

I do agree the editing on the video isn't good - as DK said, it would be good to see the full unedited clip.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 14:13]

Ian Lavery MP on 14:13 - Jan 5 with 1249 viewsDarth_Koont

Ian Lavery MP on 14:03 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

He does say that.

SB

Indeed. But I’d be surprised if the full transcript (and without the “anti-vaxx misinformation” framing) doesn’t at least lower the outraged impact.

He could, for example, have been linking people’s perceptions of the vaccine to the government’s already sketchy science and botched measures like Test and Trace.

It’s why accuracy and transparency are always important.

Ian Lavery MP on 14:19 - Jan 5 with 1214 viewsGavTWTD

Ian Lavery MP on 14:12 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

My mistake, he says:

"Why would anyone have any confidence in a vaccine".

I feel it's essentially the same message though.

I do agree the editing on the video isn't good - as DK said, it would be good to see the full unedited clip.

SB
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 14:13]

He doesn't say that either. When you say "a vaccine" you're suggesting he's against ALL vaccines when actually he says "the vaccine" and that it's really important for everyone to get vaccinated. He clearly has an issue with the testing on THIS vaccine.

As Joe says i'm not sure it's right for an MP to give the anti-vaxers any more fuel, but I don't feel he is an anti-vaxer.

Ian Lavery MP on 14:22 - Jan 5 with 1192 viewsDarth_Koont

Ian Lavery MP on 14:11 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

No it doesn't help, but these are the exact points that Starmer has come out and said need to be stopped, and that the Govt are trying not to hear.

It's the 'Random Town Remembers' Facebook page full of racism, conspiracy, Brexit propoganda and lies points of it has been rushed through and hasn't been checked properly etc that permeates with the gullible who believe everything on there.

My cleaner is one of those who reads everything from there, "my friends daughter is a nurse and she has said she won't take one on Facebook, and I've read some bits about them being dangerous as testing not done, bla, bla, bla"

An MP should not be saying it, full stop, whatever the context

Well, I guess will be more able to know any of that when we see a transcript or the unedited clip.

I’ll see if I can find it.

Ian Lavery MP on 14:29 - Jan 5 with 1167 viewsitfcjoe

Ian Lavery MP on 14:22 - Jan 5 by Darth_Koont

Well, I guess will be more able to know any of that when we see a transcript or the unedited clip.

I had a look, and looks like it is something just leaked to Guido so doubt one will be out there unless Lavery thinks it can clear him and he releases it

Ian Lavery MP on 14:29 - Jan 5 with 1162 viewstractordownsouth

It's Guido so would need to take the editing with a pinch of salt and it's good he said he wants people to take it but stating he has concerns over the vaccine is deeply irresponsibile.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Ian Lavery MP on 14:31 - Jan 5 with 1152 viewsDanTheMan

Ian Lavery MP on 14:22 - Jan 5 by Darth_Koont

Think I've found the video, although not where the clip is.

https://fb.watch/2Qcon6H2tg/

EDIT: Not found the first part about trusting the vaccine but second slip is just over 4 minutes in.

EDIT 2: The first part is afterwards, around 5 minutes. There isn't too much additional context but his justification is based around what he perceives as the changes they made to do with the dosages and the spacing between them.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 14:45]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ian Lavery MP on 14:31 - Jan 5 with 1148 viewshomer_123

You can view the whole piece here:

https://www.facebook.com/IanLaveryMP/

3rd Jan - the video is on his FB page in full....from about 4 mins in.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024