Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown blues 21:42 - Jan 9 with 1421 viewsSwailsey

Has anyone else been battling these even more so this time around?

I’ve really found it hard for the last few weeks. I managed most of last year ok (and I’m certainly very lucky with my employment and living situation, so I should probably be more thankful), but I feel totally devoid of enthusiasm for anything in my personal life at the moment.

Last year I was exercising a lot and shifted 2 stones, broke a few of the food dependent habits I had and generally felt more useful and able.

Now it’s a struggle to get up and function if it isn’t for work (I love my job) and the things which usually gave me joy - gaming, exercising, making plans etc seem really unattainable.

The winter is always hard for me anyway, but this feels especially flat. I also know there’s a pandemic and people with much bigger issues than I, so sorry if this seems insensitive.

Would appreciate any tips.

Thanks.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 21:47]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lockdown blues on 21:46 - Jan 9 with 1407 viewsNewcyBlue

Wake up earlier. Start your day with something.

On the next ocean crossing I have roped in the 2nd Officer to start his day off with me doing 100 burpees. Every single day of the crossing.

It is enough of a challenge to change me (and him) by increasing my work capacity.

Find something to start your day with, challenge yourself. Whether it’s a word search, learning something new, a fitness challenge.

You know where I am if you want to chat.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Lockdown blues on 22:06 - Jan 9 with 1342 viewsjeera

Lockdown blues on 21:46 - Jan 9 by NewcyBlue

Wake up earlier. Start your day with something.

On the next ocean crossing I have roped in the 2nd Officer to start his day off with me doing 100 burpees. Every single day of the crossing.

It is enough of a challenge to change me (and him) by increasing my work capacity.

Find something to start your day with, challenge yourself. Whether it’s a word search, learning something new, a fitness challenge.

You know where I am if you want to chat.

100 is a lot.

Are you going to drink a large bottle of coke each first?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lockdown blues on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 1333 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. Been pretty positive throughout most of this pandemic but it's getting to me now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lockdown blues on 22:34 - Jan 9 with 1270 viewsstiff_talking

Lockdown blues on 22:11 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

Agree. Been pretty positive throughout most of this pandemic but it's getting to me now.

Working harder than ever just to remain focused and avoid risk
The days go faster but are repetitive.

Missing out on doing the things I enjoy but it’s not practical to do anything. How can you wear a mask and drink a pint !

Luckily, catching up on many great TV series that I missed first time around !
Saw Mad Men entire series in 3 weeks!
Lockdown blues on 22:36 - Jan 9 with 1261 viewsBlueAlex

If it's any consolation then you're far from the only one feeling like you do. I've never had more people requesting support (I'm a psychologist and do some private work). Forums like this are a good way to get some validation and advice.

There's a fine line between normal lockdown blues and something more. You describe loss of enjoyment in previously enjoyable activities and struggling to get up and function. Only you know the extent of those but my advice is that they're things to keep a check on, as are appetite and sleep quality.

Otherwise it's just about connections, routine, and maybe structuring in some exercise if you can manage. It might not always seem it but things will get better.
Lockdown blues on 22:43 - Jan 9 with 1232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Went to Hen Reid bed today and walked down the estuary towards Southwold with Miss Slave and as the sun set we watched a distant starling murmuration over Dingle Marsh ....getting out into nature, preferably with hardly anyone else around, is always the best tonic for me.....and yes it is harder this time around.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 22:47]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Lockdown blues on 22:43 - Jan 9 with 1231 viewspistonbroke

Been working as normal Monday to Friday through the pandemic , even some Saturdays , miss going out Friday and Saturday nights but hey it could be worse , there are people losing loved ones out there , time to put things in perspective really
Lockdown blues on 23:09 - Jan 9 with 1163 viewsreusersfreekicks

Just hold in there til we get vaccinated and regain some of our freedoms. Having the pandemic harsher second time around and in the darkness of winter is very hard to deal with imo. Stay safe
Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown blues on 23:16 - Jan 9 with 1149 viewsChurchman

You are not alone. I had a lot of work going on with my horrid little house in the first lockdown and lockdown itself felt a bit novel. I seemed too busy to worry about it too much.

This time it’s a lot harder. While I’m out walking 2 or 3 times a week with my buddy and finding things to do, the time weighs and I miss all the things I’d normally be doing more than I did first time. Texts emails, WhatsApp, zoom etc are great but no substitute. I think the feeling that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better doesn’t help.

However, the time will pass, things will improve at some point and the focus has to be on people who don’t have C19 staying safe and being patient and disciplined. Each and every one of them. We owe it not least to those posters on TWTD and their colleagues who are in the front line dealing with this. Thank you and thoughts for them.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 23:17]
Lockdown blues on 00:16 - Jan 10 with 1070 viewsBlueBadger

Weirdly, it's been easier for me this time round - I've kind of got my coping strategies worked out and manged to ditch some of the more unhealthy ones, I've not(yet) been pulled back into working in ITU and I've managed to work out a sensible working pattern.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lockdown blues on 10:13 - Jan 10 with 858 views26_Paz

Agree, so much harder this time. Last time I was running most nights after a day working at home ... that’s so much more difficult when it’s pitch black and freezing ... that’s a big part of it for me.
I’m also struggling with enthusiasm for anything ... at times I can’t even be bothered to argue with Spruce!
I’m trying to focus on the positives. Think of something I will do when all of this is over and keep that in mind. Really, really tough this time though.

The Paz Man

Lockdown blues on 10:19 - Jan 10 with 841 viewsKeno

you aint alone sunbeam

this one is a struggle and I second a lot of what others have said about finding things to do and keeping busy.

you are always welcome to PM for a chat

And least we forget there os one thing that would make all Town fans much happier in these strained times ..... come on Marcus you know its the right thing to do

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lockdown blues on 20:09 - Jan 11 with 723 viewsSwailsey

Sorry for the lack of replies to this.

Thank you everyone for your words and tips.

Hope you’re all ok.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024