Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts from yesterday 19:05 - Jan 10 with 1123 viewsRobTheMonk

Same old, same old but now against so-called lesser teams. I think the only player to get any credit out of that game would be Norwood who actually showed some desire to run at the Swindon defence.

Goalkeeper - Beaten 3 times, but not sure he was at fault for any. Communication with the back line looks visibly iffy at times.

Defence - We always look like we'll concede, but I'm more concerned about the fullbacks than the 2 CB's.

Midfield - Awful. Really awful. Dozzell was fine up until about 70 minutes when he started passing like my arsehole. Huws plods along like the lovechild of Johnathan Douglas and a chest of drawers. And bless Judge, he doesn't stop running, but some of his passing is Sunday League standard. Simple passes which are about a yard out which means the player has to go backwards. At least Downes got stuck in when he came on.

Up top - Dobra was alright but faded. Should have tried out Caddis much more. Jackson was rubbish and Drinan was so isolated that he probably thought he was the last an on earth. Norwood was a refreshing change of pace when he came on.

We look disjointed. As much as a Lambert problem this is, there's definite blame attached to the players for yesterday too.
Thoughts from yesterday on 19:10 - Jan 10 with 1085 viewsChrisd

Going to stick my head above the parapet, thought Judge had a decent game yesterday.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Thoughts from yesterday on 19:13 - Jan 10 with 1069 viewsRobTheMonk

Thoughts from yesterday on 19:10 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

Going to stick my head above the parapet, thought Judge had a decent game yesterday.

His work rate his phenomonal. But he messes up simple things so often.
Thoughts from yesterday on 20:16 - Jan 10 with 995 viewsChrisd

Thoughts from yesterday on 19:13 - Jan 10 by RobTheMonk

His work rate his phenomonal. But he messes up simple things so often.

Even when he’s having a poor game he still shows for the ball, doesn’t hide and works hard. He still drives me mad because I expect more from him and I often feel underwhelmed, but for all the stick he normally gets most weeks, I think it’s fair to acknowledge when he’s had a decent game too.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 20:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Thoughts from yesterday on 21:02 - Jan 10 with 956 viewsPilgrimblue

Thoughts from yesterday on 20:16 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

Even when he’s having a poor game he still shows for the ball, doesn’t hide and works hard. He still drives me mad because I expect more from him and I often feel underwhelmed, but for all the stick he normally gets most weeks, I think it’s fair to acknowledge when he’s had a decent game too.

Yes I thought he had a decent game but he tries to be everywhere and of course he can't so makes mistakes. He probably should have scored two which is more than the rest apart from Norwood.
For me the rest of midfield play without any confidence, passing to no real purpose (sideways or back). Another frustrating season!
Thoughts from yesterday on 21:06 - Jan 10 with 941 viewsFoD_Blue

My Swindon supporting work colleague thought that Judge was our best player!
Thoughts from yesterday on 23:10 - Jan 10 with 832 viewsBlueBadger

Thoughts from yesterday on 21:06 - Jan 10 by FoD_Blue

My Swindon supporting work colleague thought that Judge was our best player!

Which gives you some idea of how bad the rest were.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Thoughts from yesterday on 23:27 - Jan 10 with 799 viewsDarth_Koont

Thoughts from yesterday on 20:16 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

Agreed. I admire him as an individual and for his attitude, and it’s just frustrating that things never quite come off for him or the team.

The times he has looked good for the team are the couple of times he played much deeper, almost alongside Dozzell and put a bit of tempo into our play. Further forward where you’ve got to be strong, fast or have great touch/vision he’s not looked so good. But using his strengths as an engine and to keep us ticking over I actually think he could be pretty good for us.

Pronouns: He/Him

Thoughts from yesterday on 23:33 - Jan 10 with 779 viewscressi

Thoughts from yesterday on 23:27 - Jan 10 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. I admire him as an individual and for his attitude, and it’s just frustrating that things never quite come off for him or the team.

The times he has looked good for the team are the couple of times he played much deeper, almost alongside Dozzell and put a bit of tempo into our play. Further forward where you’ve got to be strong, fast or have great touch/vision he’s not looked so good. But using his strengths as an engine and to keep us ticking over I actually think he could be pretty good for us.

I thought Judge was one of the better players along with Norwood when he came on let's be honest Jackson should play with Norwood never a wide player and Huws bless him never get promoted with him to many injuries
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts from yesterday on 06:48 - Jan 11 with 676 viewsLesta_Tractor

Judge was the only Town player moving off the ball in the first half!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Thoughts from yesterday on 06:53 - Jan 11 with 672 viewsMrTown

I’m starting to have concerns that Paul Lambert is not the man to take us forward...

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Thoughts from yesterday on 07:06 - Jan 11 with 654 viewsgordon

I normally say he's awful, but yesterday he was decent, agreed. He's got to play centrally, it's absurd playing him on the wing when he can't run and doesn't stick to his position.
Thoughts from yesterday on 07:42 - Jan 11 with 612 viewsMrTown

He did, broke beyond the lines well.

Needs to do it week in week out though

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Thoughts from yesterday on 08:00 - Jan 11 with 585 viewsjayessess

GK - I didn't think much of his keeping for the 3rd, to be honest. You've got to set yourself for the possibility the striker doesn't get a touch.

Defence - Full backs not great and between our centre halves and centre midfield we aren't making it difficult enough to pick someone out when the opposition get in behind. We seem to concede a shot every time the opposition get in a good crossing position.

Midfield - Dozzell's passing was fine up to the last 20, but Huws, as you say, looked physically way off it. One game in four he seems to play with a bit more energy and you hope he's turned the corner, but then he goes straight back to his worst, which is way below McGavin's standard. Judge was the pick of the midfielders - made a lot of good runs. Downes, I dunno what we were asking him to do really. We don't press high as a group, so why is Dozzell screening the back four (badly) whilst Downes is up the pitch?

Attack - Dobra faded 20 minutes before he was substituted, another fantastic bit of tactical genius. He also looks much better when he dips inside. Jackson was indeed pretty rubbish, although the cross for the equaliser was good. I saw his touch map and he was hugging the touchline all game for some reason? Drinan was isolated, but... also looked like a competition winner when the ball did come his way. Norwood was a huge upgrade.

People always say this about the "players being to blame", but I always wonder what the purpose of pointing that out is? It doesn't absolve the manager, because they're his players. He acquired/retained them, he coached them, he set them up like this.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024