Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next few months 17:24 - Jan 13 with 2428 viewsJ2BLUE

January - Covid/"We need some help"
February - Time to gel
March - We still believe
April - Season over. STs launched with the only marketing option left: 'The Young Ones' (or similar) promising our competitive advantage is now the academy
May - Lambert sacked and ST deadline extended

How fans react at this point is crucial. If fans get bought off with a new manager and some renewed optimism then the cycle will just continue. Evans is the problem. Our decline has been virtually constant since he gambled with our club for a quick profit. His delusional 'strategies' clearly don't work and we can all see it while he continues to pretend otherwise.

How many people are willing to stop putting money into the club and make a stand? This isn't said with any glee so super fans can stand down. No one wants to harm the club in any way but we did nothing as we slid down the Championship. We have to do something now or we'll be seeing threads like this when we're in league two.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The next few months on 17:27 - Jan 13 with 2410 viewsSpruceMoose

Considering how all talk of boycotting the watching of games has quietly faded since the Covid enforced break, I imagine there will be plenty of people willing to renew and buy into the 'we go again' guff.

To be fair though, it's a tough time to give up on something you love with everything else going on in the world right now. Not all can hold a grudge like me!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The next few months on 17:30 - Jan 13 with 2396 viewsJ2BLUE

The next few months on 17:27 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

Considering how all talk of boycotting the watching of games has quietly faded since the Covid enforced break, I imagine there will be plenty of people willing to renew and buy into the 'we go again' guff.

To be fair though, it's a tough time to give up on something you love with everything else going on in the world right now. Not all can hold a grudge like me!

Agree.

People like Troy and anyone else who wants to continue doing what they do should do so and not receive any criticism for it (I know you'll agree and not saying you've suggested otherwise). It's an individual thing, but we do need a large chunk to buy in.

Truly impaired.

The next few months on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 2373 viewsSpruceMoose

The next few months on 17:30 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

Agree.

People like Troy and anyone else who wants to continue doing what they do should do so and not receive any criticism for it (I know you'll agree and not saying you've suggested otherwise). It's an individual thing, but we do need a large chunk to buy in.

When a person, party or organisation works out that no matter what they do, no matter how badly they treat you, that they will still have your support, you're in trouble. Those that can resist, should do,

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The next few months on 17:37 - Jan 13 with 2349 viewsJ2BLUE

The next few months on 17:34 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

When a person, party or organisation works out that no matter what they do, no matter how badly they treat you, that they will still have your support, you're in trouble. Those that can resist, should do,

Agree.

Truly impaired.

The next few months on 17:40 - Jan 13 with 2331 viewsSpruceMoose

The next few months on 17:37 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

Agree.

Where's my upvote then!?

The next few months on 17:41 - Jan 13 with 2329 viewsSarge

The next few months on 17:27 - Jan 13 by SpruceMoose

I don’t know, the Swindon game may well have reminded people what they’re boycotting. Certainly did me.
The next few months on 17:45 - Jan 13 with 2307 viewsjayessess

I already cancelled my ST direct debit, largely over how the club conducted itself early December, but I've got to ask what you're hoping for out of this boycott?

To be an effective form of protest a boycott requires specific demands that can be met to end the boycott. I don't know exactly how you could formulate those around our current predicament, especially when lots of supporters want different things.

Lambert Out? Well there's a fair consensus on that one.
Evans Out? Well, that's more complicated. We can try and force him to sell up, but we can't force anyone to buy the club and couldn't control who came forward. I think lots of people would be hesitant about demanding that Evans "sell to absolutely anyone on any terms".
Evans do better? Can't see how you would be able to judge whether he was fulfilling that one or not, particularly with the salary cap in place.

"Be less rubbish" isn't a coherent demand for a protest boycott to make.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The next few months on 17:49 - Jan 13 with 2292 viewsJ2BLUE

The next few months on 17:45 - Jan 13 by jayessess

I already cancelled my ST direct debit, largely over how the club conducted itself early December, but I've got to ask what you're hoping for out of this boycott?

To be an effective form of protest a boycott requires specific demands that can be met to end the boycott. I don't know exactly how you could formulate those around our current predicament, especially when lots of supporters want different things.

Lambert Out? Well there's a fair consensus on that one.
Evans Out? Well, that's more complicated. We can try and force him to sell up, but we can't force anyone to buy the club and couldn't control who came forward. I think lots of people would be hesitant about demanding that Evans "sell to absolutely anyone on any terms".
Evans do better? Can't see how you would be able to judge whether he was fulfilling that one or not, particularly with the salary cap in place.

"Be less rubbish" isn't a coherent demand for a protest boycott to make.

Not for me to speak for the fan base but i'd like Evans to sell up and leave. That is obviously unlikely so my 'demands' are for some sort of realistic plan to progress. Right now we are drifting aimlessly. I'm not asking for mega investment. Just a clear plan we actually stick to with a competent manager. If they want to build a team around the youngsters then great, lets have a ten year plan to get to the Premier League with clear aims and objectives.

We can't keep aimlessly drifting along with false promises every time they need to sell STs.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

The next few months on 17:58 - Jan 13 with 2259 viewsFixed_It

I am a superfan and I disagree. Where should I stand?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The next few months on 18:07 - Jan 13 with 2215 viewsjayessess

The next few months on 17:49 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

Not for me to speak for the fan base but i'd like Evans to sell up and leave. That is obviously unlikely so my 'demands' are for some sort of realistic plan to progress. Right now we are drifting aimlessly. I'm not asking for mega investment. Just a clear plan we actually stick to with a competent manager. If they want to build a team around the youngsters then great, lets have a ten year plan to get to the Premier League with clear aims and objectives.

We can't keep aimlessly drifting along with false promises every time they need to sell STs.

Right, but I'm not sure how you formulate a protest boycott around that. What is the end point where we agree to end the boycott?

The next few months on 18:10 - Jan 13 with 2201 viewsFixed_It

The next few months on 18:07 - Jan 13 by jayessess

Right, but I'm not sure how you formulate a protest boycott around that. What is the end point where we agree to end the boycott?

A 10 year plan to replace a 5 year one? Hmmm...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The next few months on 18:11 - Jan 13 with 2199 viewsGarv

Deep down I think you know that a 10 year plan (or any vague plan of any length) ultimately won't fly and when we hit a sticky patch we will all want change again.

Obvious the best case scenario is we see Evans sell up to someone who will run the club well and ambitiously, but as you say that's unlikely right now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The next few months on 18:15 - Jan 13 with 2179 viewsjayessess

The next few months on 18:11 - Jan 13 by Garv

Deep down I think you know that a 10 year plan (or any vague plan of any length) ultimately won't fly and when we hit a sticky patch we will all want change again.

Obvious the best case scenario is we see Evans sell up to someone who will run the club well and ambitiously, but as you say that's unlikely right now.

Quite. There's often a lot of big talk about underlying problems and long-term fixes, but in reality football is a very short term game and what the club needs is to hire people who can solve the immediate issues and the deeper stuff at the same time.

The next few months on 19:08 - Jan 13 with 2102 viewslongtimefan

So what ball park is “not mega investment” and where do you expect it to be spent, given the constraints of the salary cap?
The next few months on 19:11 - Jan 13 with 2092 viewsjeera

The next few months on 17:58 - Jan 13 by Fixed_It

I am a superfan and I disagree. Where should I stand?

At the back.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The next few months on 20:09 - Jan 13 with 2041 viewsJ2BLUE

The next few months on 18:11 - Jan 13 by Garv

I disagree. You say we will demand change but that's because we've seen no clear direction since Evans came in and no long term plan. Someone else mentioned the 5 year plan but that's just stupid because we literally didn't follow it at all. It was lip service. I'm talking a clear plan with achievable goals and clear aims. A plan with SMART goals that we can actually measure rather than vague outlines.

Truly impaired.

The next few months on 22:11 - Jan 13 with 1925 viewsGarv

The next few months on 20:09 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

I disagree. You say we will demand change but that's because we've seen no clear direction since Evans came in and no long term plan. Someone else mentioned the 5 year plan but that's just stupid because we literally didn't follow it at all. It was lip service. I'm talking a clear plan with achievable goals and clear aims. A plan with SMART goals that we can actually measure rather than vague outlines.

How do you know those plans aren't already in place?

Plenty of academy players in the first team currently, with a clear philosophy of a more attractive style of play*. Two things that have been demanded for a long time.

*You don't have to tell me that this isn't getting consistent results right now.

The next few months on 22:15 - Jan 13 with 1912 viewsJ2BLUE

The next few months on 22:11 - Jan 13 by Garv

How do you know those plans aren't already in place?

Plenty of academy players in the first team currently, with a clear philosophy of a more attractive style of play*. Two things that have been demanded for a long time.

*You don't have to tell me that this isn't getting consistent results right now.

Sorry I must have missed the more attractive style of play unless knocking it around our own final third is somehow considered progress?

Truly impaired.

The next few months on 22:27 - Jan 13 with 1875 viewsstonojnr

The next few months on 22:15 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

Sorry I must have missed the more attractive style of play unless knocking it around our own final third is somehow considered progress?

tbf there was a period where they couldnt string more than 2 passes together, and the latter part of the McCarthy era involved games where the opposition team regularly had 75% possession of the ball during a match.

so weve at least taught them how to pass the ball properly, if we could now turn to putting the round ball like object in between the posts and the net thing at one end of the pitch, whilst stopping the other team doing the same thing, more often, we'd be on to a winning formula.
The next few months on 22:38 - Jan 13 with 1856 viewsGarv

The next few months on 22:15 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

It's a more technical, modern, 'attractive' style. That can't really be denied whether or not it's getting results right now. Attractiveness is obviously down to opinion though, some (lots even) would be happy to see a reincarnation of Stoke City under Pulis if it led to success. Dozzell, as an example, has started to show his quality this season and he's been particularly enjoyable to watch, even on Saturday. He'd be pointless in a team that didn't want to pass the ball.

The philosophy is obviously there, and personally I'm happy we're looking to pass the ball more. It goes without saying that ultimately though it needs to result in points and success.

The next few months on 22:43 - Jan 13 with 1838 viewsjeera

The next few months on 22:38 - Jan 13 by Garv

It's a more technical, modern, 'attractive' style. That can't really be denied whether or not it's getting results right now. Attractiveness is obviously down to opinion though, some (lots even) would be happy to see a reincarnation of Stoke City under Pulis if it led to success. Dozzell, as an example, has started to show his quality this season and he's been particularly enjoyable to watch, even on Saturday. He'd be pointless in a team that didn't want to pass the ball.

The philosophy is obviously there, and personally I'm happy we're looking to pass the ball more. It goes without saying that ultimately though it needs to result in points and success.

"The philosophy is obviously there, and personally I'm happy we're looking to pass the ball more."

Holy crap.

Have you been trolling us all these years?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The next few months on 22:48 - Jan 13 with 1828 viewsJ2BLUE

The next few months on 22:38 - Jan 13 by Garv

I respect your view. I really don't get it but I respect it. If there's one thing this thread has taught me it's that we won't be making a stand any time soon.

I hope you're right. I can't see it though. Possession is meaningless.

Truly impaired.

The next few months on 07:25 - Jan 14 with 1675 viewstextbackup

I personally see myself as a "ill go whatever" type of guy, however, the last 2/3 years have sucked the life from me, to the point where I honestly don't feel anything towards the club or players, other than sadness.

Our owner, simply, is an utter car crash. everything we have become is his fault. we've had no luck - but in this world you make your own luck by well thought out plans and putting them into place. Evans is a disgrace and this falls at his feet.

Lambert is a clueless fcking drip - sapped of personality - just a dried up pr1ck with nothing about him. his right hand man, taylor, is a carbon copy.

the players are broken. most of them struggle to stay fit. this comes down to who the owner can afford to bring in for us, broken cheaps that nobody else wants.

will take a hell of a change at this club for me to consider going again. a manager will be a big start..... but I have zero confidence in ME bringing anyone in that has a hope of succeeding here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024