Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post-Brexit diplomacy 08:11 - Jan 21 with 1593 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55742664

Excellent stuff. I like that we're not going half hearted at turning the UK into a banana republic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 09:26 - Jan 21 with 454 viewsSwansea_Blue

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 09:21 - Jan 21 by Churchman

I agree, it’s needlessly petty. Sadly, both sides are being needlessly petty. The EU are making cross channel trade as difficult as possible for political reasons (unnecessarily in my view) and the U.K. is being awkward with this and no doubt other things too.

As I’ve said before, countries and blocks are about people and jobs. Making life difficult ultimately harms them, who when it comes down to it aren’t interested in silly people posturing in front of huge flags.

"who when it comes down to it aren’t interested in silly people posturing in front of huge flags"

I beg to differ, otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 09:40 - Jan 21 with 425 viewsChurchman

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 09:26 - Jan 21 by Swansea_Blue

"who when it comes down to it aren’t interested in silly people posturing in front of huge flags"

I beg to differ, otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation.

Putting ticks in a box after people have lied through a tv screen or enjoying beating Germany at football inset the same as figuratively putting bread on the table here, Europe or anywhere else.

Does anybody think the staff of M&S in Paris or Eurostar, hauliers or port workers in Calais will be happy if their businesses and jobs go because ‘we stuck it to the Brits’ or visa versa? My experience is that people put their businesses and jobs first here and in the EU.
Post-Brexit diplomacy on 09:50 - Jan 21 with 399 viewseireblue

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 08:54 - Jan 21 by 26_Paz

Moron, nice - I wonder where that sits on the abuse scale

Okay brains, explain why this is a benefit to the bloc of nations known as the U.K.

Show all your working.

Dazzle us with your intellect.
Post-Brexit diplomacy on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 364 viewsBlueBadger

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 08:54 - Jan 21 by 26_Paz

Moron, nice - I wonder where that sits on the abuse scale

Let's have a vote better or worse than 'bum boy' or ''picaninny''?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 10:40 - Jan 21 with 360 viewsBlueBadger

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 09:21 - Jan 21 by Churchman

I agree, it’s needlessly petty. Sadly, both sides are being needlessly petty. The EU are making cross channel trade as difficult as possible for political reasons (unnecessarily in my view) and the U.K. is being awkward with this and no doubt other things too.

As I’ve said before, countries and blocks are about people and jobs. Making life difficult ultimately harms them, who when it comes down to it aren’t interested in silly people posturing in front of huge flags.

How are the EU making things 'difficult for political reasons'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 10:43 - Jan 21 with 347 viewsitfcjoe

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 10:40 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

How are the EU making things 'difficult for political reasons'?

In the same way our Govt are trying to stick it to them, there are elements who are able to win favour doing the same back to us *cough* Macron *cough*.

It plays to a proportion of French voters to make this as tough as possible for the Brits and they like to see it happening

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 12:45 - Jan 21 with 301 viewsEireannach_gorm

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 10:43 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

In the same way our Govt are trying to stick it to them, there are elements who are able to win favour doing the same back to us *cough* Macron *cough*.

It plays to a proportion of French voters to make this as tough as possible for the Brits and they like to see it happening

That would be one country out of 27. For all the talk of " Our European friends" it seems a pretty unfriendly and unnecessary action.
Post-Brexit diplomacy on 13:36 - Jan 21 with 280 viewsitfcjoe

Post-Brexit diplomacy on 12:45 - Jan 21 by Eireannach_gorm

That would be one country out of 27. For all the talk of " Our European friends" it seems a pretty unfriendly and unnecessary action.

France are one of the big 2 now, Macron and Merkel are the 2 big figures there......and whilst we have people that get pandered to even though their views are often pretty horrid, so do the French and Macron has an election next year

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024