Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watson & Co 00:01 - Jan 24 with 2899 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

They’ve been very quiet this evening... something brewing?
Watson & Co on 00:33 - Jan 24 with 2782 viewsstiff_talking

Probably hit another dear on the way home and trying to come up with how they are going to explain it?
Watson & Co on 02:15 - Jan 24 with 2666 viewscatch74

Watson & Co on 00:33 - Jan 24 by stiff_talking

Probably hit another dear on the way home and trying to come up with how they are going to explain it?

If they’re making a habit of hitting old dears they’ll need a very strong alibi.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Watson & Co on 08:11 - Jan 24 with 2370 viewsChrisd

Surely the ‘right time’ which they keep referring to is now? Unable to beat any of the current top 6, attacking stats invariably reflecting a side that’s in the bottom 3, on the back of two dreadful seasons while the club has been on a steady decline for a number of years under ME’s ownership. If the straw hasn’t broken the camel’s back now, then god knows when that point will be reached?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Watson & Co on 08:21 - Jan 24 with 2304 viewsGodBlue

I did wonder that too... Mark Heath’s bit the other day certainly seemed to imply that they’re not far from slipping off the fence.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/sink-or-swim-for-lambet-at-ipswich-tow

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Watson & Co on 08:44 - Jan 24 with 2191 viewsshamboy

They they REPORTERS. Their job is to observe and report. They are not campaigning journalists, not that there is such a thing as a campaigning journalist focusing on a local football club.

The local press have sailed close to the wind in the past. The names of Royle and Magilton should be tattooed on the conscience of Terry Hunt. No matter what they think, they operate outside the football club. They do not observe the inner workings and they are certainly not sufficiently well qualified or fully informed enough to attempt to influence executive decisions.

They should not be influenced by social media, which can be an unreliable gutter of misinformation and deceit.

ITFC have already drawn a line in the sand regarding the withdrawal of press rights if they believe it is in the interests of the club. We disagree fervently, but to the the boys in the media it is a stark warning and was no doubt designed as such.

So the press boys should continue to do what the do, professionally and objectively, without fear or favour. They can report the clamour for change within various offices of the club, they can report the deterioration of standing and reputation, but they cannot and should not attempt to lead a revolt. It's not their place to do so.
Watson & Co on 09:58 - Jan 24 with 1922 viewsitfc_bucks

Watson & Co on 08:44 - Jan 24 by shamboy

They they REPORTERS. Their job is to observe and report. They are not campaigning journalists, not that there is such a thing as a campaigning journalist focusing on a local football club.

The local press have sailed close to the wind in the past. The names of Royle and Magilton should be tattooed on the conscience of Terry Hunt. No matter what they think, they operate outside the football club. They do not observe the inner workings and they are certainly not sufficiently well qualified or fully informed enough to attempt to influence executive decisions.

They should not be influenced by social media, which can be an unreliable gutter of misinformation and deceit.

ITFC have already drawn a line in the sand regarding the withdrawal of press rights if they believe it is in the interests of the club. We disagree fervently, but to the the boys in the media it is a stark warning and was no doubt designed as such.

So the press boys should continue to do what the do, professionally and objectively, without fear or favour. They can report the clamour for change within various offices of the club, they can report the deterioration of standing and reputation, but they cannot and should not attempt to lead a revolt. It's not their place to do so.

Incorrect.

Local press have a proud history of campaigning for the right things to happen.

While not (directly) relevant to town fans, Justice for the 96 wouldn't have happened were it not for fierce local campaigning.

While I agree, local press don't always get it right, now is the time for them to act as a lightning rod to focus fan pressure.

Of course, Ham-gate probably lessens their desire to be that focal point. They'll be barred from presses if they start looking to shift the manager.

May be a price worth paying though.
Watson & Co on 09:59 - Jan 24 with 1906 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A cup of tea maybe.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Watson & Co on 11:50 - Jan 24 with 1719 viewsshamboy

Watson & Co on 09:58 - Jan 24 by itfc_bucks

Incorrect.

While not (directly) relevant to town fans, Justice for the 96 wouldn't have happened were it not for fierce local campaigning.

While I agree, local press don't always get it right, now is the time for them to act as a lightning rod to focus fan pressure.

Of course, Ham-gate probably lessens their desire to be that focal point. They'll be barred from presses if they start looking to shift the manager.

Dislodging Paul Lambert is akin to campaigning for justice for 96 people who were illegally killed?

Hilarious.

Lose your treasured job in a completely hopeless attempt to dislodge Paul Lambert?

Hilarious.

Local press to be a lightning rod for fans? Which fans? The loudest? The quietest? The stupidest? The most intelligent? 3 fans? 3 thousand fans? 30000 fans?

How?

Hilarious.
Login to get fewer ads

Watson & Co on 12:14 - Jan 24 with 1604 viewsPhilTWTD

Watson & Co on 08:44 - Jan 24 by shamboy

I think that's right, I think the Magilton out headline has rather created a rod for their backs; there now seems to be an expectation that there will be front page at some point with every manager when things get to the current situation.

Worth remembering that no notice at all was taken of that headline - which was more down to JM's relations with the paper and certain journalists than anything else anyway - and Jim was manager for a fair while afterwards.

But, while it's not a paper or journalist's place to lead a revolt as you say, we can all give our opinions. As I've said before, there should be a change made, it should have been made at the end of last season and there are even more reasons to make it now.
Watson & Co on 17:11 - Jan 24 with 1344 viewsshamboy

Watson & Co on 12:14 - Jan 24 by PhilTWTD

I think that's right, I think the Magilton out headline has rather created a rod for their backs; there now seems to be an expectation that there will be front page at some point with every manager when things get to the current situation.

Worth remembering that no notice at all was taken of that headline - which was more down to JM's relations with the paper and certain journalists than anything else anyway - and Jim was manager for a fair while afterwards.

But, while it's not a paper or journalist's place to lead a revolt as you say, we can all give our opinions. As I've said before, there should be a change made, it should have been made at the end of last season and there are even more reasons to make it now.

It is fascinating that Stuart Watson has markedly upped the ante this afternoon, with some moderately incendiary choice of language.
I admire his chutzpah and cowardly though it may sound, I personally take the view that the best battles to fight are those which you have a very good chance, if not a certainty, of winning.

In five years' time it will all be written into legend, but in the immediate term I suspect that Stuart's time within the hallowed portals of ITFC is about to become rather uncomfortable. Lambert fancies himself as a scrapper from the Gorbals and I don't see him reacting placidly. Power to Stuart's elbow.
Watson & Co on 17:14 - Jan 24 with 1325 viewsyesjohn99

Watson & Co on 09:58 - Jan 24 by itfc_bucks

Incorrect.

One of the worst comparisons of any kind I’ve ever come across!!!
Watson & Co on 23:06 - Jan 24 with 1059 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Something was brewing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024