Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If he stays.... 22:06 - Jan 26 with 1207 viewsBlueStreak

We are in serious danger of being relegated this season. Wtf is going on.
If he stays.... on 09:57 - Jan 27 with 1089 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Thankfully that’s a bit of a stretch - we’re 13 points clear of AFC Wimbledon who have averaged less than a point per game so even if we lost the next 10-12 we should still just about have our heads above water

However, the fact that we’d even be thinking in those terms is an embarrassment (I did check myself last night as was worried how far we could slip if this form continues). I can’t believe I’ve woken up this morning to find Lambert still in a job quite frankly*

*well actually I can but that’s a different story

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If he stays.... on 10:39 - Jan 27 with 1039 viewsBlueNomad

I don't think we will go down but this season is lost. The sad thing is that I'm pretty numb about it and didn't feel any emotion last night (again). Next season we will have a completely different squad (and manager) and I suspect are several years away from going back up.
If he stays.... on 10:42 - Jan 27 with 1019 viewschicoazul

Dunno about that Streakers but it’s on the cards the next couple of seasons the way things are going.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If he stays.... on 10:47 - Jan 27 with 991 viewsSomethingBlue

That's not going to happen but certainly, in the medium term, the club is only going one way unless it wakes up quite spectacularly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If he stays.... on 10:56 - Jan 27 with 948 viewsTieDyedIn95

If he stays.... on 10:39 - Jan 27 by BlueNomad

I don't think we will go down but this season is lost. The sad thing is that I'm pretty numb about it and didn't feel any emotion last night (again). Next season we will have a completely different squad (and manager) and I suspect are several years away from going back up.

We will be relegated from this league over the next few years if Evans refuses to change tact. That's with a change of manager, the wage restrictions coupled with our less than stellar youth/reserve set up and our very shoddy recruitment will be the death of us.

We need immediate change, we had a season to get things back on track but Evans reverted to type. He sees the savings before he sees the results and we're on a highway to hell under his ownership.

Ipswich Town in League Two..... and the sad thing is for how long?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

If he stays.... on 11:53 - Jan 27 with 857 viewsSwansea_Blue

If he stays.... on 09:57 - Jan 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Thankfully that’s a bit of a stretch - we’re 13 points clear of AFC Wimbledon who have averaged less than a point per game so even if we lost the next 10-12 we should still just about have our heads above water

However, the fact that we’d even be thinking in those terms is an embarrassment (I did check myself last night as was worried how far we could slip if this form continues). I can’t believe I’ve woken up this morning to find Lambert still in a job quite frankly*

*well actually I can but that’s a different story

Agreed, it would be a big stretch. We're still averaging a higher ppg average than the few at the bottom - they really are poor. We certainly could end up in the lower half though, which is where we'd have been last year if the early finish hadn't helped us.

Obviously what's going on isn't acceptable, but I think we'd be comfortably safe even if we plod on as we are.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If he stays.... on 14:01 - Jan 27 with 743 viewsTractorCam

Luckily that won't happen, on the basis that this whole league is garbage and filled with garbage teams, evidence by the fact we sit 10th. In the Championship we probably wouldn't even have 10 points.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

If he stays.... on 14:12 - Jan 27 with 709 viewsTJS

Marcus Evans quite clearly doesn't care what division we are in next season.
If he did he would have acted by now.
Login to get fewer ads

If he stays.... on 14:53 - Jan 27 with 663 viewstractorshark

I doubt we will be relegated this season but I would agree the club is sleepwalking into League Two.

Anyone who cannot see the worrying trend developing at the club, coupled with the changing landscape of football, is either naive, wildly optimistic or Marcus Evans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024