Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... 14:15 - Feb 1 with 736 viewsKropotkin123

I think this is a gamble and a waste of resources. Much like when we threw money at loan players when getting relegated, throwing resources at loan players now isn't likely to suddenly change things.

Parrott is 18, he has scored zero goals in 13 games for Millwall. Once again, we are taking on a loan that is for the benefit of the player and the contracted club, whilst limiting the opportunities of our own players, who have simply been mismanaged.

Parrott is our third loan signing of this window. If ME doesn't trust PL to buy new players, then he needs to go.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:40 - Feb 1 with 674 viewscasanovacrow

Same poop different window for our owner
Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:42 - Feb 1 with 663 viewsStokieBlue

How can we buy new players? The salary cap simply doesn't allow it in our current position, not without significant sales.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:42 - Feb 1 with 660 viewsPlums

Can’t disagree with any of that. I hope the lad does well but we have a bloated, mismanaged squad and this actually adds to the problems.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:44 - Feb 1 with 649 viewsKeno

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:42 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

How can we buy new players? The salary cap simply doesn't allow it in our current position, not without significant sales.

SB

try playing the ones we have then?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:54 - Feb 1 with 590 viewsistanblue

Tbf I think this signing is worth a shot at least. I've seen him play at youth level for Spurs and he looked brilliant and I know he is very highly rated there. Plus he's already a senior international at just 18 years old - the guy clearly has something about him. Whether he can do a job for us remains to be seen, especially under a clueless manager, but let's see.
Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:54 - Feb 1 with 589 viewsSwansea_Blue

A complete gamble isn't it. I can understand why we've gone out into the window as Norwood, Jackson, Hawkins and Drinan have 5 goals between them.

But, it's not just about the individual. We're well down the list of chances created and pretty much worse in the league for getting into the opposition's penalty area. And Norwood and Jackson are proven, so they obviously can score at this level. I'm not sure how long Norwood is going to be out though.

It does seem a bit like we'd rather throw players at a problem than try to improve what we have. I got that feeling last season as well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:58 - Feb 1 with 560 viewsalfie2002

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:54 - Feb 1 by istanblue

Tbf I think this signing is worth a shot at least. I've seen him play at youth level for Spurs and he looked brilliant and I know he is very highly rated there. Plus he's already a senior international at just 18 years old - the guy clearly has something about him. Whether he can do a job for us remains to be seen, especially under a clueless manager, but let's see.

Very much agree, if he hits form then he will do a better job than Norwood, surely goes straight in ahead of Drinan and Sears?
Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 15:01 - Feb 1 with 549 viewsSamWhiteUK

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:42 - Feb 1 by StokieBlue

SB

We also can't loan new players either, so that argument is moot.
Login to get fewer ads

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 15:01 - Feb 1 with 549 viewsStokieBlue

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 14:44 - Feb 1 by Keno

try playing the ones we have then?

I've no problem with that.

I have a problem with the manager not the players.

SB

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 15:05 - Feb 1 with 521 viewsWD19

We needed a striker. We have got a striker.

What we don't yet know if whether we have got a useful striker. Lets see.
Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 505 viewsStokieBlue

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 15:05 - Feb 1 by WD19

We needed a striker. We have got a striker.

What we don't yet know if whether we have got a useful striker. Lets see.

Pretty irrelevant though if we continue to play in the same way.

A striker can't score with no chances created.

It's all about whether PL leaves or whether he totally changes the style and formation and there is no evidence he will do that unfortunately.

SB

Sorry for not being as enthusiastic as the rest of the posts I'm reading... on 15:10 - Feb 1 with 494 viewsEireannach_gorm

I'm inclined to agree that this is more for the ticket sales than for the overall good of the team. The chap is a fantastic prospect and it is a great loan to get but team development wise I'm afraid that Paul will screw this up too. Also it makes his own departure more unlikely.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024