Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with 09:32 - Feb 4 with 1906 viewsDyland

I agree with O'Neill on this one, and anyway, it points to an effort from Evans to get promoted, even though I disagree with how we are going about it in terms of management. Looking at it cynically it also suggests Lambert really does have this season and that is it, and is not being trusted with any permanent signings even if that is the best general approach for us (something we can all agree on).

Lambert's comments about loans pre-pandemic don't mean he's changed his mind on that. Needs must innit? But yes, obviously if he were more competent he wouldn't need to rely on this new wave at all. Something clearly Evans doesn't agree with most of the fans on.

Yes MOST of the fans ffs, not just the TWTD forum. Extraordinary Trumpeqsue nonsense.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:34 - Feb 4 with 1877 viewschicoazul

How are you today luv?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:35 - Feb 4 with 1870 viewsHerbivore

I think it is a stick to beat him with to be honest. We've made these signings, against his stated philosophy of not relying on loans, because of his complete failure to get a tune out of the talented players at his disposal. That's entirely his responsibility. 6 loanees ffs, a first team squad pushing 40 players, and still we're sh!t.

Lambert out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:39 - Feb 4 with 1859 viewsGavTWTD

I think this is an exceptional season because of the pandemic. If PL wasn't such an arse he could discuss it in an adult way but it doesn't stop there. If he has to be flexible with loan players then he has to be flexible with the formation too and stop being so stubborn about not playing 2 up front.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:52 - Feb 4 with 1771 viewsLeaky

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:35 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

I think it is a stick to beat him with to be honest. We've made these signings, against his stated philosophy of not relying on loans, because of his complete failure to get a tune out of the talented players at his disposal. That's entirely his responsibility. 6 loanees ffs, a first team squad pushing 40 players, and still we're sh!t.

Lambert out.

A agree with you 100%. However it is possible with the conditions attached to the Premier League loan which, I believe bans any transfer fee's being paid, plus the Covid situation is leading the lower leagues to using the loan system
The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:58 - Feb 4 with 1754 viewsHerbivore

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:52 - Feb 4 by Leaky

A agree with you 100%. However it is possible with the conditions attached to the Premier League loan which, I believe bans any transfer fee's being paid, plus the Covid situation is leading the lower leagues to using the loan system

We shouldn't need more players. The squad is already strong for this level. The questionable need to add more players is entirely down to Lambert's failures. He knows too that he isn't capable of getting more out of the players so has to push for more players because that's all he's got. It's a total mess. How this clown is still our manager is a mystery. Over 2 years of nothing but failure and still Evans backs him.

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:07 - Feb 4 with 1710 viewsgordon

If it's a stick, let's beat him with it.
The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:09 - Feb 4 with 1706 viewsPendejo

I wrote this the other day

All makes sense to me... by Pendejo 2 Feb 2021 9:41
Bring in some hungry battle proven 30+ year olds to up the number of leaders on the pitch and drag us to the play offs.

What do you mean they're a bunch of teenagers?
And you've loaned out our own younger players?

Fkwt, cnt, wnkr

Just fk orf before you do anymore damage. Go, now.

Don't look around we don't need you anymore.

If the loanees were players like Glenn Murray - wrong side of 35 but extremely capable, there'd not be an issue for me, the would be signs of logic and method. But bringing in rookies just because they're from a higher status club... Whilst loaning out our own rookies...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:15 - Feb 4 with 1678 viewsDyland

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:35 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

Lambert out.

Aye I don't disagree with any of that. Re sticks I'm talking in relation to his 2019 comments.

Login to get fewer ads

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:15 - Feb 4 with 1675 viewsDyland

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:34 - Feb 4 by chicoazul

How are you today luv?

Aaaah Chickers!

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:17 - Feb 4 with 1670 viewsDyland

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:09 - Feb 4 by Pendejo

Bring in some hungry battle proven 30+ year olds to up the number of leaders on the pitch and drag us to the play offs.

Fkwt, cnt, wnkr

If the loanees were players like Glenn Murray - wrong side of 35 but extremely capable, there'd not be an issue for me, the would be signs of logic and method. But bringing in rookies just because they're from a higher status club... Whilst loaning out our own rookies...

We shall see innit.

I agree with you btw... and the sticking point is why on earth does Evans think Lambert can do it with anyone he gets in, but hey ho.

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:23 - Feb 4 with 1652 viewsHerbivore

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:15 - Feb 4 by Dyland

Aye I don't disagree with any of that. Re sticks I'm talking in relation to his 2019 comments.

I get that, but I still think those comments can be held against him when you consider that he's had time and backing to put together a big squad that for this level has plenty of quality and the only reason he's packed it with four loanees is because he's hopelessly failed to make the squad he's built work.

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:27 - Feb 4 with 1642 viewstractorshark

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:09 - Feb 4 by Pendejo

Fkwt, cnt, wnkr

Problem is those players would exceed the stupid salary cap that has been imposed.

We all know Lambert isn’t very good and shouldn’t be manager.

But the squad isn’t as good as many people think. We have a bunch of very injury-prone players who regularly flatter to deceive. People look at names and price tags and say he’d walk into any League One side. But where’s the evidence? No one wanted our players in January unless it was on the cheap. There’s a reason many of them are at Ipswich and not at a higher level.

That said, I do believe a better manager would get more out of them. And this summer will be pivotal in terms of rebuilding the squad. Hopefully that is not Lambert’s decision and it is not a repeat of the Hurst debacle.

I don’t want a team of loanees but I do want promotion as quick as possible. Forget 5-year plans, get out of this division as quickly as possible.

Unlike some, I never thought dropping down a division would be a good chance to reset. We are now staring at a long spell in it unless Lambert changes or goes, Evans starts making decent decisions or the boy Parrott turns out to be goal machine.
The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:44 - Feb 4 with 1591 viewsCoco

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 09:39 - Feb 4 by GavTWTD

I think this is an exceptional season because of the pandemic. If PL wasn't such an arse he could discuss it in an adult way but it doesn't stop there. If he has to be flexible with loan players then he has to be flexible with the formation too and stop being so stubborn about not playing 2 up front.

Indeed. Attitude is everything and his ego has destroyed any goodwill he may have built up. Managers seem to be rarely humble these days.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:47 - Feb 4 with 1583 viewsHerbivore

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:27 - Feb 4 by tractorshark

Problem is those players would exceed the stupid salary cap that has been imposed.

We all know Lambert isn’t very good and shouldn’t be manager.

But the squad isn’t as good as many people think. We have a bunch of very injury-prone players who regularly flatter to deceive. People look at names and price tags and say he’d walk into any League One side. But where’s the evidence? No one wanted our players in January unless it was on the cheap. There’s a reason many of them are at Ipswich and not at a higher level.

That said, I do believe a better manager would get more out of them. And this summer will be pivotal in terms of rebuilding the squad. Hopefully that is not Lambert’s decision and it is not a repeat of the Hurst debacle.

I don’t want a team of loanees but I do want promotion as quick as possible. Forget 5-year plans, get out of this division as quickly as possible.

Unlike some, I never thought dropping down a division would be a good chance to reset. We are now staring at a long spell in it unless Lambert changes or goes, Evans starts making decent decisions or the boy Parrott turns out to be goal machine.

Donacien, who was nowhere near our first team, has walked straight into Fleetwood's side. Donnie, automatic promotion challengers, were keen on Nsiala, and Nolan had interest from clubs above us in this league and one side from the league above. Jackson also had Championship interest. These are players that are mostly considered on the fringe of our first team. The issue is not the quality of the players. Even with injuries we should have more than enough quality to be genuinely challenging for promotion.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 13:39]

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 12:06 - Feb 4 with 1444 viewstractorshark

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:47 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

Donacien, who was nowhere near our first team, has walked straight into Fleetwood's side. Donnie, automatic promotion challengers, were keen on Nsiala, and Nolan had interest from clubs above us in this league and one side from the league above. Jackson also had Championship interest. These are players that are mostly considered on the fringe of our first team. The issue is not the quality of the players. Even with injuries we should have more than enough quality to be genuinely challenging for promotion.

Firstly I don’t disagree that Lambert is to blame and the squad is underachieving.
But you kind of back up my point with Donacien. He’s gone to Fleetwood, not Charlton, not Portsmouth, not Sunderland, not a Championship club but Fleetwood.
Regardless of league position, we shouldn’t be concerned if our castoffs are going to Fleetwood.
The fact we are says so much about our status right now.
Of the others, again it’s clubs looking to loan or buy on the cheap. In Huddersfield’s case probably to reduce the gamble.
Both Jackson and Nolan are decent at League One level - when fit - but neither shone in the Championship. (I concede Jackson has been poorly used by Lambert). But Nsiala is average at best and capable of a mistake at any moment.
The bottom line is interest is one thing but if a club desperately wanted these players, they would have made an offer that Ipswich wouldn’t refuse.
And I don’t think it would have taken a lot given our bloated squad and the fact we’re struggling to stay within the salary cap.
Like I say, I’m not saying Lambert isn’t to blame. Far from it, but I just think the squad is not as good as some believe. When we had injuries, the depth just wasn’t there.
And while I don’t like these loans, if there is a small chance that they could put us back in the promotion picture, I’d gladly take it. Even if I fear it has lumbered us with Lambert until the summer.
My biggest worry is we don’t get promoted this season. The way the club is decaying under Evans, coupled with the changing landscape of football and restrictions at lower levels, means we could be here for the long haul.
The next managerial appointment will be the most important decision of Evans’ reign. And that doesn’t fill me with any confidence.
The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 13:36 - Feb 4 with 1335 viewspatrickswell

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 10:47 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

It’s just unfortunate that while representing us Nsiala has no brains, Jackson has no composure and Nolan has no heart.

It’s like Hurst made his signings from The Wizard of Oz.
The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 13:44 - Feb 4 with 1309 viewsHerbivore

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 12:06 - Feb 4 by tractorshark

Firstly I don’t disagree that Lambert is to blame and the squad is underachieving.
But you kind of back up my point with Donacien. He’s gone to Fleetwood, not Charlton, not Portsmouth, not Sunderland, not a Championship club but Fleetwood.
Regardless of league position, we shouldn’t be concerned if our castoffs are going to Fleetwood.
The fact we are says so much about our status right now.
Of the others, again it’s clubs looking to loan or buy on the cheap. In Huddersfield’s case probably to reduce the gamble.
Both Jackson and Nolan are decent at League One level - when fit - but neither shone in the Championship. (I concede Jackson has been poorly used by Lambert). But Nsiala is average at best and capable of a mistake at any moment.
The bottom line is interest is one thing but if a club desperately wanted these players, they would have made an offer that Ipswich wouldn’t refuse.
And I don’t think it would have taken a lot given our bloated squad and the fact we’re struggling to stay within the salary cap.
Like I say, I’m not saying Lambert isn’t to blame. Far from it, but I just think the squad is not as good as some believe. When we had injuries, the depth just wasn’t there.
And while I don’t like these loans, if there is a small chance that they could put us back in the promotion picture, I’d gladly take it. Even if I fear it has lumbered us with Lambert until the summer.
My biggest worry is we don’t get promoted this season. The way the club is decaying under Evans, coupled with the changing landscape of football and restrictions at lower levels, means we could be here for the long haul.
The next managerial appointment will be the most important decision of Evans’ reign. And that doesn’t fill me with any confidence.

Donacien to Fleetwood doesn't back up your point at all. He's a player that we've not played this season other than in the cup. He's nowhere near our first team. And yet a team that finished top 6 last season and with aspirations to replicate that this season have signed him and he's gone straight into their team. If one of our cast offs is good enough to walk into a side like Fleetwood that suggests we have good strength in the sqaud.

You keep talking about the Championship like you've forgotten we're in League 1. Many of our players wouldn't be good enough for the Championship, but that doesn't mean they aren't good enough to get us out of League 1. Which squads in this league do you think are genuinely better than ours for quality and depth?

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 13:52 - Feb 4 with 1289 viewsElephantintheRoom

You really can fool some of the people all of the time

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 13:59 - Feb 4 with 1263 viewsVic

It’s simply covering over the cracks of a poor manager and coach.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 15:12 - Feb 4 with 1204 viewstractorshark

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 13:44 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

Donacien to Fleetwood doesn't back up your point at all. He's a player that we've not played this season other than in the cup. He's nowhere near our first team. And yet a team that finished top 6 last season and with aspirations to replicate that this season have signed him and he's gone straight into their team. If one of our cast offs is good enough to walk into a side like Fleetwood that suggests we have good strength in the sqaud.

You keep talking about the Championship like you've forgotten we're in League 1. Many of our players wouldn't be good enough for the Championship, but that doesn't mean they aren't good enough to get us out of League 1. Which squads in this league do you think are genuinely better than ours for quality and depth?

I am well aware we are not in the Championship. That fact pains me every day.
But I disagree on Donacien. Fleetwood are 15th but, regardless of that and with all due respect to Fleetwood, losing a fringe player on probably a decent wage to a club of that stature shouldn't be a massive concern to us. Bottom line, like Nsiala, he isn't that good and we are probably right to cut our losses and look for better alternatives.
But I do agree with you the squad should be talented enough to challenge for promotion and I do agree Lambert is massively underachieving.
My point is we have too many injury-prone players (eg. Bishop) and too many players who flatter to deceive (eg. Judge) and sometimes both (eg. Huws). And when we have injuries, like the time when the whole midfield was out, we don't have the strength in depth to cope. The likes of McGavin aren't up to that at this point in time.
We will need a clearout at some point and better recruitment.
Hull have a good squad, as do Sunderland. Portsmouth and Peterborough also. But whether they are better than ours? Probably not if you're going purely on names and status. But it's subjective. If half your squad is on the treatment table and others are under-performing due to an incompetent manager or their fading talent, it levels the playing field.
Lincoln and Doncaster certainly haven't got a better squad and they are flying.
It's all about opinions though and I suspect one thing we both agree on is Lambert must go for the club to progress.
The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 15:20 - Feb 4 with 1185 viewsHerbivore

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 15:12 - Feb 4 by tractorshark

I am well aware we are not in the Championship. That fact pains me every day.
But I disagree on Donacien. Fleetwood are 15th but, regardless of that and with all due respect to Fleetwood, losing a fringe player on probably a decent wage to a club of that stature shouldn't be a massive concern to us. Bottom line, like Nsiala, he isn't that good and we are probably right to cut our losses and look for better alternatives.
But I do agree with you the squad should be talented enough to challenge for promotion and I do agree Lambert is massively underachieving.
My point is we have too many injury-prone players (eg. Bishop) and too many players who flatter to deceive (eg. Judge) and sometimes both (eg. Huws). And when we have injuries, like the time when the whole midfield was out, we don't have the strength in depth to cope. The likes of McGavin aren't up to that at this point in time.
We will need a clearout at some point and better recruitment.
Hull have a good squad, as do Sunderland. Portsmouth and Peterborough also. But whether they are better than ours? Probably not if you're going purely on names and status. But it's subjective. If half your squad is on the treatment table and others are under-performing due to an incompetent manager or their fading talent, it levels the playing field.
Lincoln and Doncaster certainly haven't got a better squad and they are flying.
It's all about opinions though and I suspect one thing we both agree on is Lambert must go for the club to progress.

I'm not bothered about Donacien going to Fleetwood and I agree he's not especially good. But it rather illustrates the general quality of players at this level that he can walk into another League 1 side and, by all accounts, stand out as one of their better players. The issue doesn't seem to be the quality of our sqaud given that our rejects can flourish elsewhere in League 1, the issue is the manager.

I don't agree with you on the issue of depth, we have ridiculous depth in the sqaud. McGavin would be getting lots of game time at other sides in this league, so I don't agree that he's not good enough and he was only called on for a game or two, which he's well capable of.

I do agree with you that Lambert is hopeless and can't get the best out of this sqaud, so that's probably a reasonable agreement to leave it on.

I totally agree (n/t) on 16:00 - Feb 4 with 1130 viewsDyland

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 13:59 - Feb 4 by Vic

It’s simply covering over the cracks of a poor manager and coach.

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 16:03 - Feb 4 with 1128 viewsDyland

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 13:52 - Feb 4 by ElephantintheRoom

You really can fool some of the people all of the time

Come on then genius, explain why Evans is spunking cash on these loans if he doesn't want to get promoted.

Notwithstanding my frequently posted assertion the bloke has looked at all outcomes and life in L1 ain't the catastrophe many fans assume it is for him.

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 16:48 - Feb 4 with 1074 viewstextbackup

id never wish lamberk to be beaten with a stick, that would do no damage, use an axe

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 18:10 - Feb 4 with 1013 viewstractorshark

The new loan load is not a stick to beat Lambert with on 15:20 - Feb 4 by Herbivore

I'm not bothered about Donacien going to Fleetwood and I agree he's not especially good. But it rather illustrates the general quality of players at this level that he can walk into another League 1 side and, by all accounts, stand out as one of their better players. The issue doesn't seem to be the quality of our sqaud given that our rejects can flourish elsewhere in League 1, the issue is the manager.

I don't agree with you on the issue of depth, we have ridiculous depth in the sqaud. McGavin would be getting lots of game time at other sides in this league, so I don't agree that he's not good enough and he was only called on for a game or two, which he's well capable of.

I do agree with you that Lambert is hopeless and can't get the best out of this sqaud, so that's probably a reasonable agreement to leave it on.

perfectly agreeable way to finish. All about opinions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024