Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS 19:16 - Feb 17 with 1577 viewsaardvaark

I am hoping like crazy this appointment could happen.

But maybe I have had too many white wines.

:)

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 19:18 - Feb 17 with 1544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If he is genuinely available to us, only an owner as incompetent as ME would dither while holding on to the wish that Lambert will turn it around.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 20:22 - Feb 17 with 1421 viewsbritbiker

Maybe our squad needs the kick up the arse that he could give them. As bad as the management have been, a lot of our squad have been coasting it for years.
Is it he not a bit of a nutter though? (n/t) on 20:32 - Feb 17 with 1385 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 20:36 - Feb 17 with 1376 viewsCheltenham_Blue

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 20:22 - Feb 17 by britbiker

Maybe our squad needs the kick up the arse that he could give them. As bad as the management have been, a lot of our squad have been coasting it for years.

Yep. As others have said they all seem to play as a squad with absolutely no pressure on them from anywhere.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:05 - Feb 17 with 1284 viewsstiff_talking

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 20:36 - Feb 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep. As others have said they all seem to play as a squad with absolutely no pressure on them from anywhere.

Pearson would be great ! He would shake the clubs foundations!

Put it this way. If you were Blue Action member would you chant against Pearson ?

The answer would be no way.... he is crazy !

He also built the Leicester title winning team.
NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:06 - Feb 17 with 1277 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too many white wines is a great strategy for coping with us this season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:24 - Feb 17 with 1205 viewsTieDyedIn95

Anyone but the Cowleys. They'd be Hurst's MK2.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:25 - Feb 17 with 1188 viewsSwansea_Blue

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:24 - Feb 17 by TieDyedIn95

Anyone but the Cowleys. They'd be Hurst's MK2.

I think they would too. I've got nothing to base that on other than a feeling in my janglies, but don't think they'd be a good fit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:29 - Feb 17 with 1170 viewsborge

No, no, no and no. Not a good cultural fit. Evans has got pretty much every appointment wrong from a cultural perspective which is one reason why none have worked out (ignoring the obvious footballing failure aspects). The Cowleys fall into the same camp. The next appointment needs to be one that the vast majority of fans can buy into and that means they have to understand our history and heritage in terms of cultured football.
NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:29 - Feb 17 with 1164 viewsOsborneOneNil

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:29 - Feb 17 by borge

No, no, no and no. Not a good cultural fit. Evans has got pretty much every appointment wrong from a cultural perspective which is one reason why none have worked out (ignoring the obvious footballing failure aspects). The Cowleys fall into the same camp. The next appointment needs to be one that the vast majority of fans can buy into and that means they have to understand our history and heritage in terms of cultured football.

Go on then.....
NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:30 - Feb 17 with 1161 viewsOsborneOneNil

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 21:25 - Feb 17 by Swansea_Blue

I think they would too. I've got nothing to base that on other than a feeling in my janglies, but don't think they'd be a good fit.

I feel the same...
NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 22:26 - Feb 17 with 1027 viewsbluebudgie

I'm old enough to remember when Jackie Milburn was in charge and the team was relegated without a fight from the old first division despite being English champions just two years before. Our performances in the 2nd division were dire and relegation to the third division a distinct possibility but Milburn did the honourable thing and resigned as the team had become ill-disciplined and were basically taking the manager for a mug(remind you of anyone?) Anyway John Cobbold and the board brought in a strict disciplinarian in Bill Mcgarry and results and the club improved so much so that the Town were promoted in 1968,so perhaps we do need someone like Pearson as its almost a carbon copy of the 60s apart from now having a useless owner of course!
NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 22:34 - Feb 17 with 962 viewsArnieM

NIGEL PEARSON - YOUR NEW CLUB AWAITS on 22:26 - Feb 17 by bluebudgie

I'm old enough to remember when Jackie Milburn was in charge and the team was relegated without a fight from the old first division despite being English champions just two years before. Our performances in the 2nd division were dire and relegation to the third division a distinct possibility but Milburn did the honourable thing and resigned as the team had become ill-disciplined and were basically taking the manager for a mug(remind you of anyone?) Anyway John Cobbold and the board brought in a strict disciplinarian in Bill Mcgarry and results and the club improved so much so that the Town were promoted in 1968,so perhaps we do need someone like Pearson as its almost a carbon copy of the 60s apart from now having a useless owner of course!

You’re right footballers are pansies and prima donas mostly these days . They don’t like it up em do to speak . I think this is a major reason why Hurst failed because the players didn’t like being told a few home truths. Player power is rife in the game . They seem to have their bread buttered both sides these days , and they know they are almost untouchable. Someone like Pearson would dent a few egos at this Club I think . Would he come here ? Would Evans go in for him ?

We shall see.....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is it he not a bit of a nutter though? (n/t) on 22:42 - Feb 17 with 925 viewsArnieM

Is it he not a bit of a nutter though? (n/t) on 20:32 - Feb 17 by unstableblue

And you think Lambert isn’t ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is it he not a bit of a nutter though? (n/t) on 12:34 - Feb 18 with 685 viewsunstableblue

Is it he not a bit of a nutter though? (n/t) on 22:42 - Feb 17 by ArnieM

And you think Lambert isn’t ?

Lambert is both a nutter and incompetent - so Pearson would be a step forward in that sense.

But just how many personality disorder managers can Marcus appoint?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024