Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... 23:03 - Feb 17 with 4010 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...care to say whether or not you felt crock, if so for how long and which version did you get.
I would also appreciate a good link explaining the 'new' technology behind the synthetic one please.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:51 - Feb 18 with 1303 viewsBloomBlue

A sister-in-law had the Pfizer and spent 3 days in bed afterwards with a terrible migraine, brother-in-law also had the Pfizer no side effects.

I had the Astra Z no side effects, Mrs Bloom also had the Astra Z and had a sore arm which lasted 1 day
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 08:57 - Feb 18 with 1289 viewsLeaky

I had the AZ vaccine no ill effects what so ever & I felt rough after the flu vaccine
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:37 - Feb 18 with 1265 viewsbluefunk

Had the Phzer one, no side effects other than a sore arm. 5 relatives have also had the same with both Pfizer and Oxford. One relative had 2/3 days feeling sh1t with Oxford
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:45 - Feb 18 with 1260 viewsbluelagos

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 00:20 - Feb 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for using plainer English than some of the articles...my tiny brain is struggling to comprehend being injected 'with a set of instructions.'...but then I am a gardener!
Nope nothing specific other than unknown long term consequences which I guess by definition can not be known and I suppose a concern that something supposedly so benign would cause quite severe headaches etc in some people. People replying, "yeah but death" is about as useful as me replying, "yeah but tens of thousands never knew they had it" in case anyone gets the urge.

One way to look at it regarding the side effects:- Now being reported that 30% of adults have had their first jab, so if there were likely to be any nasty/serious reactions, am sure they'd have been reported / picked up by now.

As for your tiny brain Bankster - the explanations of how the vaccines work are beyond my understanding too, so you are not alone there :-) But as a number bod - I go on the actual outcomes reported or more accurately the lack of serious reactions recorded/reported.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:56 - Feb 18 with 1241 viewsitfcjoe

My Dad had his Pfizer yesterday afternoon feels a bit groggy

Wife's sister and cousin were both knocked out by there's for a day or so.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:57 - Feb 18 with 1238 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:45 - Feb 18 by bluelagos

One way to look at it regarding the side effects:- Now being reported that 30% of adults have had their first jab, so if there were likely to be any nasty/serious reactions, am sure they'd have been reported / picked up by now.

As for your tiny brain Bankster - the explanations of how the vaccines work are beyond my understanding too, so you are not alone there :-) But as a number bod - I go on the actual outcomes reported or more accurately the lack of serious reactions recorded/reported.

Or maybe Bill Gates hasn't turned on the transmitter yet?

*taps side of nose*

Interesting article in the Grauniad today about the virus spreading most rapidly in 5-12 year olds now. That's going to be interesting when they open up the schools to the youngster year groups.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:34 - Feb 18 with 1225 viewsHarry_Palmer

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:57 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

Or maybe Bill Gates hasn't turned on the transmitter yet?

*taps side of nose*

Interesting article in the Grauniad today about the virus spreading most rapidly in 5-12 year olds now. That's going to be interesting when they open up the schools to the youngster year groups.

How can it be spreading rapidly in 5-12 year olds when the vast majority of them are at home and not seeing any of their peers? Do you have a link to the article?
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:38 - Feb 18 with 1219 viewsSwansea_Blue

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:34 - Feb 18 by Harry_Palmer

How can it be spreading rapidly in 5-12 year olds when the vast majority of them are at home and not seeing any of their peers? Do you have a link to the article?

I think it's all relative to the overall reduction in transmissions, but still interesting in terms of the return to school question.

Seems a lot of kids are still in school. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/18/covid-infections-in-england-fall-b

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:39 - Feb 18 with 1215 viewsDanTheMan

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:34 - Feb 18 by Harry_Palmer

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/18/covid-infections-in-england-fall-b

And relevant quote:
The researchers said the decline in prevalence in England was seen across all age groups, with Covid now most commonly found among 5- to 12-year-olds and 18- to 24-year-olds. Researchers said there was no sign yet in their data of the impact of the UK’s vaccination programme on infections; the drop in prevalence was similar among the over-65s as with other age groups.

The team suggested the relatively high prevalence in younger children could be due to a greater proportion of this age group still attending school. A survey found in February that nearly a quarter of primary school pupils were being taught in-person.

And the relevant study data:
https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk/bitstream/10044/1/86126/2/react1_r9_interim_prepri

And quote from the study:
There have also been substantial falls in prevalence across all age groups between rounds
8 and 9a (Table 3, Figure 7). Highest weighted prevalence is now among 18 to 24 year olds
at 0.89% (0.47%, 1.67%) and ages 5 to 12 years at 0.86% (0.60%, 1.24%). Lowest
prevalence is among those 65 years and older at 0.30% (0.22%, 0.41%).

Page 4.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:56 - Feb 18 with 1195 viewsHarry_Palmer

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:38 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

I think it's all relative to the overall reduction in transmissions, but still interesting in terms of the return to school question.

Seems a lot of kids are still in school. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/18/covid-infections-in-england-fall-b

Cheers, so relative to other groups as you say. Yes, i'm surprised they haven't been more strict with the criteria for allowing kids in school this time round.

I guess the positive from this is that it doesn't cause serious illness in this age group and the more at risk groups are now getting protected with the vaccine. Not sure the Teachers will see it that way though!
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:57 - Feb 18 with 1193 viewsHarry_Palmer

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 10:39 - Feb 18 by DanTheMan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/18/covid-infections-in-england-fall-b

And relevant quote:
The researchers said the decline in prevalence in England was seen across all age groups, with Covid now most commonly found among 5- to 12-year-olds and 18- to 24-year-olds. Researchers said there was no sign yet in their data of the impact of the UK’s vaccination programme on infections; the drop in prevalence was similar among the over-65s as with other age groups.

The team suggested the relatively high prevalence in younger children could be due to a greater proportion of this age group still attending school. A survey found in February that nearly a quarter of primary school pupils were being taught in-person.

And the relevant study data:
https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk/bitstream/10044/1/86126/2/react1_r9_interim_prepri

And quote from the study:
There have also been substantial falls in prevalence across all age groups between rounds
8 and 9a (Table 3, Figure 7). Highest weighted prevalence is now among 18 to 24 year olds
at 0.89% (0.47%, 1.67%) and ages 5 to 12 years at 0.86% (0.60%, 1.24%). Lowest
prevalence is among those 65 years and older at 0.30% (0.22%, 0.41%).

Page 4.

Cheers Dan.
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 11:07 - Feb 18 with 1184 viewsfactual_blue

'if you felt crock'???

Is becoming Australian a known side-effect?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 12:23 - Feb 18 with 1161 viewsronnyd

Had the Pfizer one nearly three weeks ago. Tender upper arm for a couple of days, nothing else. Wife had AZ one two weeks ago, similar for her.
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 12:58 - Feb 18 with 1143 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:56 - Feb 18 by itfcjoe

My Dad had his Pfizer yesterday afternoon feels a bit groggy

Wife's sister and cousin were both knocked out by there's for a day or so.

Same - both my parents had it over the last few days and both had a day of feeling fairly rough. In-laws were similar.
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 13:32 - Feb 18 with 1132 viewsfloridaboy

Had my first jab at Trinity Park on February 7, sore arm for a week or so although I do lay on that side!

Felt tired the next day but otherwise OK.

Wife had her jab also at Trinity Park a few days later, again sore arm and a bit tired for a few days otherwise fine. Both have second jabs booked for April.

Both had the Oxford/AZ vaccine.
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 13:32 - Feb 18 with 1133 viewsRyorry

Had the Oxford one 10 days ago, no effects straight afterwards but on 3rd & 4th days after, area around injection site was very slightly sore (so minor I wouldn't have really noticed if I hadn't been watching for anything. An over 70s friend told me she'd had the same time lag with that).

Also had slight ache on L side of neck where lymph gland is on days 3-6, but I have neck problems anyway (tho I've not had anything like that before).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 13:40 - Feb 18 with 1122 viewsnoggin

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 11:07 - Feb 18 by factual_blue

'if you felt crock'???

Is becoming Australian a known side-effect?

D'no mate.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 13:43 - Feb 18 with 1115 viewsEpiphone

I had first AZ jab on Monday,mild (man)flu symptoms for 48 hours and a slightly aching arm.I took it as a good reaction as my body is hopefully creating antibodies.
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 13:44 - Feb 18 with 1114 viewsWeWereZombies

Had my first one of the Pfizer lot just a couple of hours ago, feel absolutely fine with no noticeable side effects at all.

LAMBERT IN...
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:45]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 14:04 - Feb 18 with 1100 viewsWeWereZombies

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 13:32 - Feb 18 by Ryorry

Had the Oxford one 10 days ago, no effects straight afterwards but on 3rd & 4th days after, area around injection site was very slightly sore (so minor I wouldn't have really noticed if I hadn't been watching for anything. An over 70s friend told me she'd had the same time lag with that).

Also had slight ache on L side of neck where lymph gland is on days 3-6, but I have neck problems anyway (tho I've not had anything like that before).

So where is your lymph gland on days one and two, and after day six?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 15:54 - Feb 18 with 1081 viewsRyorry

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 14:04 - Feb 18 by WeWereZombies

So where is your lymph gland on days one and two, and after day six?

Didn't notice anything on days 1 & 2, and the bit of an ache's now gone :)

Never even noticed the poor old thing in all my previous decades, perhaps it just felt a bit neglected & was yelling "look at *me*"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 16:11 - Feb 18 with 1075 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 09:45 - Feb 18 by bluelagos

Thanks for joining me in the 'tiny brain' club.
I agree with your observation, so that just leaves longer term, unknowable outcomes. I am not suggesting there will be any just making an obvious point! Quite bizarrely I have always been cautious of things I put in, or have put in, my body except for various class A drugs in the dim and distant past! So just trying to be as informed as possible
I have to admit that the lack of evidence yet about whether vaccination reduces the risk of transmitting the virus is a concern but then again that is the case for non symptomatic carriers too. #stillweighingthingsup

Edit...2 quotes from Stokie's second link...
"There is still a lot of work to be done before mRNA vaccines can become standard treatments, in the meantime, we need a better understanding of their potential side effects, and more evidence of their long term efficacy."

"Unintended effects: the mRNA strand in the vaccine may elicit an unintended immune reaction. To minimise this the mRNA vaccine sequences are designed to mimic those produced by mammalian cells."

....my reasoning for preferring the Oxford one would be concerns that the above has been overlooked due to the urgency of the situation. As people have said though I will not have that choice.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 16:18]

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 16:19 - Feb 18 with 1060 viewscooperd5

I had Pfizer dose 1 yesterday AM, felt OK if a little lethargic yesterday but fine today
Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 16:21 - Feb 18 with 1055 viewsbluelagos

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 16:11 - Feb 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks for joining me in the 'tiny brain' club.
I agree with your observation, so that just leaves longer term, unknowable outcomes. I am not suggesting there will be any just making an obvious point! Quite bizarrely I have always been cautious of things I put in, or have put in, my body except for various class A drugs in the dim and distant past! So just trying to be as informed as possible
I have to admit that the lack of evidence yet about whether vaccination reduces the risk of transmitting the virus is a concern but then again that is the case for non symptomatic carriers too. #stillweighingthingsup

Edit...2 quotes from Stokie's second link...
"There is still a lot of work to be done before mRNA vaccines can become standard treatments, in the meantime, we need a better understanding of their potential side effects, and more evidence of their long term efficacy."

"Unintended effects: the mRNA strand in the vaccine may elicit an unintended immune reaction. To minimise this the mRNA vaccine sequences are designed to mimic those produced by mammalian cells."

....my reasoning for preferring the Oxford one would be concerns that the above has been overlooked due to the urgency of the situation. As people have said though I will not have that choice.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 16:18]

Stokie did his best to bring it down to a level of us simpletons but some way further to go :-)

(not a dig Stokie btw)

Long term - yeah - that's inevitable I guess. But the way it's described as tricking your body into thinking it has CV (to make the antibodies and prepare for if/when you need them) - can't see why any bad reactions would take place say a year or two later...

Am defo going to get one myself - my only worry is the sodding needle!
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 16:22]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 16:22 - Feb 18 with 1051 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those of you that have had the covid vaccination.... on 13:44 - Feb 18 by WeWereZombies

Had my first one of the Pfizer lot just a couple of hours ago, feel absolutely fine with no noticeable side effects at all.

LAMBERT IN...
[Post edited 18 Feb 2021 13:45]

Brilliant....you convinced me....

...stay away from my arm muthafukkers!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024