Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The constant referring to 'games in hand' 11:27 - Feb 21 with 1020 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is really beginning to get on my left ti t, so I've reworked the table based on everyone winning their games in hand until we have caught up with Hull (30 Games). Obviously we wont win all three games in hand, but everyone always assumes you will hence why it is talked about in such a way.

Any way - Still outside the playoffs, 11 points away from the automatic places.

1. Lincoln 62
2. Peterborough 61
-----------------------------
4. Doncaster 58
5. Accrington 55
6. Portsmouth 54
7. Hull 53
-----------------------------
8. Sunderland 53
9. Oxford 53
10. Ipswich 50
11. Charlton 47
12. Plymouth 45
13. MK Dons 44

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 11:33 - Feb 21 with 982 viewsGlasgowBlue

Don’t show that to Marcus Evans FfS. That puts us just one win off the play offs with 16 games and 48 points to play for.

If he sees that he’ll keep faith with Lambert.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 11:34 - Feb 21 with 974 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 11:33 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Don’t show that to Marcus Evans FfS. That puts us just one win off the play offs with 16 games and 48 points to play for.

If I could actually get in front of Marcus Evans, showing him this would be a very long way down my priority list.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 12:03 - Feb 21 with 903 viewsChrisd

Especially when we can't score goals and don't win games very often. Games in hand for us seems an utterly pointless process.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 12:15]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 12:10 - Feb 21 with 866 viewstextbackup

I honestly don't know what anyone down there thinks is going to happen, we'd need to beat 2 top 6 teams to go up if ending up in the playoffs..... facts stats figures proves this isn't possible for us to do

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 12:29 - Feb 21 with 813 viewsEireannach_gorm

Our goal difference is worse than everyone above us so more than a win off playoffs.
The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 12:38 - Feb 21 with 786 viewsgordon

That's a daft way to do it, points should be allocated for games in hand at the rate each club is winning points (either over the whole season, or the last 10 games or so).
The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 13:20 - Feb 21 with 710 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our game in hand are worth a point generally.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 13:33 - Feb 21 with 687 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So that is a table where , for example, both us and Doncaster win the game against each other! Interesting.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 13:34 - Feb 21 with 680 viewsKropotkin123

I don't understand how you have calculated that. 3 points for every game in hand for every team?

This is what the points per game indicate. Consider our ppg is 1.52, but over the last 10 games we have a 0.9 ppg, which would change the below figure to 43.74, making us 7.26 pts off 6th with a worse goal difference.

1. Lincoln City 60
2. Peterborough United 58.8
-------------------------
3. Doncaster Rovers 54.3
4. Hull City 53.1
5. Portsmouth 51.3
6. Accrington Stanley 51
--------------------------------
7. Sunderland 50.4
8. Oxford United 48.9
9. Blackpool 46.2
10. Ipswich Town 45.6
11. Charlton Athletic 45.6
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 13:57]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 13:42 - Feb 21 with 657 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shout out to the number 3....much underrated!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 13:43 - Feb 21 with 652 viewsKropotkin123

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 13:42 - Feb 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Shout out to the number 3....much underrated!

haha, good spot

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The constant referring to 'games in hand' on 13:55 - Feb 21 with 614 viewsazuremerlangus

Which ever way you crystal ball it it doesn’t make a huge difference to our position.

With 2 matches a week the table is going to firm up pretty quickly - and I cannot see us going on a massive run to improve on ‘being still in the mix’.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024