Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday 09:00 - Feb 23 with 5612 viewsdavblue

Was a bit unsure about spending that amount of money but have been saving quite a bit each month and done it.

Anyone on here have one and use it? Are they worth it?

Any recommendations of classes? Have to wait a couple of months for it to come now due to demand.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:21 - Sep 29 with 671 viewsEwan_Oozami

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:19 - Sep 29 by N2_Blue

Sorry but what runner needs a treadmill...just why?

Running for 5 minutes on a treadmill feels like an hour. Running outside is so much more enjoyable. Are you really that fair-weather!?

5 mins on a treadmill as part of a gym workout i can get, but having one at home and paying that kind of money...i will never understand it.

Peloton now have retail outlets...the end of the world is nigh....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:29 - Sep 29 with 656 viewsTractorWood

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:21 - Sep 29 by Ewan_Oozami

Peloton now have retail outlets...the end of the world is nigh....

Getting a peloton over a wattbike should be a criminal offence.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:33 - Sep 29 with 644 viewsEwan_Oozami

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:29 - Sep 29 by TractorWood

If I did want to be patronised, I'd prefer to be patronised in person by my coach and not some botoxed, gastric-belted robot on a screen....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:37 - Sep 29 with 642 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 09:46 - Feb 23 by bluelagos

Nail on head. You earn it, you save it, you spend it.

Some spend on cars, some on motorbikes, some on golf clubs...others on crack cocaine and Brazilian hookers.

Such is life.

But the planet maaaaan......less stuff now!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 00:03 - Sep 30 with 581 viewsBlueForYou

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 19:29 - Sep 29 by TractorWood

For the uninitiated, what’s the difference between a Peloton & a Wattbike..??
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 00:44 - Sep 30 with 557 viewsstonojnr

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 00:03 - Sep 30 by BlueForYou

a Wattbike is just like an indoor exercise bike, but a very good indoor bike equivalent to your road bike, which you can do your own riding training routines on, or use something like Zwift to make it more interesting, Peloton is like an indoor exercise bike with a interactive touch screen,and a whole bunch of spin classes & motivating shouty instructors to go with it

so its like an indoor bike & gym membership in one, basically if you wanted to get the same feel as gym spin class but at home, go for a Peloton, if you just want to ride a bike indoors to keep fitness up because the weathers a bit rubbish, get a wattbike.

personally I dont think Peloton is the thing to go for if you would describe yourself as a regular cyclist already, because it seems very in that gym market area that its focussed on and succeeds most in, rather than being that alternate winter weather turbo trainer that most regular cyclists would find better suited them to maintain fitness.

but then I never got the appeal of spin classes in gyms anyway
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 06:17 - Sep 30 with 530 viewsBluespeed225

I hate the ads' though.
Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 11:44 - Sep 30 with 480 viewsBlueForYou

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 00:03 - Sep 30 by BlueForYou

Do they have gears like road bikes or a flywheel similar to a spin bike in the gym..?? I used to cycle a huge amount, but a combination of relationship breakup plus moving house a few times has killed the enthusiasm. I had hoped to get back into it having moved back to Suffolk, but failed miserably. Have been thinking of a wattbike as I hate turbo trainers, I have a set of rollers but find you have to be riding a lot to use them properly.
Login to get fewer ads

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 11:58 - Sep 30 with 472 viewsFenland_Blue

Took the plunge on a Peloton bike yesterday on 10:07 - Feb 23 by Wallingford_Boy

I'm a runner and close to buying a peleton treadmill, but the cost is crazy really, so in two minds.

I have a basic spin bike and just watch free classes on YouTube that do the job for me, but then I am not so much into cycling.

I will probably spend c£2k on a treadmill soon, may or may not be peleton, which loads would think is mad, but then I am on it pretty much daily as I am sure you will be on your bike. So if you are going to use it and it gives you pleasure, go for it!

Fitness Superstore is a good company to get a treadmill, brought a commercial quality one for £2k knocked down from £3k, they offer 0% finance as well.

You can try before you buy in-store and they sell ex-display models with over 50% off.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024