Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport 09:29 - Feb 25 with 2641 viewsbluelagos

So we need to do a few things, namely

Encourage people to get vaccinated
Provide safe ways for those vaccinated but still 'reluctant' to venture out to hospitality
Not discrimate against people unable or scared to get vaccinated...

So you are a country pub. Why not put on a "green" day or days where only those with proof of vaccination will be allowed entry. Cinemas coulld do the same for say 1 screen.

If these prove super popular, more days or screens go green. So long as there are days/pubs/screens available for green and non green days, everyone is happy/catered for?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 9:42]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:41 - Feb 25 with 564 viewsElderGrizzly

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:29 - Feb 25 by eireblue

Is this what Israel is essentially trying?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/israel-s-vaccine-passports-could-be-a-model-

Yes and we've awarded a contract for it already.

It is happening here, but we are taking a vaccine OR negative test approach to implementation
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 10:42]
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:43 - Feb 25 with 557 viewsbluelagos

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:29 - Feb 25 by eireblue

Is this what Israel is essentially trying?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/israel-s-vaccine-passports-could-be-a-model-

I thought the Israeli model was compulsory for shops etc?

Which I would have a huge issue with.

Also if they rely on 4g type phones, you would be excluding a fair chunk of oldies too for no reason other than they are not good with technology.

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:47 - Feb 25 with 547 viewsbluelagos

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:41 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Yes and we've awarded a contract for it already.

It is happening here, but we are taking a vaccine OR negative test approach to implementation
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 10:42]

So would the negative test need to be done within a set time? And who would pay for it? Any idea of the likely cost?

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:48 - Feb 25 with 541 viewsElderGrizzly

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:43 - Feb 25 by bluelagos

Also if they rely on 4g type phones, you would be excluding a fair chunk of oldies too for no reason other than they are not good with technology.

China have a similar model in proving negative tests.

You have to scan your QR code on a reader before you enter most public locations.

Sadly, we are going to see things that people see as an 'imposition' to allow the economy to open up more freely. Otherwise we will simply have extended lockdowns.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 10:51]
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:50 - Feb 25 with 524 viewschicoazul

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:48 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

You have to scan your QR code on a reader before you enter most public locations.

Sadly, we are going to see things that people see as an 'imposition' to allow the economy to open up more freely. Otherwise we will simply have extended lockdowns.

We should definitely be more like China and Israel.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:52 - Feb 25 with 520 viewsElderGrizzly

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:50 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

We should definitely be more like China and Israel.

Not what I said, more that the technology to do this is already there.

As I said, we've already awarded the contract to deliver this so it is happening.
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:55 - Feb 25 with 516 viewsElderGrizzly

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:47 - Feb 25 by bluelagos

So would the negative test need to be done within a set time? And who would pay for it? Any idea of the likely cost?

Normally the results have to be within 3 days, if they follow the travel approach.

Rules haven't been decided yet. And yes, cost is still to be determined too. Likelihood is access to the Lateral Flow Tests will be free or very cheap depending on the model the Government takes.

At one point they were proposing sending the tests to every household as part of the opening.
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:56 - Feb 25 with 508 viewschicoazul

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:52 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

Not what I said, more that the technology to do this is already there.

As I said, we've already awarded the contract to deliver this so it is happening.

We can all tell how delighted you are.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:57 - Feb 25 with 505 viewsStokieBlue

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:27 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

Very simply, vaccine passports are discriminatory. This is a simple fact. I don’t know why anyone struggles with this. It is by now well established which groups of people are not getting vaccinated and it includes some of the poorest most disadvantaged members of society along with people of colour & people who have religious and cultural objections to having it. So let’s make those people pariahs and not let them have access to the things we enjoy as a free and prosperous society? Please.
Or we could just call those people stupid and laugh at them over our dinner party tables. That’s worked really well recently.
I am vaccinated but any commercial place retailer cinema pub or whatever in three months that demands I show my papers to enter can fuggin do one.

Nobody is denying that the groups you have cited are showing a lower take-up of the vaccine.

Given this, surely the thing to do is address the reasons why they are refusing the vaccination? As per Guthrums post, no senior religious leaders are telling people not to be vaccinated so I am still unsure what religious reasons you keep citing?

For the record I've not be vaccinated and won't be for a while and as I said, am not sure about the idea of passports. The debate should be had though otherwise restrictions could be around for a lot longer and you might not have any cinemas (your example) left to visit. I am not sure labelling them racist and classist is actually having a debate though.

For instance, someone posted on here the other day that some care home residents are refusing to be seen by staff who are not vaccinated. What happens in these cases? Is that discriminatory against the staff or do the residents have the right to request to only see people who have been vaccinated given the risk to them?

There is still risk in opening up everything with people indoors in close quarters where some haven't been vaccinated (especially with the B117 variant). The debate is around what level of risk is acceptable and whether those vaccination should have to face the risk.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 11:03 - Feb 25 with 497 viewsbluelagos

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:48 - Feb 25 by ElderGrizzly

The problem with your assertion is that neither vaccines or negative tests are 100% accurate or effective, far from it.

We will need to live with CV and that will mean some people need to accept there is a risk involved in doing xyz and others that there will be new ways of doing things.

And I dont think it reasonable that the whole country should change their habits due to the fears of others. We dont ban Marathon bars because some people could die if they eat them. We dont ban motorbikes because some innocent people die due to how some people ride.

Life is all about risk and the fears that many have shouldnt be what leads our decision making. Of course we need to protect the vulnerable, though.

So my dad is clearly vulnerable to Cv. He has been vaccinated. But I quite like the idea of a CV secure pub day. But I wouldnt want that by banning all CV refusniks from the pub. But having a day where he can still visit...

You know what fiik what I think. I just cant see a solution that respects our rights, is non discriminatory and that protects our most vulnerable...

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 11:07 - Feb 25 with 493 viewseireblue

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:43 - Feb 25 by bluelagos

It doesn’t appear to apply to shops.

It seems to be used for venues where transmission is likely to be higher.

It is an interesting “balance”.

Whilst there isn’t herd immunity and a level transmission that can’t be controlled by track and trace, and while vaccines are not freely available to all, the Government still have responsibilities to protect citizens.

It could keep restrictions very strict, until it is possible to ease for all, or allow a gradual easing based on a risk model. People that have been vaccinated are at less risk. But people that haven’t yet been vaccinated won’t be. So seems to me a libertarian approach could be why restricted the freedom of some people for any longer than is necessary.

I would imagine that if all vegans said, we are not getting a vaccine because we don’t trust what the Government states about the vaccine, all meat eaters would not be prevented from going to gyms.
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 11:09 - Feb 25 with 486 viewsElderGrizzly

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:56 - Feb 25 by chicoazul

We can all tell how delighted you are.

I'm pleased if it keeps down infections and less people die.

Sorry if that is a bad thing.
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 11:14 - Feb 25 with 477 viewsElderGrizzly

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 11:03 - Feb 25 by bluelagos

The problem with your assertion is that neither vaccines or negative tests are 100% accurate or effective, far from it.

We will need to live with CV and that will mean some people need to accept there is a risk involved in doing xyz and others that there will be new ways of doing things.

And I dont think it reasonable that the whole country should change their habits due to the fears of others. We dont ban Marathon bars because some people could die if they eat them. We dont ban motorbikes because some innocent people die due to how some people ride.

Life is all about risk and the fears that many have shouldnt be what leads our decision making. Of course we need to protect the vulnerable, though.

So my dad is clearly vulnerable to Cv. He has been vaccinated. But I quite like the idea of a CV secure pub day. But I wouldnt want that by banning all CV refusniks from the pub. But having a day where he can still visit...

You know what fiik what I think. I just cant see a solution that respects our rights, is non discriminatory and that protects our most vulnerable...

I agree with you, nothing is 100% on vaccine or test but it is better than having nothing.

There is no good answer here, there is one that protects the lives of the many. That is all the Government can do sadly until we have this under control to a point where the levels of death is 'acceptable'. I'm definitely not a "zero covid" guy, i'm a we need to live with this like flu or measles type of guy.

On your nut/bike analogy, I can decide not to eat those or ride a bike. I can't decide not to get infected by an airborne virus from someone who doesn't believe it is real or won't take precautions to protect others.
Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 13:18 - Feb 25 with 458 viewsfactual_blue

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 09:56 - Feb 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

First they came for the stupid!

...and that solved all the problems....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 23:26 - Feb 25 with 423 viewschicoazul

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 10:36 - Feb 25 by bluelagos

I am struggling to argue with that tbh.

Sorry accidentally down voted this!

Lagos' solution to the vaccine passport on 23:32 - Feb 25 with 422 viewsJ2BLUE

Quite like the green day ideas.

I'm still not sold on this idea that people who choose not to get vaccinated for non medical reasons should have the right to go anywhere and do anything though. They are putting everyone at risk.

You love your freedom BL, you love to do things. Someone unvaccinated could provide the mutation which puts us all back into lockdown.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024