Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil 19:39 - Feb 26 with 5242 viewssaffers12

What's the point of the club's statement?
Phil on 19:41 - Feb 26 with 4560 viewsSwansea_Blue

Much like the rest of the statements that have come from the club since he took over (3 is it, maybe 4) it's probably balls.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Phil on 19:47 - Feb 26 with 4464 viewsPhilTWTD

If it's anything more than something just to fill a space - and I know they've been umming and ahhing about saying something this afternoon - I'm guessing that Marcus is probably making a point to the interested parties that it's not done yet.
Phil on 19:49 - Feb 26 with 4367 viewssaffers12

Phil on 19:47 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

If it's anything more than something just to fill a space - and I know they've been umming and ahhing about saying something this afternoon - I'm guessing that Marcus is probably making a point to the interested parties that it's not done yet.

Thanks Phil, so I can carry on drinking?
Phil on 19:50 - Feb 26 with 4316 viewsSwansea_Blue

Phil on 19:49 - Feb 26 by saffers12

For sure. By far the best way to deal with this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Phil on 19:50 - Feb 26 with 4336 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 19:49 - Feb 26 by saffers12

Or Marcus hasn't decided whether he's going to accept the offer of course. If there was nothing happening, then you'd assume that given the widespread nature of the reports they'd issue something to say as much.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Phil on 20:05 - Feb 26 with 4009 viewsJermynblue

Phil on 19:47 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

I agree with the press release possibly being used as a negotiation tool, but also wondered if the intended audience might have been the fans too. Marcus has always said that he would be careful who he would sell the club to and also I believe in the past mentioned something along the lines of being a custodian. Therefore in making this statement he is confirming to the fans that he is not proactively looking to sell the club and does still care who the potential new owner might be. In addition, whilst the negotiations continue he intends to try to focus on getting the club promoted (although many of us feel that this might be hard to achieve this season) and if the deal breaks down or he feels is not right, then he will continue to financially support the club in future seasons too until someone else comes along that he feels is appropriate to do a deal with. Therefore I think it is to reassure us that he does not intend to walk away or seek an exit at all costs. Whilst I do not know Marcus Evans personally I do feel that this image does matter to him.

But then again I might be wrong.
Phil on 20:06 - Feb 26 with 3977 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Phil on 19:50 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Or Marcus hasn't decided whether he's going to accept the offer of course. If there was nothing happening, then you'd assume that given the widespread nature of the reports they'd issue something to say as much.

Yeah my first thought was he hasn't denied any of the rumours. Saying he's not touting the club around isn't saying anything really. No one accused him of such. And anyway, if he has a buyer lined up then he has no need to tout the club around!

It's a bit of an odd statement, but then most of them are in recent times. Like you say, could well be a message to the potential buyers that they need to be fit and proper (or he's making it look like that's what he was after, to cover his ass if it all goes t!ts up).

In fact it's not much more than he's said in the past.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Phil on 20:08 - Feb 26 with 3920 viewsBryanPlug

Phil on 20:05 - Feb 26 by Jermynblue

I agree with the press release possibly being used as a negotiation tool, but also wondered if the intended audience might have been the fans too. Marcus has always said that he would be careful who he would sell the club to and also I believe in the past mentioned something along the lines of being a custodian. Therefore in making this statement he is confirming to the fans that he is not proactively looking to sell the club and does still care who the potential new owner might be. In addition, whilst the negotiations continue he intends to try to focus on getting the club promoted (although many of us feel that this might be hard to achieve this season) and if the deal breaks down or he feels is not right, then he will continue to financially support the club in future seasons too until someone else comes along that he feels is appropriate to do a deal with. Therefore I think it is to reassure us that he does not intend to walk away or seek an exit at all costs. Whilst I do not know Marcus Evans personally I do feel that this image does matter to him.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Phil on 20:13 - Feb 26 with 3839 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 20:05 - Feb 26 by Jermynblue

Sounds reasonable to me. Also any other interested parties - of which I know there have been some in the recent past - will know the deal's not done yet and they've still got a chance to buy the club if they want it.

Phil on 20:15 - Feb 26 with 3768 viewsPJH

Phil on 20:13 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Sounds reasonable to me. Also any other interested parties - of which I know there have been some in the recent past - will know the deal's not done yet and they've still got a chance to buy the club if they want it.

So my offer has not yet been rejected?
Phil on 20:18 - Feb 26 with 3706 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 20:15 - Feb 26 by PJH

So my offer has not yet been rejected?

You're still in with a shout. I take it I'm still a shoo-in for the director of communications role?
Phil on 20:19 - Feb 26 with 3658 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 20:08 - Feb 26 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Yes, and it is a reiteration of Evans's previous comments.
Phil on 20:21 - Feb 26 with 3574 viewshype313

Phil on 20:19 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Yes, and it is a reiteration of Evans's previous comments.

Do you think they are trying to flush out other interested parties?

£17m is absolute peanuts in football terms, would buy you one leg of an average PL Striker.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil on 20:22 - Feb 26 with 3568 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil on 20:18 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

You're still in with a shout. I take it I'm still a shoo-in for the director of communications role?

About that..we feel your talents are more suited to playing the role of our new mascot...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil on 20:22 - Feb 26 with 3535 viewsPJH

Of course and hoppy in charge of hospitality and Lucan in charge of rail travel to away games.
Phil on 20:28 - Feb 26 with 3416 viewsBLUEBEAT

Phil on 20:22 - Feb 26 by PJH

Of course and hoppy in charge of hospitality and Lucan in charge of rail travel to away games.

Can I play records at half time?

Poll: W or W

Phil on 20:29 - Feb 26 with 3394 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 20:22 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

About that..we feel your talents are more suited to playing the role of our new mascot...

I'm not sure I'm qualified for something as skilled as that.
Phil on 20:29 - Feb 26 with 3372 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 20:21 - Feb 26 by hype313

Do you think they are trying to flush out other interested parties?

£17m is absolute peanuts in football terms, would buy you one leg of an average PL Striker.

That's not the price I - and others - have heard. £30m was the figure I've heard mentioned.
Phil on 20:34 - Feb 26 with 3279 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

That's a lot of money just to get back in the pressers Phil

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Phil on 20:36 - Feb 26 with 3243 viewshype313

Phil on 20:29 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

That's not the price I - and others - have heard. £30m was the figure I've heard mentioned.

Hmm, even so, still quite a snip, I say snip, it's a colossal amount of money, but in football terms it's quite low, especially with the potential rewards on offer.

Would love to know what the strong words between Lambert and Evans consisted of. Perhaps we will find out in time.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil on 20:43 - Feb 26 with 3146 viewsElderGrizzly

Phil on 20:36 - Feb 26 by hype313

Hmm, even so, still quite a snip, I say snip, it's a colossal amount of money, but in football terms it's quite low, especially with the potential rewards on offer.

Would love to know what the strong words between Lambert and Evans consisted of. Perhaps we will find out in time.

Is it a snip? Sunderland were bought for £23m I believe and they own their stadium and the ground it sits on.

Not sure on their debt situation though
Phil on 20:58 - Feb 26 with 2958 viewsPJH

Phil on 20:28 - Feb 26 by BLUEBEAT

Can I play records at half time?

Yes, but I of course choose which records you play.
Phil on 21:24 - Feb 26 with 2767 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 20:43 - Feb 26 by ElderGrizzly

Is it a snip? Sunderland were bought for £23m I believe and they own their stadium and the ground it sits on.

Not sure on their debt situation though

It is in Sunderland though.
Phil on 21:25 - Feb 26 with 2735 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Phil on 21:24 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

It is in Sunderland though.

And they also had an owner desperate to get out.
Phil on 21:43 - Feb 26 with 2543 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil on 21:25 - Feb 26 by PrideOfTheEast

And they also had an owner desperate to get out.

While Marcus isn't "actively looking to sell".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024