Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current staff then... stay or go? 00:32 - Feb 27 with 1502 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Taylor - Go

Gill - Go although I remember others suggesting before that he might stay after PL goes

Jimmy walker - Stay as he seems to have some passion at least

Dyer / Butcher / Klug - Stay

Jim Henry / Matt Byard - Our sport science and conditioning clearly needs an overhaul so go, if we can find anyone better

Dave Bowman - Not entirely sure what he does these days so I suspect he’ll be replaced for someone with a connection to the club to help get fans back on side

Lee O’Neil - Tricky one as he’s effectively had a thankless task as Evans’ puppet. Suspect he’ll move on but wouldn’t be adverse to him having some sort of role albeit I’m not sure what!

I’d probably have said the same to most of those to be honest, even if we were only looking at a change of manager!
Current staff then... stay or go? on 00:57 - Feb 27 with 1408 views3_5_2

Get Miles back in some capacity.

Huge mistake letting him go

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Current staff then... stay or go? on 07:24 - Feb 27 with 1142 viewshype313

Think a few will go as they obviously will want thier own people in place, Dyer, Klug and Butcher will probably stay as they will want continuity with the youth.

Where this leaves LON is anyone's guess, to be fair to him, he has done some decent things, but he has had to spin a number of plates in his capacity. He might want a break and re charge.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:04 - Feb 27 with 988 viewsKieran_Knows

I suspect Taylor will go. Gill and Walker are on rolling 1 year contracts, so will be interesting to see what happens with them (I’m not sure if Cook has his own goalkeeping coach).

O’Neill to go surely, if the new owners already have a CEO, DoF and Commercial Director lined up, I don’t see room for O’Neill.

Bowman will go I presume as well, as above.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:08 - Feb 27 with 962 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:09 - Feb 27 with 955 viewsGeorge03

Current staff then... stay or go? on 07:24 - Feb 27 by hype313

Think a few will go as they obviously will want thier own people in place, Dyer, Klug and Butcher will probably stay as they will want continuity with the youth.

Where this leaves LON is anyone's guess, to be fair to him, he has done some decent things, but he has had to spin a number of plates in his capacity. He might want a break and re charge.

He might go back to his academy role. Am I right in saying he was still doing that alongside his current role as director of football operations.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2021 8:25]
Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:11 - Feb 27 with 947 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Will be big changes inevitably.

Would expect the first team coaching staff to go with Lambert and Cook will bring in his own. Off the pitch would seem likely that that the back office functions will be replaced (potentially club secretary, finance person) and then for somebody like Lee I expect they’ll take a look and decide. He won’t be doing a million jobs so maybe they’ll deem him too expensive to just do one.
Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:14 - Feb 27 with 920 viewsBeckets

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:04 - Feb 27 by Kieran_Knows

I suspect Taylor will go. Gill and Walker are on rolling 1 year contracts, so will be interesting to see what happens with them (I’m not sure if Cook has his own goalkeeping coach).

O’Neill to go surely, if the new owners already have a CEO, DoF and Commercial Director lined up, I don’t see room for O’Neill.

Bowman will go I presume as well, as above.

I think Nick Colgan is his usual goalkeeping coach.
Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:19 - Feb 27 with 877 viewsChurchman

Current staff then... stay or go? on 07:24 - Feb 27 by hype313

Keep Dyer, Klug and Butcher, ditch the rest.

If it was me, the first thing after replacing PL would be to decide what they want the club to be and put a proper infrastructure in place with people who fit to achieve that. Foundations. From the outside looking in I’ve had a sense that it’s been a disconnected, unprofessional, unhappy organisation for many years. Soulless and rudderless. The complete opposite to Leicester City and dare I say it, Norwich.

There are people currently working there and outside it old enough to know what the club could be at its best - which is better than half way down the 3rd division or 15th in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:31 - Feb 27 with 819 viewsEdmundo

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:19 - Feb 27 by Churchman

If it was me, the first thing after replacing PL would be to decide what they want the club to be and put a proper infrastructure in place with people who fit to achieve that. Foundations. From the outside looking in I’ve had a sense that it’s been a disconnected, unprofessional, unhappy organisation for many years. Soulless and rudderless. The complete opposite to Leicester City and dare I say it, Norwich.

There are people currently working there and outside it old enough to know what the club could be at its best - which is better than half way down the 3rd division or 15th in the Championship.

Three strands of the club that need an overhaul imo: conditioning/injury management, scouting and community relations.
The Academy is great, but needs help to get to Cat 1 so we can sustain any Champ/Prem ambitions.
Otherwise as previous posters have said, we need people with a blend of passion for ITFC and good skills to actually get the job done.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Current staff then... stay or go? on 09:03 - Feb 27 with 729 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:19 - Feb 27 by Churchman

Agree that deciding what they want the club to be will be key. Some of that will depend how quickly they want to see a rent on their investment.... I.e. do they want to properly support the academy and wait 5-6 years to see the benefits or do they want to try and copy a Brentford type model of investing in top class scouting capabilities to bring in players that can be sold on for a high price in a season or two. We’ve certainly done neither of those things for the last 10 years or so with any consistency....
Current staff then... stay or go? on 09:07 - Feb 27 with 709 viewsBryanPlug

Current staff then... stay or go? on 08:31 - Feb 27 by Edmundo

Three strands of the club that need an overhaul imo: conditioning/injury management, scouting and community relations.
The Academy is great, but needs help to get to Cat 1 so we can sustain any Champ/Prem ambitions.
Otherwise as previous posters have said, we need people with a blend of passion for ITFC and good skills to actually get the job done.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Current staff then... stay or go? on 09:52 - Feb 27 with 597 viewsitfcjoe

The background staff is so skeletal in the first instance will be adding people in senior roles to complete an overview of it I'd guess....

Lee O'Neill the tricky one though - but ultimately in the short term we need an Academy Manager for EPPP purposes and he is the only one in house who can do that which should protect him in the short term

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024