Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would prefer the cowleys 07:29 - Mar 1 with 2000 viewsnodge_blue

I think his positivity, planning, motivation and enthusiasm shines through.

If Cook does prefer 1 up front then we will be ground hog day at least until he can recruit.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:37 - Mar 1 with 301 viewsParky

I don’t get the “1 up front is Groundhog Day” opinion. We’ve just won our last 2 playing with 1 upfront. (Parrott definitely isn’t playing upfront).

Just because it hasn’t worked under Lambert, doesn’t mean it won’t work with whoever comes in. I watched Wigan a few times under Paul Cook and they looked absolutely superb for a club that were in the mud, financially.

We have Norwood, Jackson, Sears, Parrott, Drinan, Hawkins as options for upfront; I think any manager in this league would lick their lips at getting them firing in this division.

We’ve just endured two and a half years watching Ipswich in the lowest we’ve ever been in our history. Be excited that we’ve got a fresh start incoming with new ideas and if it is Cook, someone that has proven they are capable of winning promotion.
I would prefer the cowleys on 09:43 - Mar 1 with 283 viewsnodge_blue

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:10 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Even discounting Sears and Jackson, which I don't agree with, we still have tons of wide options.

Woolfenden hasn't been playing great, but I don't think playing alongside McGuiness has done him any favours and there's clearly been some friction with Lambert going all the way back to preseason as well. He was largely very good last season.

I'm also not sure why you think we have to have ball playing CBs to play 4-2-3-1 but not to play other formations that use a flat back 4?

Having ball playing centre backs never hurts in my opinion. It was less about the system and more about the instructions to play it simple that suited us at the moment.

Clearly on Saturday we didnt try anything fancy at centre back. It was defend and clear it. There is a difference between that and asking players to pass out from the back?

Its not what I want to see long term but we started to play off Norwood and play in their half.

You need to adapt the system to the squad. Mills has said as much and I agree.

Im not trying to pick any arguments with anyone here. I think right now Id prefer the Cowleys. Its a gut feeling.

Plus Pauls do not have a good track record!

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:47 - Mar 1 with 258 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'd prefer my wife to be Kate Winslet but its not going to happen is it?

Why are people so hung up about systems? Plenty of managers play 1 up top and get goals from all over the park. Its was the coaching and tactics that were making us poor, not the system.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:54 - Mar 1 with 249 viewsMrTown

I would prefer the cowleys on 08:41 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Do one.

“Dry your knickers, flower.“

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:56 - Mar 1 with 240 viewsMrTown

Paul Cook - honest as the days long, really good football manager, titles have been won in the lower league, top man manager.

*I also think the Cowleys are really good managers.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I would prefer the cowleys on 10:01 - Mar 1 with 218 viewsmrfixit426

I would prefer the cowleys on 07:46 - Mar 1 by ITFCed

The Cowleys are glorified PE teachers, it says a lot that when they got to a club with good facilities like Huddersfield that they were out of their depth and it would happen again at Ipswich

Wrong on every account.
I would prefer the cowleys on 10:06 - Mar 1 with 215 viewsOsborneOneNil

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:07 - Mar 1 by StokieBlue

I'm not really sure Bennetts is playing RM at the moment.

We are virtually playing 4-2-3-1 with Parrot, Judge and Bennetts in behind Norwood but with more fluid changing of positions. I believe Cook allows the 3 to attack and swap whereas Lambert essentially made them midfields which made all his formations 5 in midfield and 1 up front rather than 3 attacking mids with less defensive responsibilities.

SB

Yeah spot on. Lambert had our striker isolated, with the 3 behind quite rigid. Playing it effectively allows the 3 behind to swap positions and properly join the striker. It’s not about 2 staying wide.

Check out Spurs, Leicester etc.
I would prefer the cowleys on 10:33 - Mar 1 with 196 viewsHerbivore

I would prefer the cowleys on 09:43 - Mar 1 by nodge_blue

Having ball playing centre backs never hurts in my opinion. It was less about the system and more about the instructions to play it simple that suited us at the moment.

Clearly on Saturday we didnt try anything fancy at centre back. It was defend and clear it. There is a difference between that and asking players to pass out from the back?

Its not what I want to see long term but we started to play off Norwood and play in their half.

You need to adapt the system to the squad. Mills has said as much and I agree.

Im not trying to pick any arguments with anyone here. I think right now Id prefer the Cowleys. Its a gut feeling.

Plus Pauls do not have a good track record!

All fair points mate, not looking to argue either, just a reasonable exchange of views. For what it's worth I'd be fine with the Cowleys. In fact I don't have a hugely strong preference between them and Cook as I think they're both strong candidates.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024