Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me 09:34 - Mar 1 with 1081 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Either the takeover is VERY close ...or it's not happening.
If the consortium are paying him off then the deal must be virtually done.
If it's Evans, why? Why would he use his own money to pay off Lambert when the new consortium will decide to keep the manager or get a new one? Unless that's not happening.

I'm also intrigued as to the "significant differences of opinion as to the order of immediate priorities." What does this mean? Something to do with the takeover... or the priority of promotion (surely Lambert wouldn't have a problem with that?!)

I guess we'll have answers to all these questions in the fullness of time, btu the not knowing and waiting is hard. I've even had a worried mate text me this morning saying the only brilliant news that can top Lambert going is the takeover falling through! I can understand people's concerns, but to want it to fall through before we even know the details is madness. We've only heard rumours so far - the journalists covering this can't even agree on the price.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:35 - Mar 1 with 1050 viewsKieran_Knows

It's been reported the takeover could go through this week, so I would suggest it is that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:40 - Mar 1 with 995 viewshype313

Nick Ames in the Guardian saying takeover could happen by the end of the week.

So not really odd if that's the case.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:41 - Mar 1 with 976 viewsSouperJim

I assume that any settlement Lambert is due will a) be paid by ITFC, not come straight out of Evans bank account and b) not be due immediately. Probably even c) is yet to be negotiated, which given Lambert's track record, could drag on for some time.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 9:42]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:50 - Mar 1 with 905 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:41 - Mar 1 by SouperJim

I assume that any settlement Lambert is due will a) be paid by ITFC, not come straight out of Evans bank account and b) not be due immediately. Probably even c) is yet to be negotiated, which given Lambert's track record, could drag on for some time.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 9:42]

Ah good points (and good points from the other two responders - I hadn't read it could be happening by the end of the week).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:52 - Mar 1 with 879 viewsgordon

The settlement will be paid by ITFC, not Marcus Evans.
This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:53 - Mar 1 with 863 viewsDarth_Koont

I can’t imagine that Lambert was going to be kept on as manager by the new owners (or ultimately by Evans) so it would make sense even during negotiations to make the change. It’s in both Evans’s and the consortium’s best interests to be in touching distance of the play-offs when this goes through.

Pronouns: He/Him

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 09:57 - Mar 1 with 820 viewsParsley

It does seem odd, of all the times that Lambert could have been sacked over the past couple of years for it to come after a couple of wins and before the takeover is completed. My thought is that Evans had decided that Lambert had to go whether the takeover now goes through or not. Suggestions are that Gill and Walker were more involved with team selection and managing the team over the last few games so maybe that's why the decision was made that we're better off with them as caretakers than keeping Lambert on as a lame duck.
This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 10:00 - Mar 1 with 776 viewsDennyx4

May also link with the team travelling up to Accrington today.
Login to get fewer ads

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 10:50 - Mar 1 with 658 viewseireblue

This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 10:00 - Mar 1 by Dennyx4

May also link with the team travelling up to Accrington today.

Yea, PL probably prefers to stay home with his family rather than just sit on the bench watching Matt Gill do all the work.
This might've been covered - but the timing of this sacking seems odd to me on 10:51 - Mar 1 with 641 viewsSwansea_Blue

It sounds like discussions have got far enough, and it's looking certain enough, that they're all happy to put the new structure in place I suspect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024