Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! 09:15 - Mar 17 with 2167 viewsWallingford_Boy

Games left are a lot harder than they appear on paper, relegation race is wide open!

I said when Cook was appointed 8th for us and rebuild in the summer (Evans will have to back him) and see how he goes next year with his own team.

The one he has inherited is nowhere near good enough.

Anyway, football eh?! Have a good Wednesday all.

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 12:19 - Mar 17 with 327 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:43 - Mar 17 by Herbivore

I imagine most players see us as a big club at this level that pays decent wages. Norwood came here ahead of offers from the Championship on that basis. We won't have an issue attracting players in the summer.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 10:44]

If the analysis, which has gone quiet of late, is that many clubs will try and trim budgets with a resultant surfeit of players on the market (and players still with clubs but unhappy with the deals that are being offered to them) then there will be plenty of players to attract and they will all be looking for a secure contract. The question is 'Will we be able to sign the players that we need?'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 12:46 - Mar 17 with 316 viewsHerbivore

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 12:19 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

If the analysis, which has gone quiet of late, is that many clubs will try and trim budgets with a resultant surfeit of players on the market (and players still with clubs but unhappy with the deals that are being offered to them) then there will be plenty of players to attract and they will all be looking for a secure contract. The question is 'Will we be able to sign the players that we need?'

I would hope so. I trust Paul Cook based on his track record to build an effective team and squad. Given the state of the game at this level, even with Evans in charge we have a fairly decent advantage over most of our rivals when it comes to being able to attract players.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 13:03 - Mar 17 with 294 viewsBseaBlue

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 10:56 - Mar 17 by textbackup

what we saying, we need 75 points to make the PO?

based on that we need another 21 points, from the remaining 36 up for grabs.

are we really capable of 7 wins from 12? or 5 wins and 6 draws?

I don't see it personally

I said before that regardless of who we are playing, we just don't have enough goals in us.
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 13:41 - Mar 17 with 275 viewsnoggin

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 13:03 - Mar 17 by BseaBlue

I said before that regardless of who we are playing, we just don't have enough goals in us.

Goals have to be created, unfortunately for us.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 17:45 - Mar 17 with 236 viewsstonojnr

12 games 36 points on offer.

need to get roughly 75pts to hit 6th. Town have 54pts, so we need 21pts more, means 7 wins from 12. or Town can really only afford to lose 5more games.

so are the playoffs doable ? obviously, is it likely...? see where we are after Easter.
Anyone still fancy us for the play offs?! on 19:16 - Mar 17 with 194 viewsjayessess

Well, we're 6th on points per game now, so all we've got to do really is continue accumulating points at the same rate?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024