Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth is key game 02:32 - Mar 18 with 1595 viewsstiff_talking

Looking at run in of Blackpool, Charlton, Portsmouth and Ipswich this Portsmouth game is critical

Blackpool and Charlton have awful schedules

Portsmouth are like us

We beat them this weekend we would be 5 points clear
Portsmouth is key game on 02:46 - Mar 18 with 1556 viewschrismakin

Sadly, every game is a cup final for us, and I just don't see this squad having enough about it

I have about 5 different versions of a starting 11, not 1 of them actually fills me with confidence of getting 3 points.

I would like to see Ward back in for Kenlock ( after a rest, Ward maybe back to his earlier season form which was solid enough)

Skuse can not be anywhere near the starting 11.

So my final final choice of a starting 11 which I think would be our best bet for 3 points

Holy
Chambers, Toto, Wilson, Ward
Wolfenden
Bishop
Bennetts Dozzell Judge
Norwood

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Portsmouth is key game on 03:22 - Mar 18 with 1527 viewsstiff_talking

Portsmouth is key game on 02:46 - Mar 18 by chrismakin

Sadly, every game is a cup final for us, and I just don't see this squad having enough about it

I have about 5 different versions of a starting 11, not 1 of them actually fills me with confidence of getting 3 points.

I would like to see Ward back in for Kenlock ( after a rest, Ward maybe back to his earlier season form which was solid enough)

So my final final choice of a starting 11 which I think would be our best bet for 3 points

Holy
Wolfenden
Bishop
Bennetts Dozzell Judge
Norwood

2 in midfield is not enough. We need 3
Portsmouth is key game on 06:27 - Mar 18 with 1472 viewsbluejacko

They are all key games and what happens to these’players’ under pressure?
They jack it in 🤬
Portsmouth is key game on 06:34 - Mar 18 with 1469 viewsChrisd

I don’t think it really matters about the schedule of other sides, I look at our own squad and are they capable of getting the job done? Look how they have reacted since PC’s appointment, there’s been little difference from when PL was here performance wise. The two defeats against Fleetwood and Gillingham shows if we make the top 6 it would be a huge surprise, well to me it would. We might be 7th currently with a couple of games in hand on Charlton, but are we likely to win those games, do we look a top 6 side or play like one? Sadly, the answer for all those questions is no.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 7:26]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Part of the issue on 08:10 - Mar 18 with 1358 viewsGuthrum

is that, because it is mid-March, everybody is thinking in terms of a normal season, which would almost be over by now.

But because of the late start and postponed matches, we're not even three-quarters of the way through yet. There's still a lot of games for things to happen.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Portsmouth is key game on 10:30 - Mar 18 with 1251 viewsOldsmoker

Holy
Wolfenden
Bishop
Bennetts Dozzell Judge
Norwood

Hull are organised and are capable of winning games regardless of the opposition.
Peterboro have a settled side and Toney.
Sunderland have kicked on since Lee Johnson took over.

For me, that means 4th is our best hope.

Lincoln and Doncaster are wobbling but I expect Charlton, Oxford, Gillingham and Portsmouth to kick on.

We do have an easy run in on paper but we have lost games against these sides for nothing more than conceding the first goal. When the other team scores first we never seem to get anything from games and that is not the track record of champions.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Portsmouth is key game on 10:32 - Mar 18 with 1242 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Portsmouth is key game on 06:34 - Mar 18 by Chrisd

I don’t think it really matters about the schedule of other sides, I look at our own squad and are they capable of getting the job done? Look how they have reacted since PC’s appointment, there’s been little difference from when PL was here performance wise. The two defeats against Fleetwood and Gillingham shows if we make the top 6 it would be a huge surprise, well to me it would. We might be 7th currently with a couple of games in hand on Charlton, but are we likely to win those games, do we look a top 6 side or play like one? Sadly, the answer for all those questions is no.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 7:26]

We were told all season that a managerial change would fix things though?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Portsmouth is key game on 11:26 - Mar 18 with 1189 viewsPinewoodblue

Holy
Wolfenden
Bishop
Bennetts Dozzell Judge
Norwood

Trouble is we know how our players approach cup games. This gives us no chance of ever making a final.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth is key game on 11:33 - Mar 18 with 1176 viewsWallingford_Boy

Pompey have a big boost with the Cowleys coming in now, expect them to kick on.

Oxford have a good side, would expect them to be in the top six.

Can't see Charlton, Doncaster, Blackpool, etc staying up there.

Sunderland and Peterboro stand outs for me in this league.

Play offs Oxford, Lincoln, Hull and Pompey.

Us to be around 8th/9th, probably behind Doncaster and Charlton.

RIP Sir Bobby

Portsmouth is key game on 17:16 - Mar 18 with 1069 viewsLancsBlue

Portsmouth is key game on 10:30 - Mar 18 by Oldsmoker

Hull are organised and are capable of winning games regardless of the opposition.
Peterboro have a settled side and Toney.
Sunderland have kicked on since Lee Johnson took over.

For me, that means 4th is our best hope.

Lincoln and Doncaster are wobbling but I expect Charlton, Oxford, Gillingham and Portsmouth to kick on.

We do have an easy run in on paper but we have lost games against these sides for nothing more than conceding the first goal. When the other team scores first we never seem to get anything from games and that is not the track record of champions.

Would that be the Ivan Toney that has been knocking them in for Brentford all season?

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Portsmouth is key game on 18:33 - Mar 18 with 1007 viewsjayessess

Portsmouth is key game on 11:33 - Mar 18 by Wallingford_Boy

Pompey have a big boost with the Cowleys coming in now, expect them to kick on.

Oxford have a good side, would expect them to be in the top six.

Can't see Charlton, Doncaster, Blackpool, etc staying up there.

Sunderland and Peterboro stand outs for me in this league.

Play offs Oxford, Lincoln, Hull and Pompey.

Us to be around 8th/9th, probably behind Doncaster and Charlton.

I see no reason why the team 6th on PPG shouldn't ultimately finish at least 6th.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Portsmouth is key game on 18:40 - Mar 18 with 996 viewsParky

Holy
Wolfenden
Bishop
Bennetts Dozzell Judge
Norwood

Woolf in CDM? Can’t be much worse than our midfield Tuesday I guess.
Portsmouth is key game on 18:48 - Mar 18 with 987 viewsjayessess

Portsmouth is key game on 18:40 - Mar 18 by Parky

Woolf in CDM? Can’t be much worse than our midfield Tuesday I guess.

It's a bit of a strange reaction to Tuesday, I think? It wasn't like Fleetwood passed us to death and we needed a tough-tackling midfielder to break up their play. It's just that they just cut off every avenue we had to get out of our half until we cracked and started giving the ball away constantly.

Even if we can make a passable CDM out of Woolfenden, I don't really see how he helps with what went wrong on Tuesday.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Portsmouth is key game on 19:04 - Mar 18 with 974 viewsChrisd

Portsmouth is key game on 18:48 - Mar 18 by jayessess

It's a bit of a strange reaction to Tuesday, I think? It wasn't like Fleetwood passed us to death and we needed a tough-tackling midfielder to break up their play. It's just that they just cut off every avenue we had to get out of our half until we cracked and started giving the ball away constantly.

Even if we can make a passable CDM out of Woolfenden, I don't really see how he helps with what went wrong on Tuesday.

Our midfield is a big problem and has been for some considerable time. The fact we have so many players that have come through our academy I feel it gets ignored, but we rarely control games, create anything, score goals consistently and often get dominated in the middle of the park it’s something PC really needs to address in the summer.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Portsmouth is key game on 19:12 - Mar 18 with 958 viewsParky

I just think our midfield has been so pedestrian and not just on Tuesday. It’s almost as if every time any of them get the ball, they slow it down all the time.

Having someone like Woolf who I imagine could just sit in front of the back four, would allow Dozzell/Bishop to drive forward and get involved higher up the pitch a little more.

There was far too many things that went wrong on Tuesday to pinpoint it on one thing, however, we’re not creating or scoring enough, so something needs to change.
Portsmouth is key game on 19:12 - Mar 18 with 957 viewschrismakin

For me it opens it up more for others to get forward. Less pressure on having to get back. With skuse for example hes not very mobile etc

Also wolfy can defo pick a diag pass which would be very handy with the wide players

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024