Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This line bugs me 12:05 - Mar 24 with 1535 viewsCheltenham_Blue

and this is no criticism of Doz, far from it, but we've heard the same line over and over again this season.

“We know it hasn’t been good enough for the last few games". When you hear the same line again and again, it becomes a meaningless platitude.

I do wish someone would actually utter, "We know it hasn’t been good enough again this season", of course though, it should come from the captain.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This line bugs me on 12:11 - Mar 24 with 1488 viewsMattinLondon

Chambers can’t be expected to be wheeled out in front of the press week-in-week-out.

I don’t know why people feel the need to analysis what players say to the press. They tend to be very guarded, as they know that every word will be used against them. They answer questions in keeping with the party line in quite a neutral way.
This line bugs me on 12:14 - Mar 24 with 1456 viewsnoggin

Or... "We know we haven't been good enough but it is what it is, we need a few new players."

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This line bugs me on 12:14 - Mar 24 with 1449 viewsnoggin

This line bugs me on 12:11 - Mar 24 by MattinLondon

Chambers can’t be expected to be wheeled out in front of the press week-in-week-out.

I don’t know why people feel the need to analysis what players say to the press. They tend to be very guarded, as they know that every word will be used against them. They answer questions in keeping with the party line in quite a neutral way.

Which begs the question, why even ask?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This line bugs me on 12:24 - Mar 24 with 1412 viewsHerbivore

One of the more bizarre tangents I've seen used to have a pop at Chambers. Certainly a novel effort.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This line bugs me on 12:37 - Mar 24 with 1362 viewsMattinLondon

This line bugs me on 12:14 - Mar 24 by noggin

Which begs the question, why even ask?

Because the press have a job to do and people want to listen. Sometimes they offer an insight into what’s going on at the club and sometimes they don’t.
This line bugs me on 12:39 - Mar 24 with 1360 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This line bugs me on 12:24 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

One of the more bizarre tangents I've seen used to have a pop at Chambers. Certainly a novel effort.

It's not a pop at Chambers. Its was a pop at the same tired old cr ap being trotted out by the players. But if someone was actually going to say the players haven't been good enough this season, it should come from the Captain shouldn't it?

Who do you suggest does it? Kenlock?

Chambers has been one of our better players this season, but when he's on the pitch he has to take it on the chin over in game performance else he might as well give the armband away.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This line bugs me on 12:42 - Mar 24 with 1355 viewsBlueBadger

This line bugs me on 12:24 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

I think its a mark of the respect that people have for our glorious captain that they seem to believe that he's responsible for not only playing CB/RB and captaining the side but setting PR strategy, playing style, transfer policy, etc and blame him for those as well.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 12:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This line bugs me on 12:47 - Mar 24 with 1313 viewsHerbivore

This line bugs me on 12:39 - Mar 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's not a pop at Chambers. Its was a pop at the same tired old cr ap being trotted out by the players. But if someone was actually going to say the players haven't been good enough this season, it should come from the Captain shouldn't it?

Who do you suggest does it? Kenlock?

Chambers has been one of our better players this season, but when he's on the pitch he has to take it on the chin over in game performance else he might as well give the armband away.

It certainly reads like a pop at Chambers to be honest. What starts out as annoyance at something Dozzer has said quickly morphs into the captain needing to come out and publicly decry the whole season. It's a bit odd, mate. And it's not like he needs to tell us we've been crap, we know that already.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

This line bugs me on 12:47 - Mar 24 with 1313 viewsfooters

This line bugs me on 12:42 - Mar 24 by BlueBadger

I think its a mark of the respect that people have for our glorious captain that they seem to believe that he's responsible for not only playing CB/RB and captaining the side but setting PR strategy, playing style, transfer policy, etc and blame him for those as well.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 12:46]

And running a youth hostel.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This line bugs me on 12:47 - Mar 24 with 1314 viewsChrisd

Lets turn this into a positive, I like how PC said, 'Less talking, more action.' Plenty on here still believe we have a realistic chance of making the top 6 with our run in, it really is now that the players need to start delivering.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This line bugs me on 16:27 - Mar 24 with 1116 viewsPositivelyPortman

This line bugs me on 12:47 - Mar 24 by Chrisd

Lets turn this into a positive, I like how PC said, 'Less talking, more action.' Plenty on here still believe we have a realistic chance of making the top 6 with our run in, it really is now that the players need to start delivering.

No, it was 5 games ago that they needed to start delivering.
We’re not going to make the playoffs this season I can assure you.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

This line bugs me on 16:29 - Mar 24 with 1108 viewsfooters

This line bugs me on 16:27 - Mar 24 by PositivelyPortman

No, it was 5 games ago that they needed to start delivering.
We’re not going to make the playoffs this season I can assure you.

They needed to start delivering after a few hours' training with a completely new system and gaffer? You know this is his first full week with the squad, right? Some of y'all are pretty impatient!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This line bugs me on 16:56 - Mar 24 with 1027 viewseireblue

I for one won’t be happy until Chambers preemptively turns down a testimonial and regularly performs a ritual self-flagellation for 15 minutes instead of a warm-up before every single remaining match, on IFollow, with commentary by Mick Mills.
This line bugs me on 18:37 - Mar 24 with 925 viewsMattinLondon

This line bugs me on 16:56 - Mar 24 by eireblue

I for one won’t be happy until Chambers preemptively turns down a testimonial and regularly performs a ritual self-flagellation for 15 minutes instead of a warm-up before every single remaining match, on IFollow, with commentary by Mick Mills.

You know, Chambers is performing excellent self-flaggellation, you know some excellent position of the flogger. You know, he may well need to go in a bit harder at times but you know he should be really pleased with his efforts.
This line bugs me on 19:10 - Mar 24 with 888 viewsLankHenners

Whenever Chambers does speak he gets a load of stick from the same people complaining he's 'hiding' from the media.

He always speaks with far more honesty than most players do (which is what people always call for) but gets pilloried for it because of the same things you're complaining about Dozzell saying.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024