Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we can safely assume... 14:12 - Apr 7 with 9783 viewsFixed_It

...that the players have not been in the loop re the takeover. Indeed, other than Evans himself, and a very few close confidantes (including Paul Cook), I doubt many at the club knew much about it.
The denial statement from Evans a few weeks ago was probably designed to put people off the scent - it is likely that too much speculation could have put the deal in jeopardy - he had to say something along those lines due to a non disclosure clause.
The fact that Phil's sources seemed to think that things had stalled, or were off, also indicates that very few people apart from Evans' inner circle knew what was happening.
Thanks go to Muncher and greyhound for giving us snippets to keep our hopes alive.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 14:12]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I think we can safely assume... on 08:29 - Apr 8 with 621 viewsjayessess

I think we can safely assume... on 19:40 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

Maybe at the local barbers or estate agents, but not for a £40m international business deal. The manager is only an employee. And Marcus may have had to enter an NDA before negotiations proper. I’m amazed people are amazed at this.

Football clubs are not large businesses in the grander scheme of things. My employer is roughly 50 times the size of Ipswich Town and I still wouldn't expect to discover significant changes to the organisation via Instagram.

Beyond the players, who I'm sure can mostly look after themselves financially, what about all the regular employees at the club? Incredibly shoddy not to address them personally and give whatever assurances you can about the future.

I hate how willing people are to accommodate bad employment practices these days.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I think we can safely assume... on 08:35 - Apr 8 with 600 viewschrismakin

I think we can safely assume... on 08:29 - Apr 8 by jayessess

Football clubs are not large businesses in the grander scheme of things. My employer is roughly 50 times the size of Ipswich Town and I still wouldn't expect to discover significant changes to the organisation via Instagram.

Beyond the players, who I'm sure can mostly look after themselves financially, what about all the regular employees at the club? Incredibly shoddy not to address them personally and give whatever assurances you can about the future.

I hate how willing people are to accommodate bad employment practices these days.

I think the lack of personal address is a sign of how apart from football related activity, Evans had no real interest in anything else.

I agree with you, before that statement was released, a club meeting/ calls/zooms/ what ever should have happened, Not a statement being the first you hear about it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I think we can safely assume... on 08:38 - Apr 8 with 592 viewsgordon

I think we can safely assume... on 17:02 - Apr 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

What does it have to do with the players?

Does my boss need to tell me when he is thinking of selling the company I work for? Of course not!

Of course he doesn't need to tell you he is thinking of selling the company you work for - he is obliged to tell you when he's sold it, though.
I think we can safely assume... on 08:45 - Apr 8 with 575 viewsgordon

I think we can safely assume... on 19:40 - Apr 7 by chicoazul

Maybe at the local barbers or estate agents, but not for a £40m international business deal. The manager is only an employee. And Marcus may have had to enter an NDA before negotiations proper. I’m amazed people are amazed at this.

That's not what people are saying - of course he doesn't have to (and wouldn't be able to) keep anyone updated on negotations.

The point is that once he had agreed to sell the club he makes sure that he is in a position to speak to the people who have worked for him before the news breaks. If he didn't do that (and it sounds like he didn't), then it's very disrespectful - owners of far, far bigger organisations would just see to it that they announced something like that internally just prior to the news breaking.
I think we can safely assume... on 08:47 - Apr 8 with 572 viewsgordon

I think we can safely assume... on 08:29 - Apr 8 by jayessess

This - it's just a really, really tacky way to treat people.
I think we can safely assume... on 11:50 - Apr 8 with 520 viewschicoazul

I think we can safely assume... on 08:47 - Apr 8 by gordon

This - it's just a really, really tacky way to treat people.

I agree it’s bad, I don’t agree it’s a surprise or weird.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024