Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for a badge change? 15:47 - Apr 16 with 4456 viewsJackSted

Could be a good opportunity for the new owners to revert our badge to the old gold and blue. I never really liked it when it was changed to red

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Is it time for a badge change? on 01:26 - Apr 17 with 606 viewsSuperCoops

Is it time for a badge change? on 01:15 - Apr 17 by wkj

It's not terrible, but it's not right.

The shape of our crest is what makes it unique, the circle just makes us look like many other teams

Totally understand where you're coming from. But the current shape (which personally I'm not complaining about as I like it's uniqueness) is hard to transfer into something new.

As I say, I was just playing around and don't mind either our current or the previous one. And looking at the clubs that have had new badges in recent years, I hate them all: Arsenal, West Ham, Burnley, QPR, Fulham, Pompey, Brentford, Sheff Wed, all horrible.
Is it time for a badge change? on 02:08 - Apr 17 with 596 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 23:28 - Apr 16 by Bluearmy71

You could well be right Jeera, maybe I should have put "in my lifetime so far" the thought never dawned on me that the badge may not have been what I consider the old badge in Sir Alf's day.

It hadn't occurred to me either until Lucan posted it.

Hadn't registered with me at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:24 - Apr 17 with 576 viewsSpruceMoose

Basically, as anyone in IP2 knows, never mind the badge, change the whole name to Chantry FC.

If you ain't Chantry, you ain't Ipswich.

The poor folk of IP1 and IP3 need not bother as they have Whitton Utd to distract them, and the fancy pants of IP4 can just go support Woodbridge Town between rah rah-ing about how much it costs to berth their yacht in the marina.

As for Kesgrave, well, you lot can jog on to Carrow Road.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:31 - Apr 17 with 574 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:24 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Basically, as anyone in IP2 knows, never mind the badge, change the whole name to Chantry FC.

If you ain't Chantry, you ain't Ipswich.

The poor folk of IP1 and IP3 need not bother as they have Whitton Utd to distract them, and the fancy pants of IP4 can just go support Woodbridge Town between rah rah-ing about how much it costs to berth their yacht in the marina.

As for Kesgrave, well, you lot can jog on to Carrow Road.

Chantry is so far from the town it's practically on the way to Colchester.

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:47 - Apr 17 with 569 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:31 - Apr 17 by jeera

Chantry is so far from the town it's practically on the way to Colchester.

What's your postcode? IP65? Pipe down. This is IP2 business.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:50 - Apr 17 with 569 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:47 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

What's your postcode? IP65? Pipe down. This is IP2 business.

Another few hundred yards you'd be in Babergh.

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:54 - Apr 17 with 567 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:50 - Apr 17 by jeera

Another few hundred yards you'd be in Babergh.

Ah Babergh.

All of the taxes, none of the services. The things people will tolerate for an IP8 postcode eh? Still, at least they have an Aldi now.

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:57 - Apr 17 with 566 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:54 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Ah Babergh.

All of the taxes, none of the services. The things people will tolerate for an IP8 postcode eh? Still, at least they have an Aldi now.

I have no idea what an IP8 is if I'm honest.

I am in Babergh though and they are the worst council I've ever encountered - I can vouch for that.

They take incompetence to a whole new level you wouldn't believe possible until you've witnessed it.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 3:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for a badge change? on 03:11 - Apr 17 with 563 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it time for a badge change? on 02:57 - Apr 17 by jeera

I have no idea what an IP8 is if I'm honest.

I am in Babergh though and they are the worst council I've ever encountered - I can vouch for that.

They take incompetence to a whole new level you wouldn't believe possible until you've witnessed it.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 3:02]

I'm sure Babergh isn't bad as whole, but they do love to stick their housing estates on the edge of Ipswich proper and forget to build any schools etc.!

Is it time for a badge change? on 03:16 - Apr 17 with 563 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 03:11 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

I'm sure Babergh isn't bad as whole, but they do love to stick their housing estates on the edge of Ipswich proper and forget to build any schools etc.!

Chap I was speaking to recently has been employed by MidSuffolk for years in a property maintenance role.

Says since they have been partnered with Babergh he has been shocked at the condition of some of the properties they own; how badly neglected etc.

Is it time for a badge change? on 06:31 - Apr 17 with 525 viewsChurchman

Is it time for a badge change? on 23:28 - Apr 16 by Bluearmy71

You could well be right Jeera, maybe I should have put "in my lifetime so far" the thought never dawned on me that the badge may not have been what I consider the old badge in Sir Alf's day.

Jeera’s definitely right. It changed for the 1972/3 season. Which was coincidently the first really good season we had in the top division after promotion in 68.
Is it time for a badge change? on 08:42 - Apr 17 with 494 viewsBluespeed225

Is it time for a badge change? on 06:31 - Apr 17 by Churchman

Jeera’s definitely right. It changed for the 1972/3 season. Which was coincidently the first really good season we had in the top division after promotion in 68.

Correct, and it went round the world. As we all know that badge incorporates the historic buildings, the port, and of course the Punch, it was a brilliant piece of thinking. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.

I still say that 72 kit is the one!😀
Is it time for a badge change? on 09:58 - Apr 17 with 484 viewsJackSted

Is it time for a badge change? on 00:36 - Apr 17 by SuperCoops

I've been playing around with a few ideas. What do you think of these?

Get rid of everything except the horse and ball, and maybe the river underneath

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Is it time for a badge change? on 21:00 - Apr 19 with 413 viewsNthQldITFC

I really like 'em both, but probably favour the bottom one, although I think you'd maybe need a different colour outer ring against a 'royal' blue shirt, possibly a much deeper blue, and maybe use that for the inner ring too?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Is it time for a badge change? on 23:58 - Apr 19 with 375 viewsbournemouthblue

Both would make great pin badges but I'm not sure they're bold enough

Personally I prefer the yellow to the red, there's quite a lot of other teams with blue red and white as a combination, the yellow as a tertiary colour seems a bit more unique

I always expected a redesign simply to end up with the horse and the ball but I do agree that stronger marketing, something I'd expect the Americans to be good at and take more seriously as much needed for our climb back to respectability.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024