Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time for a badge change? 15:47 - Apr 16 with 4455 viewsJackSted

Could be a good opportunity for the new owners to revert our badge to the old gold and blue. I never really liked it when it was changed to red

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:27 - Apr 16 with 1017 viewsBramidan

We need a new team not rebranding. Get real
Is it time for a badge change? on 18:28 - Apr 16 with 1016 viewsChurchman

I like the current, 70s 80s style badge. I always did. I’d keep it. As for the kit, blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks. Away kit: white shirt, black shorts and socks. I’m a boring old traditionalist. Dump the stars - tinpot.
Is it time for a badge change? on 18:30 - Apr 16 with 1010 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:24 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

When you say the "Old" badge do you mean the one I posted or one of the stoopid horse variants?

You not a fan of the Suffolk Punch badge?

The coat of arms is fine and should be incorporated into the club somehow maybe, but surely the Punch is the one we're all the most familiar with.

You oldies could get a replica shirt with the original from somewhere to remind of the olden days maybe?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I prefer the red one to the yellow. on 18:31 - Apr 16 with 1010 viewsTieDyedIn95

I prefer the red one to the yellow. on 16:01 - Apr 16 by Menton

It’s one of the few things at the club that doesn’t need improving, in my view.

I think compared to other clubs ours does look like a mid-90's badge. It's not bad, but 20 years out of style. See Arsenal, Leeds, and so on.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:32 - Apr 16 with 1008 viewsBluespeed225

I posted several times about keeping this seasons badge, just classy. I know no one who wanted it changed in the 90’s. And I say again, the kit from first day 72-3 is the one.
Is it time for a badge change? on 18:46 - Apr 16 with 984 viewsLord_Lucan

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:30 - Apr 16 by jeera

You not a fan of the Suffolk Punch badge?

The coat of arms is fine and should be incorporated into the club somehow maybe, but surely the Punch is the one we're all the most familiar with.

You oldies could get a replica shirt with the original from somewhere to remind of the olden days maybe?

To be honest I don't really remember us playing in the non horse badge but I do think the horse is simply too big and too tinpot.

Guess what though - I was about to say I don't wear replica kits and never have done - and then I remembered I bought one of these about a year ago to lounge around the house with and I haven't seen it since I wore it for the first and only time. My blooming Mrs must have it at the bottom of a laundry basket because she can't be arsed to iron it!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:52 - Apr 16 with 969 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:46 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

To be honest I don't really remember us playing in the non horse badge but I do think the horse is simply too big and too tinpot.

Guess what though - I was about to say I don't wear replica kits and never have done - and then I remembered I bought one of these about a year ago to lounge around the house with and I haven't seen it since I wore it for the first and only time. My blooming Mrs must have it at the bottom of a laundry basket because she can't be arsed to iron it!

I didn't think for one moment you would be buying replica kits, no.

But if you're going to, then something like that wouldn't be the worst choice.

I'd need something with a bit more room around the middle at the moment though if that were me unfortunately.

I like the Suffolk Punch but I suppose that's just association and I've not given it much thought. I'm a simple chap like that.

How about a compromise with the away kit displaying the coat of arms, or even as a special edition kit for when we next take Europe by storm? That could work with the lions representing a bit of national roots alongside the club's own.

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:53 - Apr 16 with 968 viewsstonojnr

the club dont own the copyright to the old badge, they do the red one, if you followed a club like Man Utd it would be a million times more obvious why owning a copyright to your badge is an important thing when it comes to merchandise.

and this is like Nero fiddling whilst Rome burns stuff to be worrying about, there is nothing wrong with the red badge
Login to get fewer ads

Is it time for a badge change? on 19:03 - Apr 16 with 945 viewsLord_Lucan

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:53 - Apr 16 by stonojnr

the club dont own the copyright to the old badge, they do the red one, if you followed a club like Man Utd it would be a million times more obvious why owning a copyright to your badge is an important thing when it comes to merchandise.

and this is like Nero fiddling whilst Rome burns stuff to be worrying about, there is nothing wrong with the red badge

Who owns the copyright for the old badge then?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Is it time for a badge change? on 19:06 - Apr 16 with 938 viewsLord_Lucan

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:52 - Apr 16 by jeera

I didn't think for one moment you would be buying replica kits, no.

But if you're going to, then something like that wouldn't be the worst choice.

I'd need something with a bit more room around the middle at the moment though if that were me unfortunately.

I like the Suffolk Punch but I suppose that's just association and I've not given it much thought. I'm a simple chap like that.

How about a compromise with the away kit displaying the coat of arms, or even as a special edition kit for when we next take Europe by storm? That could work with the lions representing a bit of national roots alongside the club's own.

Gotta say they are a bit snug.

I generally have to order jackets and polo shirts etc as XXL and although I am a bit rotund it's because I seem to have unnaturally wide shoulders.

The replica thing though I had to send the first one back and go XXXL
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 19:07]

Is it time for a badge change? on 19:32 - Apr 16 with 927 viewsmartinwellbourne

Is it time for a badge change? on 17:24 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

Isnt there some reason the sixties badge cant be used,its why the horse badge was created in the first place If I remember rightly.
Is it time for a badge change? on 19:45 - Apr 16 with 909 viewsPhilTWTD

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:10 - Apr 16 by Coco

but not to this

I was thinking this.

Is it time for a badge change? on 19:46 - Apr 16 with 899 viewsLord_Lucan

Is it time for a badge change? on 19:32 - Apr 16 by martinwellbourne

Isnt there some reason the sixties badge cant be used,its why the horse badge was created in the first place If I remember rightly.

I've know idea but I would be interested if that's the case.......anyone?

Is it time for a badge change? on 19:57 - Apr 16 with 890 viewsWD19

Is it time for a badge change? on 16:14 - Apr 16 by Kropotkin123

Yeah, it is a no to that one. That loses the feel. Doesn't look like a SP as it is far too dainty.

It also appears to be taking a dump......
Is it time for a badge change? on 20:42 - Apr 16 with 868 viewsBluearmy71

The old badge represents everything Ipswich Town F.C achieved to instil the pride its supporters has in them, every great moment in our illustrious history, every ball that Sir Alf and Sir Bobby had their Ipswich teams kick, every emotion that players and supporters alike can go through, its as Ipswich as the blue we play in and should never have been changed in the first place! Yes the red one donned our blue shirt in the play off final win over Barnsley and was there for a lovely enjoyable European tour but even so it still never achieves the warmth and the pride like the old badge, keep the old badge forevermore I say!

Plus it will match my tattoo again so that's a double win in my eyes ;)
Is it time for a badge change? on 21:33 - Apr 16 with 843 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 20:42 - Apr 16 by Bluearmy71

The old badge represents everything Ipswich Town F.C achieved to instil the pride its supporters has in them, every great moment in our illustrious history, every ball that Sir Alf and Sir Bobby had their Ipswich teams kick, every emotion that players and supporters alike can go through, its as Ipswich as the blue we play in and should never have been changed in the first place! Yes the red one donned our blue shirt in the play off final win over Barnsley and was there for a lovely enjoyable European tour but even so it still never achieves the warmth and the pride like the old badge, keep the old badge forevermore I say!

Plus it will match my tattoo again so that's a double win in my eyes ;)

"every great moment in our illustrious history, every ball that Sir Alf and Sir Bobby had their Ipswich teams kick".

Well, sort of. But not exactly.

As Lucan pointed out, the Suffolk Punch badge didn't exist until 1972 so doesn't represent the achievements of Sir Alf's Town.

Unless I've misunderstood, which is always possible.

Is it time for a badge change? on 21:44 - Apr 16 with 837 viewsdominiciawful

I think the styling/design of the current badge is a bit better than the 1972-95 one, but would be interesting to tweak it a bit and possibly switch to the old colours?

And I'd keep the turrets as I quite like them and how unique they are compared to other clubs' badges.

And I'd get rid of "FOOTBALL CLUB", and I think I'd add "1878".

Also, get rid of the three stars above the badge.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Is it time for a badge change? on 21:46 - Apr 16 with 831 viewsBryanPlug

Is it time for a badge change? on 18:53 - Apr 16 by stonojnr

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is it time for a badge change? on 21:47 - Apr 16 with 833 viewsjeera

Is it time for a badge change? on 21:44 - Apr 16 by dominiciawful

I think the styling/design of the current badge is a bit better than the 1972-95 one, but would be interesting to tweak it a bit and possibly switch to the old colours?

And I'd keep the turrets as I quite like them and how unique they are compared to other clubs' badges.

And I'd get rid of "FOOTBALL CLUB", and I think I'd add "1878".

Also, get rid of the three stars above the badge.

What do people have against the stars?

3 major club achievements.

Although maybe only the players who have earned it should get to wear one with stars.

A bit like a McDonald's system when they have to work their way up to it.

Is it time for a badge change? on 23:13 - Apr 16 with 790 viewsChurchman

Is it time for a badge change? on 21:47 - Apr 16 by jeera

What do people have against the stars?

3 major club achievements.

Although maybe only the players who have earned it should get to wear one with stars.

A bit like a McDonald's system when they have to work their way up to it.

Not for me I’m afraid. It just feels a bit naff. Honours board, statues of Alf and Bobby, pictures around the ground of great moments etc, absolutely fine. Little stars on a shirt? No. I don’t like them on international shirts either, which I think is where it started.
Is it time for a badge change? on 23:24 - Apr 16 with 769 viewswkj

A big no. Because if it all goes tlts up, then we're stuck with it. Our crest really shouldn't change because the club is changing - simply because most of the last 13 years haven't been a true representation of our club.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it time for a badge change? on 23:28 - Apr 16 with 767 viewsBluearmy71

Is it time for a badge change? on 21:33 - Apr 16 by jeera

"every great moment in our illustrious history, every ball that Sir Alf and Sir Bobby had their Ipswich teams kick".

Well, sort of. But not exactly.

As Lucan pointed out, the Suffolk Punch badge didn't exist until 1972 so doesn't represent the achievements of Sir Alf's Town.

Unless I've misunderstood, which is always possible.

You could well be right Jeera, maybe I should have put "in my lifetime so far" the thought never dawned on me that the badge may not have been what I consider the old badge in Sir Alf's day.
Is it time for a badge change? on 23:36 - Apr 16 with 758 viewsJDB23

Can't imagine our American friends would want us to move away from red, white and blue!
Is it time for a badge change? on 00:36 - Apr 17 with 741 viewsSuperCoops

I've been playing around with a few ideas. What do you think of these?

Is it time for a badge change? on 01:15 - Apr 17 with 725 viewswkj

Is it time for a badge change? on 00:36 - Apr 17 by SuperCoops

I've been playing around with a few ideas. What do you think of these?

It's not terrible, but it's not right.

The shape of our crest is what makes it unique, the circle just makes us look like many other teams

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024