Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Controversial transfer opinion 15:11 - Apr 30 with 1065 viewsgreyhound

Can we please stop wishing, asking and chasing players that we have had here before. I want fresh faces not those that have been in this underperforming institution in the last god knows how many years.

And before any smart comments crop up about 'so you wouldn't accept mings back' let's be realistic, I'm talking garbutt, Rhodes whatever. Let's make it fresh
Controversial transfer opinion on 15:14 - Apr 30 with 1030 viewsMetal_Hacker

Likewise with Garbutt

New start and new faces

Totally agree

Poll: If it were one or the other

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:01 - Apr 30 with 863 viewsGuthrum

Disagree. I'd take decent players whom the manager thinks will fit into his system regardless of whether they have been here (or any other specific place) before. Just because the thing failed to function as a whole, shouldn't prevent us being able to pick out what quality there was.

Especially former loanees or those who barely made it beyond Youth level, as they would not have been inculcated with whatever morale issues are plaguing the current squad.

Freshness of personnel won't win us any points. Having the most effective squad will.

Edit: I'm talking purely about quality, not sentimental attachment.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 16:04]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:06 - Apr 30 with 837 viewschrismakin

I want players who can do the job to a successful standard

I dont care if they've been here before.. can they do it now.

Garbutt. As an example would normally be an ideal PC fullback due to his natural crossing ability. However has he got the pace and stamina to be up and down the pitch for 90 minutes I dont know.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:07 - Apr 30 with 830 viewsMrTown

I'm not interest in Rhodes. 31 years old and has really pulled up trees since his Blackburn days.

Garbutt however, experienced at this level, technically very good for this level. Versatility at LB/LWB/LM, outstanding dead ball taker - I couldn't really care less if they have been here before that much, I'm only interested in who will improve us.

Whilst he would be behind Tom Pearce for me in the pecking order, I still would have him in a heartbeat.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:08 - Apr 30 with 823 viewsjayessess

Wonder if we could make a whole team of former players who'd be realistic targets...

Emmanuel
Pennington
Garbutt
Connolly
Graham
Rhodes

Any more?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:09 - Apr 30 with 820 viewschrismakin

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:07 - Apr 30 by MrTown

I'm not interest in Rhodes. 31 years old and has really pulled up trees since his Blackburn days.

Garbutt however, experienced at this level, technically very good for this level. Versatility at LB/LWB/LM, outstanding dead ball taker - I couldn't really care less if they have been here before that much, I'm only interested in who will improve us.

Whilst he would be behind Tom Pearce for me in the pecking order, I still would have him in a heartbeat.

I'd rather go for wykes rather than rhodes.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:14 - Apr 30 with 800 viewsjayessess

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:09 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

I think Rhodes is absolutely the wrong kind of striker for us. We lack athleticism rather than finishing prowess.

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:16 - Apr 30 with 793 viewschrismakin

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:14 - Apr 30 by jayessess

I think Rhodes is absolutely the wrong kind of striker for us. We lack athleticism rather than finishing prowess.

Just someone who understands the lone striker role. Keeps themselves fit and can score.

Basically we need Norwood 4 years ago.

Login to get fewer ads

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:34 - Apr 30 with 730 viewsMrTown

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:09 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

Whilst Wyke would be a decent striker, he'll be playing Championship football next year, whether that with Sunderland or someone else.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:37 - Apr 30 with 711 viewsParky

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:16 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

Just someone who understands the lone striker role. Keeps themselves fit and can score.

Basically we need Norwood 4 years ago.

Will Grigg is going to come here ain’t he? Luke Jephcott would be my choice, he’d be an investment as well, I’d rather go down that route rather than signing older players for a season.
Controversial transfer opinion on 16:39 - Apr 30 with 697 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite agree.

Although Leadbitter's available on a free....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:42 - Apr 30 with 678 viewsjayessess

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:37 - Apr 30 by Parky

Will Grigg is going to come here ain’t he? Luke Jephcott would be my choice, he’d be an investment as well, I’d rather go down that route rather than signing older players for a season.

IIRC Grigg was in and out of the team when Cook managed him, precisely because he didn't fit the lone striker role very well.

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:52 - Apr 30 with 636 viewsParky

Controversial transfer opinion on 16:42 - Apr 30 by jayessess

IIRC Grigg was in and out of the team when Cook managed him, precisely because he didn't fit the lone striker role very well.

You might be right, Cook somehow managed to get £4m for him from Sunderland after rejecting 7 bids from them!
Controversial transfer opinion on 17:02 - Apr 30 with 599 viewsKeno

I agree

unless scientist managed to clone the following into themselves in their prime

Mick Mills
Paul Cooper
Jamma
Muhren
Butcher
Woods
Stewie
Reuser
Treacle