Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. 11:41 - May 2 with 2302 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Lots of negative comments about his 'character', not one on his performance stats/goal ratio.

Perhaps because they are statistics that you can't argue with. So let's just ignore them. We are going to be buying people on a statistical performance model going forward, not on a social media model. Games aren't played on Twitter after all.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 11:42]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:17 - May 2 with 592 viewsHerbivore

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 15:51 - May 2 by Garv

So we're ignoring the other sides he's scored against this season then? E.g Peterborough, Portsmouth, Hull City.

We've been having this same argument for most of the season.

Cor blimey, 3 whole goals against 3 bang average teams. Definitely keep him. Build the side around him. Ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:26 - May 2 with 581 viewsGarv

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:17 - May 2 by Herbivore

Cor blimey, 3 whole goals against 3 bang average teams. Definitely keep him. Build the side around him. Ffs.

Okay, so we're literally disregarding goals scored by a League One player, scored against League One's best two teams, because in your opinion they're average teams? Which by definition, they're not.

If we'd played Liverpool in the cup and the guy had scored, would it earn no credit because they're not what they were last season?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:31 - May 2 with 574 viewsHerbivore

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:26 - May 2 by Garv

Okay, so we're literally disregarding goals scored by a League One player, scored against League One's best two teams, because in your opinion they're average teams? Which by definition, they're not.

If we'd played Liverpool in the cup and the guy had scored, would it earn no credit because they're not what they were last season?

Did he score against Liverpool in the cup? If not it's rather a moot point. This league is toss, Norwood is toss. The sooner we're out of this league and don't have pub players like Norwood 'representing' us the better.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:51 - May 2 with 554 viewsChurchman

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:15 - May 2 by Pinewoodblue

He doesn’t start enough games.

He doesn’t finish enough games he starts

He doesn’t score enough goals

Is that better for you?

Spot on.

We are mid table League One and fully deserve to be there. Our two goal hero from Saturday has scored 20 goals in the last two seasons. It’s not enough. He’s not been fit; if he’d been available he’d have done this or that: Irrelevant. He hasn’t been and probably never will be playing 40+ games again. Better than the other strikers? Given how dreadful they are, that’s saying he’s better than nothing.

As long as he is not part of the off field problems and gets himself in decent shape, he can fill a bench slot. Back up, last twenty mins to change things. There is no way if we have any ambition whatsoever next year that we should be relying on him.

There are better players out there. Years in the Conference, one good year in League 2, two poor years League 1. Surely we can find better.
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 18:07 - May 2 with 529 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:49 - May 2 by stopmoaning

Norwood is by far our best striker, and can get goals at this level, he should be with Town next year.

And those saying no one would want him if he left are completely deluded.

"Norwood is by far our best striker" is a very low bar to get over. If he is our best striker next season then we probably won't be promoted. He may be of use as 3rd striker but I would rather have an up and coming youngster in that role rather than a 30(?) year old who has not sufficient self discipline.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 15:29 - May 3 with 449 viewsGarv

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 18:07 - May 2 by Tangledupin_Blue

"Norwood is by far our best striker" is a very low bar to get over. If he is our best striker next season then we probably won't be promoted. He may be of use as 3rd striker but I would rather have an up and coming youngster in that role rather than a 30(?) year old who has not sufficient self discipline.

When have we seen ill discipline? Has he been sent off?

Him being our best striker next season is absolutely fine if we have goals throughout the rest of the side. Also, Murphy was 32 when he scored 27 goals in a season. People didn't rate him either.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:45 - May 3 with 427 viewsWD19

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 15:29 - May 3 by Garv

Him being our best striker next season is absolutely fine if we have goals throughout the rest of the side. Also, Murphy was 32 when he scored 27 goals in a season. People didn't rate him either.

I suspect he meant discipline within 18 yards of the buffet bar rather than the cross bar.
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 18:32 - May 3 with 419 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 15:29 - May 3 by Garv

Pretty well as WD19 says above, the discipline to walk away from temptations such as (excessive) alcohol consumption.

And the discipline, which the best athletes possess, to maintain peak physical fitness including through the off-season.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 19:39 - May 3 with 397 viewsLowie

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 18:32 - May 3 by Tangledupin_Blue

Pretty well as WD19 says above, the discipline to walk away from temptations such as (excessive) alcohol consumption.

And the discipline, which the best athletes possess, to maintain peak physical fitness including through the off-season.

I agree, he is one of the few players in our squad that seems really driven to win. He is also undoubtedly one of our best players. Of that there is no doubt.

I really struggle with his off field antics to be honest and that is something of an understatement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024