Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking of Yoofs 21:52 - May 6 with 1208 viewsLord_Lucan

I have a few memories of Yoof games with RKD and Daughter Lucan

Three stick out but I am not sure if they were the same season.

I'm talking major games here.

Arsenal at home - I think this was the game that afterwards Darren Bent came on here and posted "Did that really happen"?

Tottenham away

Soton at home - I think that was the final when Garvan and a few now prominent Soton players played - Gareth Bale???

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Talking of Yoofs on 21:56 - May 6 with 1169 viewsJ2BLUE

Soton at home was the final. Great game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Talking of Yoofs on 22:01 - May 6 with 1155 viewsRocky

Wasn't Gareth Bale an unused sub?
Talking of Yoofs on 22:16 - May 6 with 1127 viewsPhilTWTD

Arsenal one was the semi-final in 2001. Two great games. Bent scored a hat-trick in the first leg, Jermaine Pennent and Jeremie Aliadiere were unplayable in the second.

Arsenal 3-4 Youths 5th Apr 2001 21:51
A last minute Darren Bent stunner gave Town the victory in an excellent FA Youth Cup semi-final first leg that ended 4-3. Bent hit a looping shot over Arsenal keeper Holloway just as it seemed that the Gunners had saved the draw. 0

Youths 2 - 4 Arsenal 9th May 2001 21:21
A devastating second half performance from the Arsenal youths saw them through to the FA Youth Cup final and Town’s lads out. In the first half it had looked like Town would win, but only a fabulous display from Darren Kelly prevented the scoreline being more in favour of the Londoners. 0

Talking of Yoofs on 22:28 - May 6 with 1063 viewsPendejo

Talking of Yoofs on 22:16 - May 6 by PhilTWTD

Arsenal one was the semi-final in 2001. Two great games. Bent scored a hat-trick in the first leg, Jermaine Pennent and Jeremie Aliadiere were unplayable in the second.

A last minute Darren Bent stunner gave Town the victory in an excellent FA Youth Cup semi-final first leg that ended 4-3. Bent hit a looping shot over Arsenal keeper Holloway just as it seemed that the Gunners had saved the draw. 0

A devastating second half performance from the Arsenal youths saw them through to the FA Youth Cup final and Town’s lads out. In the first half it had looked like Town would win, but only a fabulous display from Darren Kelly prevented the scoreline being more in favour of the Londoners. 0

My Bogota Blues flag and I were at Highbury for the 4-3, that was a really good trip back to UK

I saw Ipswich play at Highbury 3 times scoring 11 conceeding 5
4-1
3-1
4-3

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Talking of Yoofs on 23:26 - May 6 with 985 viewsPinewoodblue

Garvan was injured for the Southampton game Upson took his place.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Talking of Yoofs on 23:33 - May 6 with 970 viewsPhilTWTD

Talking of Yoofs on 23:26 - May 6 by Pinewoodblue

Garvan was injured for the Southampton game Upson took his place.

He was ill, shingles if I remember rightly. Upson was a sub rather than his replacement.
Talking of Yoofs on 23:40 - May 6 with 951 viewsPhilTWTD

Talking of Yoofs on 22:01 - May 6 by Rocky

Wasn't Gareth Bale an unused sub?

He was, aged 15.
Talking of Yoofs on 00:43 - May 7 with 905 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Southampton had Didsy and Adam Lallana, too. And some lad called Theo Walcott.

And Leon Best. And Nathan Dyer...

https://www.latetacklemagazine.com/features/1783/what-happened-to-southamptons-2
Login to get fewer ads

Talking of Yoofs on 08:03 - May 7 with 779 viewsSteve_M

Talking of Yoofs on 22:16 - May 6 by PhilTWTD

I hadn't realised they had Mauritz Volz playing for them too that night. They were a bit good that Arsenal side.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Talking of Yoofs on 08:21 - May 7 with 767 viewsPhilTWTD

Talking of Yoofs on 08:03 - May 7 by Steve_M

I hadn't realised they had Mauritz Volz playing for them too that night. They were a bit good that Arsenal side.

They were incredible in that second leg.
Talking of Yoofs on 08:42 - May 7 with 730 viewsElephantintheRoom

There were very big crowds at the two youth finals in the Robson era. Bistol City in 73 particular had a very good side, many of whom grduated to the first team I saw quite regualrly when i decamped to Bristol to go to university.

The West Ham game doesnt stick in my memory at all - but both matches were ultimately quite one-sided.

The sad thing is, looking through the programmes is how few of what were very good teams made it to the first team. Breaking into a good side must have been quite difficult with few sub opportunities in an era when everyone tried to win cup games

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Talking of Yoofs on 08:44 - May 7 with 725 viewsKeno

just found this

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Talking of Yoofs on 10:09 - May 7 with 689 viewsLord_Lucan

Talking of Yoofs on 08:44 - May 7 by Keno

just found this

That genuinely made me cry a bit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024