Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing I'm not sure about... 10:49 - May 13 with 2571 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...if all these players Cook has told they can go are under contract, what's to stop them going fine. I'll just sit here, train and see out my contract and take up squad space?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:29 - May 13 with 647 viewsHarryB

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:19 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Yes, that can happen. But if they want to just stay, they can just stay. Ben Thatcher did that when it was clear Roy Keane wasn't going to play him. In reality, I doubt anyone currently here will do that.

Phil what about hawkins and drinan? Surely they have been told that they are moving on as well?
One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:30 - May 13 with 634 viewsstopmoaning

None of it makes sense. Like someone said why sign Drinan, and then say he can leave, when no-one will pay a fee? Same with pretty much everyone whose contract was extended! Can't see people paying fee's for even Jackson who they would have recently.

If it's a lesson, surely he would keep Nydam who he praised for being the type of person he wants essentially.

All seems really bizarre.
One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:32 - May 13 with 610 viewsButterbing

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:30 - May 13 by stopmoaning

None of it makes sense. Like someone said why sign Drinan, and then say he can leave, when no-one will pay a fee? Same with pretty much everyone whose contract was extended! Can't see people paying fee's for even Jackson who they would have recently.

If it's a lesson, surely he would keep Nydam who he praised for being the type of person he wants essentially.

Stop moaning,
One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:37 - May 13 with 572 viewsBeckets

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:30 - May 13 by stopmoaning

I think Drinan has been extended as a cheap option for the slot upfront. In Cook's system it's probably the one outfield position when you can afford to carry just 2 options over the course of a 50 plus game season.
One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:57 - May 13 with 547 viewsclive_baker

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:37 - May 13 by Beckets

I think Drinan has been extended as a cheap option for the slot upfront. In Cook's system it's probably the one outfield position when you can afford to carry just 2 options over the course of a 50 plus game season.

God have mercy on League 1
[Post edited 13 May 2021 11:57]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:57 - May 13 with 546 viewsKieran_Knows

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:37 - May 13 by Beckets

I don't think he has.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:04 - May 13 with 526 viewsBeckets

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:57 - May 13 by clive_baker

God have mercy on League 1
[Post edited 13 May 2021 11:57]

It was just a frantic attempt on my part to find a rationale for the decision!
One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:07 - May 13 with 514 viewslazyblue

One thing in sure about is that Cook already has better players lined up to replace those that threw the towel in this season.
Login to get fewer ads

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:43 - May 13 with 482 viewsPhilTWTD

One thing I'm not sure about... on 11:27 - May 13 by HarryB

Phil what about hawkins and drinan? Surely they have been told that they are moving on as well?

Not sure specifically about them, although I assume Hawkins can go. Drinan's option being taken may suggest PC sees something in him as I'd be surprised if a fee could be achieved for him.
One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:45 - May 13 with 476 viewsEly_Blue

One thing I'm not sure about... on 10:52 - May 13 by OriginalMarkyP

Then isn't that a bit of a problem? Player power and all that?

They can sit it out but it isn’t getting them in the shop window is it?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:46 - May 13 with 471 viewsOriginalMarkyP

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:43 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Not sure specifically about them, although I assume Hawkins can go. Drinan's option being taken may suggest PC sees something in him as I'd be surprised if a fee could be achieved for him.

Notice that the EADT article doesn't mention Norwood as one of the 'you can go's.

Seems to mention everyone else including the keepers.

But TWTD says Norwood is among them. Would've thought the EADT would have mentioned him as he's one of the most talked about players.

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:50 - May 13 with 447 viewsPhilTWTD

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:46 - May 13 by OriginalMarkyP

Notice that the EADT article doesn't mention Norwood as one of the 'you can go's.

Seems to mention everyone else including the keepers.

But TWTD says Norwood is among them. Would've thought the EADT would have mentioned him as he's one of the most talked about players.

Norwood was one of the names mentioned to me.
One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:54 - May 13 with 422 viewsOriginalMarkyP

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:50 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Norwood was one of the names mentioned to me.

So which names weren't mentioned? What's the 'you can stay' list?

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:54 - May 13 with 418 viewsjayessess

One thing I'm not sure about... on 12:43 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Drinan and Edwards are the only ones worth keeping in the whole first team squad? Well, it's a view, Mr. Cook.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 12:55]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024