Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"A Fantastic Journey" 00:44 - May 15 with 1980 viewstown4life

Being captain of a club in the championship playoffs down to mid table league 1. wow

"A Fantastic Journey" being apart of the clubs worst patch of history and making that comment, speaks volumes.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 00:54 - May 15 with 1925 viewssyntaxerror

Congratulations, you just won stupid comment of the day.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 01:07 - May 15 with 1909 viewsSitfcB

Bore off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:19 - May 15 with 1799 viewsOldboy

I agree 💯. I do not understand the amount of love being shown to him. Yes he played a lot of games for us, but don't remember ever having an offer from another club for him. Decent player, but not worthy of the hero status some give him.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:25 - May 15 with 1777 viewsBlueBadger

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:19 - May 15 by Oldboy

I agree 💯. I do not understand the amount of love being shown to him. Yes he played a lot of games for us, but don't remember ever having an offer from another club for him. Decent player, but not worthy of the hero status some give him.

It's almost as if he's been one of the few players to consistently show some pride, effort, commitment and quality during this long period of managed decline under an incompetent owner and people who actually recognise and understand this appreciate it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:36 - May 15 with 1752 viewsBlueBadger

Chambo and Skusie... by BlueBadger 14 May 2021 23:53
If nothing else, they've certainly helped the football illiterates be identified more easily.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:42 - May 15 with 1725 viewsOldboy

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:25 - May 15 by BlueBadger

It's almost as if he's been one of the few players to consistently show some pride, effort, commitment and quality during this long period of managed decline under an incompetent owner and people who actually recognise and understand this appreciate it.

I would expect that from any Captain. Chambers was a decent enough player, but I am glad the club is looking for change. I didn't dislike Chambers, just not sure he deserves the amount of love he is being shown.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:46 - May 15 with 1713 viewsBlueBadger

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:42 - May 15 by Oldboy

I would expect that from any Captain. Chambers was a decent enough player, but I am glad the club is looking for change. I didn't dislike Chambers, just not sure he deserves the amount of love he is being shown.

"A Fantastic Journey" by BlueBadger 15 May 2021 7:25

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:52 - May 15 with 1684 viewsSouperJim

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:42 - May 15 by Oldboy

I think people recognise that he has gone above and beyond his role here for quite some period of time in an attempt to cover the gaps in the structure of the club.

We've been crap inspite of his efforts, not because of them. He deserves our thanks, things would have been a hell of a lot worse without him, I have no doubt.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:55 - May 15 with 1666 viewsKeno

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:52 - May 15 by SouperJim

I think people recognise that he has gone above and beyond his role here for quite some period of time in an attempt to cover the gaps in the structure of the club.

We've been crap inspite of his efforts, not because of them. He deserves our thanks, things would have been a hell of a lot worse without him, I have no doubt.

Well said Jim

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:15 - May 15 with 1606 viewsGuthrum

It's a personal interview, talking about his individual experience, not an analysis of the club's position during his time here.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:34 - May 15 with 1559 viewsMullet

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:19 - May 15 by Oldboy

Apart from his last minute call off a return to Forest you mean? I guess just because you don't remember it, we should discount it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:43 - May 15 with 1530 viewsOldboy

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:34 - May 15 by Mullet

Apart from his last minute call off a return to Forest you mean? I guess just because you don't remember it, we should discount it?

It wasn't though,was it. I think it is you with the memory problems.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:50 - May 15 with 1490 viewsMullet

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:43 - May 15 by Oldboy

It wasn't though,was it. I think it is you with the memory problems.

You just said no offers came in for him. There was one. A very memorable one because it was so odd.

Just admit you got something wrong in your rush to slate someone. It's easier and makes you look better.

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:55 - May 15 with 1460 viewsOldboy

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:50 - May 15 by Mullet

You just said no offers came in for him. There was one. A very memorable one because it was so odd.

Just admit you got something wrong in your rush to slate someone. It's easier and makes you look better.

I am not slating Chamber, just do not think he deserves our undying gratitude. I do remember that so called offer, but it was never going to happen.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:00 - May 15 with 1443 viewsMullet

"A Fantastic Journey" on 08:55 - May 15 by Oldboy

I am not slating Chamber, just do not think he deserves our undying gratitude. I do remember that so called offer, but it was never going to happen.

You remember it now or just lied earlier to slate him? He drove up there, so saying "it was never going to happen" is more nonsense because you got it wrong isn't it?

Why does any gratitude at all have to be undying? Why can't fans appreciate a bloke who put his body on the line for the shirt when 99% of players would have sat out? Why do people like you always have to sh1t on any sort of decency or sense of pride around our club when it's been so terrible?

Very odd behaviour.

"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:06 - May 15 with 1414 viewsOldboy

"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:00 - May 15 by Mullet

You remember it now or just lied earlier to slate him? He drove up there, so saying "it was never going to happen" is more nonsense because you got it wrong isn't it?

Why does any gratitude at all have to be undying? Why can't fans appreciate a bloke who put his body on the line for the shirt when 99% of players would have sat out? Why do people like you always have to sh1t on any sort of decency or sense of pride around our club when it's been so terrible?

Very odd behaviour.

Go back and read what the Forest chairman said about the so called offer. As for Chambers, Skuse and Sears, I am glad that they have finally gone. Should have happened 3 seasons ago. New dawn rising for Town can only be a good thing.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:07 - May 15 with 1416 viewsX0Y0

Disagree. Stuart Watson stated it perfectly when he said judge him by what his peers said, and they have all been overwhelmingly positive about his influence at the club - look at the statements from Hunt, Varney, etc.

Great servant for the club and a role model for young footballers.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:17 - May 15 with 1354 viewsJohnny_Boy

"A Fantastic Journey" on 07:25 - May 15 by BlueBadger

Paul Hurst would probably disagree.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:39 - May 15 with 1283 viewsRyorry

"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:17 - May 15 by Johnny_Boy

Paul Hurst would probably disagree.

... which clinches Badger's case for him 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"A Fantastic Journey" on 10:00 - May 15 with 1240 viewsJohnny_Boy

"A Fantastic Journey" on 09:39 - May 15 by Ryorry

... which clinches Badger's case for him 👍

The irony shouldn’t be lost that the person which just downvoted me was Hurst’s biggest trumpeter before he arrived 😂
"A Fantastic Journey" on 10:08 - May 15 with 1206 viewsRyorry

"A Fantastic Journey" on 10:00 - May 15 by Johnny_Boy

The irony shouldn’t be lost that the person which just downvoted me was Hurst’s biggest trumpeter before he arrived 😂

That sounds vaguely obscene. Or perhaps I've just picked up a mucky mind from being on here too much 🤔

Anyway, it's "who", not "which".

Happy to help :)

Gonna be a long close season tho ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"A Fantastic Journey" on 10:11 - May 15 with 1193 viewsJohnny_Boy

"A Fantastic Journey" on 10:08 - May 15 by Ryorry

That sounds vaguely obscene. Or perhaps I've just picked up a mucky mind from being on here too much 🤔

Anyway, it's "who", not "which".

Happy to help :)

Gonna be a long close season tho ...

Thank you 👍🏻

I would EDIT but I can’t be arsed. It’s a Saturday.
"A Fantastic Journey" on 10:50 - May 15 with 1151 viewsRadlett_blue

"A Fantastic Journey" on 00:54 - May 15 by syntaxerror

Congratulations, you just won stupid comment of the day.

Disagree. While Chambers (& Skuse) were solid championship players who always seemed to give 100%, their careers have coincided with some of the worst year's in Town's history & their lowest league positions in my (& most supporters') lifetimes. While Town would probably have had an even worse 10 years without these players, they seem indelibly associated with this dreadful time to be a Town fan.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024