Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jude Bellingham 12:11 - Jun 2 with 1406 viewsclive_baker

Had just finished Year 8 at the last Euros.

Bonkers.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jude Bellingham on 13:47 - Jun 2 with 1283 viewsOwainG1992

Hes either gonna shock us and have an amazing campaign.
Or barely feature.
Id have preferred to have seen Lingard over him.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Jude Bellingham on 13:49 - Jun 2 with 1265 viewsitfcjoe

THink he'll start at least one of the group games.

I just don't see how Henderson is fit to do so, which leaves it as Rice plus Phillips/Bellingham

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jude Bellingham on 14:45 - Jun 2 with 1154 viewsBathBlue

Jude Bellingham on 13:47 - Jun 2 by OwainG1992

Hes either gonna shock us and have an amazing campaign.
Or barely feature.
Id have preferred to have seen Lingard over him.

Have you watched Bellingham and Lingard play much recently? Can’t understand the fuss with Lingard; he had a purple patch for a couple of months then went back to default. Bellingham has looked a class act in the middle of the pitch in a very strong side. Bellingham all day long for me!
Jude Bellingham on 14:50 - Jun 2 with 1122 viewsjontysnut

Has he got some fake ID for the bar?
Jude Bellingham on 14:52 - Jun 2 with 1110 viewsMullet

This must be what old age feels like.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jude Bellingham on 15:00 - Jun 2 with 1078 viewsSaigonTractor

Jude Bellingham on 14:45 - Jun 2 by BathBlue

Have you watched Bellingham and Lingard play much recently? Can’t understand the fuss with Lingard; he had a purple patch for a couple of months then went back to default. Bellingham has looked a class act in the middle of the pitch in a very strong side. Bellingham all day long for me!

They're different types of midfielder anyway aren't they? I can't say I've watched much of Bellingham but from what I can gather he's more of a box to box CM whereas Lingard is more attacking.

We're already stacked enough with attacking midfielders to take Lingard as well.
Jude Bellingham on 15:12 - Jun 2 with 1022 viewsBathBlue

Jude Bellingham on 15:00 - Jun 2 by SaigonTractor

They're different types of midfielder anyway aren't they? I can't say I've watched much of Bellingham but from what I can gather he's more of a box to box CM whereas Lingard is more attacking.

We're already stacked enough with attacking midfielders to take Lingard as well.

Yep - very different. Bellingham looks like exactly the sort of midfielder England need right now to fit in a 3 with Mount and Rice; unfortunately reckon it’s a year too early for him to be trusted by Southgate.
Jude Bellingham on 15:21 - Jun 2 with 988 viewsOwainG1992

Jude Bellingham on 15:12 - Jun 2 by BathBlue

Yep - very different. Bellingham looks like exactly the sort of midfielder England need right now to fit in a 3 with Mount and Rice; unfortunately reckon it’s a year too early for him to be trusted by Southgate.

Obviously Lingard is more attack minded.
But Rice is a DM.
If Henderson is fit enough to be selected he should be fit enough to be picked.
Mount can do a job further back.
Kelvin Phillips is an outstanding DM.
For me Lingard offers more and is in better form than any attacking midfielder we possess.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Login to get fewer ads

Jude Bellingham on 15:26 - Jun 2 with 966 viewsfarkenhell

Jude Bellingham on 14:52 - Jun 2 by Mullet

This must be what old age feels like.

Get used to it mate. I felt old the first time I saw a doctor who was younger than me. And that was light years ago!
Jude Bellingham on 15:34 - Jun 2 with 937 viewsitfcjoe

Jude Bellingham on 15:21 - Jun 2 by OwainG1992

But Rice is a DM.
For me Lingard offers more and is in better form than any attacking midfielder we possess.

You've efectively got 4 players to cover the central midfield 2 deeper lying players - Henderson, Phillips, Rice and Bellingham - and Henderson just isn't going to be fit for first couple of games at least.

If Lingard was to be selected it would likely be at the expense of either Saka, or one of James or Alexander-Arnold. I like Lingard, but think it has been too little too late with 3 years of nothing before this half season where he has been excellent.

If he can keep it up, and get a decent move then would be happy to see him back in - but he's of an age now where he needs to settle down and continue this form

Jude Bellingham on 15:44 - Jun 2 with 898 viewsclive_baker

Jude Bellingham on 15:34 - Jun 2 by itfcjoe

You've efectively got 4 players to cover the central midfield 2 deeper lying players - Henderson, Phillips, Rice and Bellingham - and Henderson just isn't going to be fit for first couple of games at least.

If Lingard was to be selected it would likely be at the expense of either Saka, or one of James or Alexander-Arnold. I like Lingard, but think it has been too little too late with 3 years of nothing before this half season where he has been excellent.

If he can keep it up, and get a decent move then would be happy to see him back in - but he's of an age now where he needs to settle down and continue this form

I can only assume they're pretty confident Henderson will be fit, otherwise I would imagine Ward-Prowse would've gone as more of a core central midfielder cover. It's pretty mad the extent to which Rice and Mount have emerged in the past 18 months from considerations to nailed on, and the likes of Dele Ali, Dier, Henderson have regressed for various reasons. It wasn't long ago that Phil Jones and Loftus-Cheek were in contention, and now they're miles off.

I really like Henderson and hope he's fit, he's that bit of experience, with Rice protecting the defence, that will allow Mount to take the handbrake off.

Jude Bellingham on 15:53 - Jun 2 with 859 viewsitfcjoe

Jude Bellingham on 15:44 - Jun 2 by clive_baker

I can only assume they're pretty confident Henderson will be fit, otherwise I would imagine Ward-Prowse would've gone as more of a core central midfielder cover. It's pretty mad the extent to which Rice and Mount have emerged in the past 18 months from considerations to nailed on, and the likes of Dele Ali, Dier, Henderson have regressed for various reasons. It wasn't long ago that Phil Jones and Loftus-Cheek were in contention, and now they're miles off.

I really like Henderson and hope he's fit, he's that bit of experience, with Rice protecting the defence, that will allow Mount to take the handbrake off.

I don't think there is any real confidence in either Henderson or Maguire being fit, I wonder how things would have panned out if could only take 23 - but think they are both seen as excellent around the camp.

There's always a desire amongst fans to get younger players in, even now with this exceptionally young squad - this was really interesting and bodes well for upcoming torunaments when you see the ages of our key players

Jude Bellingham on 16:06 - Jun 2 with 826 viewsclive_baker

Jude Bellingham on 15:53 - Jun 2 by itfcjoe

I don't think there is any real confidence in either Henderson or Maguire being fit, I wonder how things would have panned out if could only take 23 - but think they are both seen as excellent around the camp.

There's always a desire amongst fans to get younger players in, even now with this exceptionally young squad - this was really interesting and bodes well for upcoming torunaments when you see the ages of our key players

That's encouraging. I do feel like England have always been 1 tournament away from greatness though. At some point we have to stop succession planning, and deliver in the here and now. We've been talking about the next generation for as long as I can remember, and tomorrow never comes. In the past I think we've turned our back on some of the experienced heads a little too early. Aside perhaps from Vardy I don't think there's anyone we've not taken that I really look at with regret this time around though, and that was more his decision, although no doubt driven by not getting enough minutes. As you say, we've definitely got a lot of talent emerging.

Jude Bellingham on 16:18 - Jun 2 with 800 viewsitfcjoe

Jude Bellingham on 16:06 - Jun 2 by clive_baker

That's encouraging. I do feel like England have always been 1 tournament away from greatness though. At some point we have to stop succession planning, and deliver in the here and now. We've been talking about the next generation for as long as I can remember, and tomorrow never comes. In the past I think we've turned our back on some of the experienced heads a little too early. Aside perhaps from Vardy I don't think there's anyone we've not taken that I really look at with regret this time around though, and that was more his decision, although no doubt driven by not getting enough minutes. As you say, we've definitely got a lot of talent emerging.

Yep, there is always a desire for some to build to next tournament but international football is the ultimate in 'Win Now' sport for me. I think this squad covers both well - it's light in a few areas but that is due to not having the options rather than because of the selection

Jude Bellingham on 16:46 - Jun 2 with 749 viewschicoazul

Jude Bellingham on 15:34 - Jun 2 by itfcjoe

Mount could play one of the deep lying roles.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jude Bellingham on 18:43 - Jun 2 with 613 viewsStokieBlue

Jude Bellingham on 15:21 - Jun 2 by OwainG1992

But Rice is a DM.

You'd pick Lingard ahead of Mount and you think Mount can do a job in a deeper role?

Can't agree with either of those statements.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024