Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Horrible scenes in the Denmark game 17:43 - Jun 12 with 5521 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Eriksen collapsed receiving treatment.

Fingers crossed.
Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:14 - Jun 12 with 1666 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:11 - Jun 12 by IpswichKnight

Think that’s more to make sure the crowd don’t see it. Stadium should really have screens that can be brought on to allow medical teams to work while the crowd and players are moved away. BBC aren’t responding for the TV production either that will be the Danish TV or UEFA producers.

I am quite sure it was Danish TV. However, the BBC could and should have cut the coverage. If it was the crowd, they would have stood between Eriksen and the crowd. They stood between him and the camera. They clearly knew it was still being broadcast.

They did get a large white sheet as a screen after a while, which is what is always used in grounds, in the stand or on the pitch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:14 - Jun 12 with 1642 views26_Paz

Awful scenes. Prayers with him and his family. Puts it all into perspective.

The Paz Man

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:15 - Jun 12 with 1643 viewsvapour_trail

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:07 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

You have to think Sky would have handled it a lot better. I turned it to the cricket - are Lineker and co still waffling in the studio? I do feel for them a bit because what do they do in that situation?

I really felt for Lineker & co in the studio, that must have been really tough. Glad they cut it off.

Assume Eriksen was there when Muamba went down?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:17 - Jun 12 with 1586 viewsDanTheMan

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:14 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am quite sure it was Danish TV. However, the BBC could and should have cut the coverage. If it was the crowd, they would have stood between Eriksen and the crowd. They stood between him and the camera. They clearly knew it was still being broadcast.

They did get a large white sheet as a screen after a while, which is what is always used in grounds, in the stand or on the pitch.

They just needed time to get something prepped, they probably weren't expecting something like that to happen.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:07]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:17 - Jun 12 with 1583 viewstonybied

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:11 - Jun 12 by IpswichKnight

Think that’s more to make sure the crowd don’t see it. Stadium should really have screens that can be brought on to allow medical teams to work while the crowd and players are moved away. BBC aren’t responding for the TV production either that will be the Danish TV or UEFA producers.

The BBC can choose to cut to the studio at any time they wish though. I must admit that was very intrusive footage in what potentially could be someones last living moments.

I feel sick.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 18:18]
Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:17 - Jun 12 with 1574 viewsSwansea_Blue

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:14 - Jun 12 by 26_Paz

Awful scenes. Prayers with him and his family. Puts it all into perspective.

It certainly does. Be nice to everyone people and value life. We only get one shot.

On that note, I'm out. Take care all. Let's hope for some good news later this evening.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:19 - Jun 12 with 1520 viewsjudespiveyg

Looks like he's alive thankfully

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:21 - Jun 12 with 1423 viewsbluejacko

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:19 - Jun 12 by judespiveyg

Looks like he's alive thankfully

Excellent news
Login to get fewer ads

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:24 - Jun 12 with 1341 viewsN2_Blue

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:21 - Jun 12 by bluejacko

Excellent news

Wow! I so hope this is true, amazing that not only he is alive but conscious. Will wait something verified I think. Seems too good to be true but praying it is!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:24 - Jun 12 with 1337 viewsZXBlue

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:21 - Jun 12 by bluejacko

Excellent news

Still not on the bbc. They have let themselves down badly here
Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:25 - Jun 12 with 1309 viewsDanTheMan

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:24 - Jun 12 by ZXBlue

They usually wait for a verified source to let them know what's happening. Given they've already cut away I'm not sure what you want them to do?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:26 - Jun 12 with 1273 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They did poorly not cutting coverage earlier. Probably should have a scroll bar explaining the lack of coverage along the lines of what SSN are putting up - "game suspended after Eriksen collapses on pitch and receives treatment from medics".

EDIT: Plus Charlie Dimmock has put a lot of weight on since I last saw her!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 18:27]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:28 - Jun 12 with 1207 viewsvapour_trail

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:26 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

They did poorly not cutting coverage earlier. Probably should have a scroll bar explaining the lack of coverage along the lines of what SSN are putting up - "game suspended after Eriksen collapses on pitch and receives treatment from medics".

EDIT: Plus Charlie Dimmock has put a lot of weight on since I last saw her!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 18:27]

I find the appetite of people to dig out others who are covering these events before we even know what has happened, really distasteful.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:32 - Jun 12 with 1144 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Uefa statement saying,

“Following the medical emergency for Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET. The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised”.

🤞🤞🤞
Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:35 - Jun 12 with 1095 viewsZXBlue

Dont know what the down arrows are for. The thread is full fo criticism for the bbc for how much they showed. Then they have then been way later than others in confirming he was rescuscitated, which is surely what everyone desperately wanted to know.
Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:38 - Jun 12 with 1057 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah. They reported he was awake only a couple of minutes after your post. They are normally a bit slow off the mark checking stuff, so no issue here at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:38 - Jun 12 with 1056 viewspositivity

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:35 - Jun 12 by ZXBlue

Dont know what the down arrows are for. The thread is full fo criticism for the bbc for how much they showed. Then they have then been way later than others in confirming he was rescuscitated, which is surely what everyone desperately wanted to know.

the bbc's policy is to get independently verified sources before reporting.

thankfully it was good news this time, but imagine the (rightful) clamour if they'd reported a rumour which turned out to be false.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:38 - Jun 12 with 1047 viewstractordownsouth

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:24 - Jun 12 by N2_Blue

Wow! I so hope this is true, amazing that not only he is alive but conscious. Will wait something verified I think. Seems too good to be true but praying it is!

UEFA have released a statement saying he’s okay, which is a massive relief

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:41 - Jun 12 with 995 viewspositivity

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:38 - Jun 12 by tractordownsouth

UEFA have released a statement saying he’s okay, which is a massive relief

and "The Danish FA says Christian Eriksen is awake and waiting more tests in hospital."

sounds hopeful

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:42 - Jun 12 with 986 viewsDanTheMan

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:38 - Jun 12 by positivity

the bbc's policy is to get independently verified sources before reporting.

thankfully it was good news this time, but imagine the (rightful) clamour if they'd reported a rumour which turned out to be false.

Especially as we were all going off a promising picture. But he could have been conscious for a bit and got worse on the way to hospital or all sorts.

They posted just before the UEFA statement they were still waiting to hear on his condition. We had to wait all of an extra 15-20 minutes for them to verify him being OK.

I cannot believe this is the stick someone would choose to beat the BBC with.

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:57 - Jun 12 with 866 viewsZXBlue

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:38 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

Nah. They reported he was awake only a couple of minutes after your post. They are normally a bit slow off the mark checking stuff, so no issue here at all.

The website was a good ten minutes after other posts elsewhere showing him awake.
Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:59 - Jun 12 with 845 views26_Paz

Whilst I don’t want to switch focus from wishing the player well. I’ve seen people all over social media as well as here having a go at the BBC. Keeping in mind the pictures come from an external source I thought they handled the situation quite well in the circumstances.

The Paz Man

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:59 - Jun 12 with 844 viewsN2_Blue

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:57 - Jun 12 by ZXBlue

The website was a good ten minutes after other posts elsewhere showing him awake.

do you understand what the word 'verified' means?

Stop making an issue of something that isn't there

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 19:01 - Jun 12 with 825 viewsDanTheMan

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 18:59 - Jun 12 by 26_Paz

Whilst I don’t want to switch focus from wishing the player well. I’ve seen people all over social media as well as here having a go at the BBC. Keeping in mind the pictures come from an external source I thought they handled the situation quite well in the circumstances.

Agreed, I was probably harsh on them earlier without really thinking it through.

They aren't in control of the cameras and imagine they just needed time to get something else ready as soon as it was obvious how serious it was.

Pearce was doing his best as did the people in the studio when there was nothing really they could say.

I imagine in future they'll have a better plan for this.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:01]

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 19:05 - Jun 12 with 790 viewsN2_Blue

Horrible scenes in the Denmark game on 19:01 - Jun 12 by DanTheMan

Agreed, I was probably harsh on them earlier without really thinking it through.

They aren't in control of the cameras and imagine they just needed time to get something else ready as soon as it was obvious how serious it was.

Pearce was doing his best as did the people in the studio when there was nothing really they could say.

I imagine in future they'll have a better plan for this.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:01]

Yes agreed. The BBC cut away from the pitch to studio eventually and then ended the show in appropriate manner. I do wish they'd have cut away from the broadcaster camera earlier but was probably out of their control to do so immediately.

What was distasteful was the actual camera footage which as someone pointed out to me would have been Danish TV or UEFA.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024