Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is the wrong call to play this game 19:18 - Jun 12 with 2786 viewsvapour_trail

The absolute antithesis of trauma informed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:20 - Jun 12 with 2766 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently the players requested to play and UEFA agreed they could.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:20 - Jun 12 with 2762 viewsDanTheMan

Excuse my ignorance, but what is trauma informed?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:22 - Jun 12 with 2706 viewsfactual_blue

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:20 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

Apparently the players requested to play and UEFA agreed they could.

The players of both teams.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:24 - Jun 12 with 2676 viewsazuremerlangus

Apart from both teams, UEFA and the fans who have stayed in the ground no one wants this to be played…
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:25]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

No, it's the correct call. (n/t) on 19:27 - Jun 12 with 2615 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:28 - Jun 12 with 2616 viewsjeera

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:24 - Jun 12 by azuremerlangus

Apart from both teams, UEFA and the fans who have stayed in the ground no one wants this to be played…
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:25]

I suppose it wouldn't be unfair to wonder if there has been some pressure to push on, but if all concerned have said it's ok then who are we to argue, sure.

It feels a bit off to me but there ya go, I'm not involved.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:30 - Jun 12 with 2571 viewsvapour_trail

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:20 - Jun 12 by DanTheMan

Excuse my ignorance, but what is trauma informed?

An approach Dan, that fully accounts for the trauma encountered by the protagonists. Apologies, I work around child abuse and have gone a bit work mode.

I don’t think either team should have been asked to play tonight. Of course they’re both likely to say yes, but that really is ignoring what they’ve been through this evening.

However, fair play to them all. I hope it’s a draw.

Kaspar Schmeicel is a prince among men.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:32]

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:34 - Jun 12 with 2518 viewstownblue

I imagine there is a high risk of injuries too when everyone has cooled down and then have to play at full intensity again.
Login to get fewer ads

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:34 - Jun 12 with 2512 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Players decision, that's ok with me.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:41 - Jun 12 with 2447 viewsBarcaBlue

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:34 - Jun 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Players decision, that's ok with me.

You have to question their state of mind after what they had seen and been through an hour or so earlier. I don't believe they should have been given the option to return today.
Eriksen has spoken to the players..... on 19:42 - Jun 12 with 2426 viewsBloots

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:41 - Jun 12 by BarcaBlue

You have to question their state of mind after what they had seen and been through an hour or so earlier. I don't believe they should have been given the option to return today.

....I assume he asked them to play and they agreed.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:43 - Jun 12 with 2410 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:41 - Jun 12 by BarcaBlue

I would have fully understood if they didn't want to play, and am surprised that they are doing.

But I also fully support their right to make that decision and to play for Christian. Good luck to them.

Given that they must've had some very positive news, maybe they find it easier to play than to sit and think about it right now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:44 - Jun 12 with 2394 viewsbluejacko

Obviously these Northmen are made of sterner stuff than some👏
Eriksen has spoken to the players..... on 19:44 - Jun 12 with 2396 viewsvapour_trail

Eriksen has spoken to the players..... on 19:42 - Jun 12 by Bloots

....I assume he asked them to play and they agreed.

Has he? That’s really great news.

I don’t think that changes what the players have experienced though.

However, we’re back on. It’s something for reflection on down the line now.

Eriksen has spoken to the players..... on 19:49 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewspointofblue

Eriksen has spoken to the players..... on 19:44 - Jun 12 by vapour_trail

Has he? That’s really great news.

I don’t think that changes what the players have experienced though.

However, we’re back on. It’s something for reflection on down the line now.

It is possible as they were around him whilst he was carried off the pitch and he was conscious. They just said on 5 Live that he spoke to his teammates.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:51 - Jun 12 with 2297 views26_Paz

Struck me as a little odd. Once it was clear that the worst had been avoided I was thinking maybe tomorrow at the earliest.

The Paz Man

Eriksen has spoken to the players..... on 19:51 - Jun 12 with 2298 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Eriksen has spoken to the players..... on 19:49 - Jun 12 by pointofblue

It is possible as they were around him whilst he was carried off the pitch and he was conscious. They just said on 5 Live that he spoke to his teammates.

I suspect his team mates had positive signs of recovery before the wider world did.

Still very traumatic though, but I respect their decision.

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:56 - Jun 12 with 2224 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:30 - Jun 12 by vapour_trail

An approach Dan, that fully accounts for the trauma encountered by the protagonists. Apologies, I work around child abuse and have gone a bit work mode.

I don’t think either team should have been asked to play tonight. Of course they’re both likely to say yes, but that really is ignoring what they’ve been through this evening.

However, fair play to them all. I hope it’s a draw.

Kaspar Schmeicel is a prince among men.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:32]

What did he do?
Been keeping a distance from events.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This is the wrong call to play this game on 20:01 - Jun 12 with 2164 viewsvapour_trail

This is the wrong call to play this game on 19:56 - Jun 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

What did he do?
Been keeping a distance from events.

I wasn’t watching at the time, but I believe he led the players to form a ring around Eriksen, and then at the restart went over to hug all the Finnish guys ahead of the second kick off.

There’s no way he concedes that goal on any other day.

This is the wrong call to play this game on 20:08 - Jun 12 with 2082 viewsWD19

This is the wrong call to play this game on 20:01 - Jun 12 by vapour_trail

I wasn’t watching at the time, but I believe he led the players to form a ring around Eriksen, and then at the restart went over to hug all the Finnish guys ahead of the second kick off.

Yes. He also kept it together and went and met Eriksens partner from the stand and updated her.
This is the wrong call to play this game on 20:09 - Jun 12 with 2075 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is the wrong call to play this game on 20:01 - Jun 12 by vapour_trail

Thanks!
There's been a goal?

Edit...and what an area that you work in btw....credit to you!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 20:11]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024