Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" 21:42 - Jun 18 with 1713 viewsfooters

And some people wonder why we don't back the national side?

So fcking boring. Even if we have the attacking iniative we pass it backwards.

Absolutely awful.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:28 - Jun 18 with 407 viewsWeWereZombies

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:15 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

It’s becoming endemic. Football by numbers - probe, lines get cut off, pass back and recycle, switching play to half heartedly look for an overload on one side, lines cut off, pass back and recycle. Repeat ad infinity. So many teams do it. I wonder if it’s a result of the formalisation of training; I bet there’s a coaching manual out there and everyone’s been following that same one.

It’s a breath of fresh air now when teams try to play differently and take a few risks.

And yet Scotland eleven shots, England nine (although Scotland only managed two on target and England one) - so not like most of the Town performances this season, also both teams had over 80% passing accuracy. That can make a game seem formulaic but you need that level of skill if decent attacks are going to happen.

But my overall impression is that I enjoyed the game because I was watching on STV and the crowd noise was cranked up, the commentators engaged and enthusiastic. Was it just that the ITV commentary was rubbish?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 398 viewsChurchman

England didn’t have a clue and deserved to lose. Even if you have better players, you have to match the effort and earn the right to play. Sideways and backwards. Mings talked about a lack of intensity. They were playing Scotland at home. What more incentive do you need? The only player showing anything apart from the keeper who did well was Foden and the clueless idiot took him off!!
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 389 viewsm14_blue

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 22:24 - Jun 18 by The_Last_Baron

Agree. The current way of playing football by many sides is monotonous and dull.

Indeed, and that’s why there is such a clamour for Grealish - a player capable of the unexpected and willing to take a risk.

It’s probably also why Southgate clearly doesn’t trust him.
"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 07:30 - Jun 19 with 300 viewsPlums

Yet a couple of us pointed out exactly the same against Croatia and were derided on here for it. English football is generally fast, furious and direct yet in the international arena we seem to think we’re able to play a different game. It’s nonsensical.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

"England struggle to draw against Scotland" on 07:40 - Jun 19 with 290 viewstextbackup

you've backed itfc and its all we done for 2 years

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024