Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klinsmann 19:33 - Jun 29 with 2327 viewsjeera

Cool guy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Klinsmann on 19:42 - Jun 29 with 1980 viewsHighgateBlue

It's lovely to be able to be magnanimous rather than bitter! Not sure I've ever felt like this before!

But yes, he's a cool guy :)
Klinsmann on 19:42 - Jun 29 with 1972 viewsBarcaBlue

Class act. Speaks a lot of sense every time he's on. Funny for a German too
Klinsmann on 19:46 - Jun 29 with 1960 viewsLord_Lucan

I was just saying that to the lads. When he first came over here everyone hated him because he was a German diver - but then he used to drive to Tottenham in his VW beetle and he really got into it and he turned everyone around.

Brilliant bloke

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Klinsmann on 19:47 - Jun 29 with 1945 viewsChrisd

Certainly couldn’t have been easy for him to cope with that, but he did very well biting his lip and showing such diplomacy.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Klinsmann on 19:48 - Jun 29 with 1932 viewshoppy

I thought Spurs could do worse than getting him in as their new manager!

Definitely got a quality about him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Klinsmann on 19:48 - Jun 29 with 1932 viewsOldboy

My favourite German, if you can have such a thing.
Klinsmann on 19:50 - Jun 29 with 1923 viewsChrisd

Klinsmann on 19:48 - Jun 29 by hoppy

I thought Spurs could do worse than getting him in as their new manager!

Definitely got a quality about him.

I see Lineker keeps mentioning this too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Klinsmann on 19:51 - Jun 29 with 1919 viewsjeera

Klinsmann on 19:48 - Jun 29 by Oldboy

German women are good card players, apparently.

Login to get fewer ads

Klinsmann on 20:03 - Jun 29 with 1855 viewsLord_Lucan

Klinsmann on 19:51 - Jun 29 by jeera

I love the Hun, but they are a confused people. They are a very well organised lot. My only criticism is that they are a bit square, I know it's a comedic thing but they are actually a bit straight laced - these days.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Klinsmann on 20:18 - Jun 29 with 1785 viewsSteve_M

Klinsmann on 19:46 - Jun 29 by Lord_Lucan

I was just saying that to the lads. When he first came over here everyone hated him because he was a German diver - but then he used to drive to Tottenham in his VW beetle and he really got into it and he turned everyone around.

Brilliant bloke

Scored the winner at Hillsborough in his first match and did a diving celebration. He was great and Spurs started that season playing ridiculously attacking football.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Klinsmann on 20:19 - Jun 29 with 1780 viewsBarcaBlue

Klinsmann on 20:03 - Jun 29 by Lord_Lucan

I love the Hun, but they are a confused people. They are a very well organised lot. My only criticism is that they are a bit square, I know it's a comedic thing but they are actually a bit straight laced - these days.

I was best man (main witness I think they called it) at a wedding in Heidelburg in the early 90's. It was a German couple I met on the beach in Spain 2 years earlier. Think they thought it was funny to have an English guy signing their wedding vows or whatever. Lovely people, very funny too. I got back in touch with them recently and they now have a sheep farm on an island in a Norwegian fjord. All sorts and all that.
Klinsmann on 20:21 - Jun 29 with 1764 viewshoppy

Klinsmann on 19:48 - Jun 29 by Oldboy

I dunno… there’s a few that come over with the Dusseldorf lot that are good blokes.

Klinsmann on 20:33 - Jun 29 with 1716 viewsChurchman

He is. His command of English is better than most English people’s. Top player too. I saw him live when Spurs played at PR in the 90s and he was the best player on the pitch. He murdered us.

A friend of mine works for a German company in Bavaria and a group of us have been there a few times for golf competitions and fun and they’ve been to the U.K. too. They’re good hosts and great company. Always felt comfortable there. The way forward with Germans is to get them hammered. The defences and correctness goes out of the window and the fun starts.
Klinsmann on 20:37 - Jun 29 with 1687 viewsRIPbobby

Klinsmann on 20:33 - Jun 29 by Churchman

He is. His command of English is better than most English people’s. Top player too. I saw him live when Spurs played at PR in the 90s and he was the best player on the pitch. He murdered us.

A friend of mine works for a German company in Bavaria and a group of us have been there a few times for golf competitions and fun and they’ve been to the U.K. too. They’re good hosts and great company. Always felt comfortable there. The way forward with Germans is to get them hammered. The defences and correctness goes out of the window and the fun starts.

I thought dumtrescue played well that night too. We played well that night, but lost 3-1 from memory.
Klinsmann on 20:39 - Jun 29 with 1667 viewsDeano69

Are they Major?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Klinsmann on 20:40 - Jun 29 with 1663 viewsMullet

Not the only German showing good grace

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Klinsmann on 20:41 - Jun 29 with 1651 viewsChurchman

Klinsmann on 20:37 - Jun 29 by RIPbobby

I thought dumtrescue played well that night too. We played well that night, but lost 3-1 from memory.

Yep, 3-1. I was quite close to the pitch in lower Pioneer that night and Klinsmann moved our defenders around like no tomorrow. We played ok, but my (failing) memory was that he was the main difference.
Klinsmann on 21:08 - Jun 29 with 1564 viewsGunnsAirkick

Always liked the guy. I remember seeing him up close when Spurs came to Portman Road and was in awe of him.

EDIT: Seen the match discussed above, whoops! Should probably read the whole thread.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 21:12]
Klinsmann on 21:26 - Jun 29 with 1498 viewsbazza

Brilliant bloke

I can remember that, when he came to play for Spurs, signing autographs out of
His beetle window. Always been a true gentleman, German Bobby robson.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 29 with 1490 viewsbazza

Brilliant bloke

Klinsmann on 21:44 - Jun 29 with 1414 viewsstonojnr

Klinsmann on 20:41 - Jun 29 by Churchman

Yep, 3-1. I was quite close to the pitch in lower Pioneer that night and Klinsmann moved our defenders around like no tomorrow. We played ok, but my (failing) memory was that he was the main difference.

scored twice didnt he ? and I thought I remember he did dive to win a free kick or maybe it was everytime he went down he got alot of grief for it, but he did win the crowd over by the end.

and always been a good balanced pundit, BBC have used him for years now, reads the game well, Tottenham certainly wouldnt go far wrong with him as manager.
Klinsmann on 21:47 - Jun 29 with 1393 viewsjeera

Millsey has obviously never seen Fawlty Towers.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 21:52]

Klinsmann on 21:54 - Jun 29 with 1371 viewssolemio

Klinsmann on 21:47 - Jun 29 by jeera

Millsey has obviously never seen Fawlty Towers.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 21:52]

Don't mention Fawlty Towers.
Klinsmann on 22:03 - Jun 29 with 1354 viewshoppy

Klinsmann on 21:54 - Jun 29 by solemio

Don't mention Fawlty Towers.

I did once..,

Klinsmann on 22:04 - Jun 29 with 1352 viewsjeera

Klinsmann on 22:03 - Jun 29 by hoppy

I did once..,

I think you got away with it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024