Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This shames us all Part 2................... 09:04 - Jul 1 with 2199 viewsBlueNomad

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/england-germany-crying-girl-wemb

Just horrible.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:22 - Jul 1 with 506 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:16 - Jul 1 by PassionNotAnger

And you just constantly and repetitively look for ways to criticise England supporters. You come across as that miserable git of a neighbour that would moan about kids next door making noise and complain (to everyone else apart from the parents) about delinquent children making your life hell.

lol, you ok petal?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:23 - Jul 1 with 503 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:21 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

Whilst also talking about every other set of fans like they are saints - look at those Russians there, don't their knuckle dusters look lovely and really set their outfit off, what a great bunch of guys.

Where have I mentioned Russian fans?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:23 - Jul 1 with 486 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:28 - Jul 1 by mrshallisfit

Do you know what. I obviously wanted England to win the other night. But shortly after Kane's goal I went past a pub and heard the cretinous outpourings of England fans and just a bit of me wanted the Germans to get back in the game. I then conjured up an imagine in my mind of Tom Hunt writing his latest sermon about woke issues and many little Englanders reading and agreeing with his moronic ramblings, and every fibre of my being wanted the Germans to get back in the game.

Which pub was that please? -
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:23 - Jul 1 with 505 viewswaveneyblue

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:17 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

Things just go too far - I remember seeing the girl crying and raising a wry smile whilst Mrs itfcjoe who had wandered in gave a more responsible and parental reaction. Can imagine there was some mocking on the big screen....and that should be the end

But then photo gets photoshopped, Jimmy Saville holding her, Dad getting called a nonce, loads of other stuff and the line gets crossed by so far.

Exactly, things do have a tendency to go too far. I smirked when I saw her, thinking this is usually our kids and I guess that was probably the feeling of most.

The stuff that gets on to Social Media, calling a child a Slag etc etc is utterly wrong BUT there will always be the minority that push things too far.

In general, I believe that the vast majority of Football fans, be it domestically or Nationally are decent people who simply want their team to win. The media witch hunt wants you to believe otherwise sadly.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:24 - Jul 1 with 495 viewsPassionNotAnger

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:22 - Jul 1 by noggin

lol, you ok petal?

Significantly happier and more content than you I should think snowflake
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:26 - Jul 1 with 482 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:24 - Jul 1 by PassionNotAnger

Significantly happier and more content than you I should think snowflake

Good to hear. PM if you need a shoulder.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:30 - Jul 1 with 464 viewsPassionNotAnger

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:21 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

Whilst also talking about every other set of fans like they are saints - look at those Russians there, don't their knuckle dusters look lovely and really set their outfit off, what a great bunch of guys.

Wasn’t this poster also praising the Hungary fans at one point too!? Still a downvote from him/her probably should be taken as a badge of honour!
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:31 - Jul 1 with 455 viewsfooters

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:30 - Jul 1 by PassionNotAnger

Wasn’t this poster also praising the Hungary fans at one point too!? Still a downvote from him/her probably should be taken as a badge of honour!

If you mean criticising, yes.

And for my two penneth on the subject: grown men laughing at a little girl crying is just tragic. How petty can people be.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:34 - Jul 1 with 448 viewsBlueNomad

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:01 - Jul 1 by brazil1982

Have you been to many England games? It's certainly not worse than then 1990s when I followed them home and away. Away with England could be a terrifying / adrenaline fuelled experience. It's rather calm these days.

I'm not talking about it in exclusively football terms. My comment applies to this country in general.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:38 - Jul 1 with 423 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:30 - Jul 1 by PassionNotAnger

I criticised Hungarian Nazis, otherwise I don't think I have mentioned Hungary.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 378 viewspeterleeblue

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:10 - Jul 1 by Fixed_It

I agree that adults laughing at an upset kid is pretty moronic.
But I also think that she would he totally oblivious to the online abuse unless someone actually showed it to her. Unless, of course, she goes to school in England (which she probably does) and her classmates are taking the proverbial. Which kids are likely to do...

I saw the little girl crying and immediately thought "how lucky she is to have years and years ahead of her of certain World Cup / Euro wins to look forward to"

I actually think decent Germans of a certain vintage were actually pleased for us in a way that our 50+ years of torment was finally.

I for one am now pleased that the "distress" of 90 and 96 is now finally laid to rest.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 11:44 - Jul 1 with 352 viewsclive_baker

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:17 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

Things just go too far - I remember seeing the girl crying and raising a wry smile whilst Mrs itfcjoe who had wandered in gave a more responsible and parental reaction. Can imagine there was some mocking on the big screen....and that should be the end

But then photo gets photoshopped, Jimmy Saville holding her, Dad getting called a nonce, loads of other stuff and the line gets crossed by so far.

Exactly. I said 'that's an important life lesson right there, she'll enjoy the wins more after this' and my wife said she felt sorry for her. Move on, nothing to see here. The c**** that think to make meme's out of it and spread it online is just weird, quite frankly. Odd attention seeking behaviour and just utterly embarrassing. The thing that winds me up is we're both, and most on this forum probably in the 98%, but the small minority of twits have the loudest voice online when they do stuff like that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This shames us all Part 2................... on 12:08 - Jul 1 with 316 viewsbrazil1982

This shames us all Part 2................... on 11:44 - Jul 1 by clive_baker

Exactly. I said 'that's an important life lesson right there, she'll enjoy the wins more after this' and my wife said she felt sorry for her. Move on, nothing to see here. The c**** that think to make meme's out of it and spread it online is just weird, quite frankly. Odd attention seeking behaviour and just utterly embarrassing. The thing that winds me up is we're both, and most on this forum probably in the 98%, but the small minority of twits have the loudest voice online when they do stuff like that.

I'm always amazed at the speed this mems / videos are produced!
This shames us all Part 2................... (n/t) on 15:26 - Jul 1 with 249 viewslongtimefan

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:59 - Jul 1 by noggin

Who is 'tarring all England fans with the same brush'?
I am an England fan myself.

'She looks to be about 7 or 8. You need to be 13 to have a twitter account. '
You're now looking for excuses.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 10:01]

Edited due to incorrect poster Id.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 15:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024