Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… 23:29 - Jul 11 with 1619 viewsITFC_Forever

…. that we would lose to Italy on penalties in the Euro 2020 Final.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 00:16 - Jul 12 with 1542 viewsSitfcB

Look at the numbers hahahahaha

Must’ve been about 6 when he tweeted that

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 00:29 - Jul 12 with 1496 viewsHARRY10

You can't 'call' something before the event - you mean predict

'Call' is a decision made AFTER an event

As in baseball, where the umpire 'makes a call'

basically calling (shouting) whether the player is in, or out at a base, or as with 'it's your call' where it's you to make the decision
Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 00:56 - Jul 12 with 1445 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 00:29 - Jul 12 by HARRY10

You can't 'call' something before the event - you mean predict

'Call' is a decision made AFTER an event

As in baseball, where the umpire 'makes a call'

basically calling (shouting) whether the player is in, or out at a base, or as with 'it's your call' where it's you to make the decision

I bet you’re fun at parties.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 07:09 - Jul 12 with 1362 viewsITFC_Forever

Now it’s morning….

Cam, some questions….

How did you even remember making that tweet? And then manage to find it?

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 11:29 - Jul 12 with 1107 viewsTractorCam

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 07:09 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

Now it’s morning….

Cam, some questions….

How did you even remember making that tweet? And then manage to find it?

Good morning.

It was a guy in India who discovered the tweet around 4pm yesterday afternoon, the backstory to him is that he always finds random stuff like this and brings it to life before it happens. Indians were calling me a time traveller, the meaning is as soon as he revived the tweet it was 100%, definitely going to happen. I stuck a bet on it straight away.

I had forgot all about the tweet when the game was going on thanks to Shaw's early goal, but as soon as Bonucci equalised the notifications were coming in again and I knew it was going to happen.

As for the actual tweet, I have no idea the context. It was presumably just me playing FIFA or something, i'm sure there's a tweet before it which would probably offer context but I wouldn't know how to find it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 12:31 - Jul 12 with 1012 viewsNewcyBlue

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 11:29 - Jul 12 by TractorCam

Good morning.

It was a guy in India who discovered the tweet around 4pm yesterday afternoon, the backstory to him is that he always finds random stuff like this and brings it to life before it happens. Indians were calling me a time traveller, the meaning is as soon as he revived the tweet it was 100%, definitely going to happen. I stuck a bet on it straight away.

I had forgot all about the tweet when the game was going on thanks to Shaw's early goal, but as soon as Bonucci equalised the notifications were coming in again and I knew it was going to happen.

As for the actual tweet, I have no idea the context. It was presumably just me playing FIFA or something, i'm sure there's a tweet before it which would probably offer context but I wouldn't know how to find it.

That’s outstanding.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 12:37 - Jul 12 with 987 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 00:56 - Jul 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I bet you’re fun at parties.

I bet he isn't.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 14:35 - Jul 12 with 862 viewsITFC_Forever

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 11:29 - Jul 12 by TractorCam

Good morning.

That's incredible.....

Hope you've got enough plutonium for the flux capacitor to move on again....

Login to get fewer ads

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 14:58 - Jul 12 with 816 viewsTrequartista

Good morning.

If you click on the dots next to the search box it brings up advanced search where you can then search tweets only from yourself only on that date, and no I am not a professional stalker honest

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 15:00 - Jul 12 with 802 viewsSteve_M

Good morning.

If you were really curious:

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-advanced-search

I can find old tweets of mine by search term but can't get it to work with dates.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 15:11 - Jul 12 with 759 viewsTractorCam

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 15:00 - Jul 12 by Steve_M

If you were really curious:

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/twitter-advanced-search

I can find old tweets of mine by search term but can't get it to work with dates.

Thanks guys, I did google and check it out earlier. There was no pre tweet but an hour later there was a picture of a match I played on FIFA, so I can use that to hide my identity if someone gets too curious

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 15:38 - Jul 12 with 708 viewsSteve_M

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 15:11 - Jul 12 by TractorCam

Thanks guys, I did google and check it out earlier. There was no pre tweet but an hour later there was a picture of a match I played on FIFA, so I can use that to hide my identity if someone gets too curious

Your notifications though.... My solitary viral tweet got to about 5,000 retweets and mine went crazy for a week.

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 16:01 - Jul 12 with 668 viewsRyorry

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 15:38 - Jul 12 by Steve_M

Your notifications though.... My solitary viral tweet got to about 5,000 retweets and mine went crazy for a week.

You can turn notifications, or notifications for any individual tweet off (I think).

Was the viral tweet anything to do with ITFC?!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 16:03]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 16:07 - Jul 12 with 655 viewsSamWhiteUK

Good morning.

So are Town getting promoted this year then? Or do we have to wait until 2029?
Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 16:15 - Jul 12 with 638 viewsRyorry

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 16:07 - Jul 12 by SamWhiteUK

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 16:44 - Jul 12 with 589 viewsSteve_M

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 16:01 - Jul 12 by Ryorry

You can turn notifications, or notifications for any individual tweet off (I think).

Was the viral tweet anything to do with ITFC?!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 16:03]

Oh yes, I worked out very quickly what to change (although then I turned my iPad on and had to do the same there).

No it was political, very soon after the Brexit vote.

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 17:00 - Jul 12 with 568 viewsTractorCam

Don’t know how to link to Twitter, but Cam called it in 2013… on 16:07 - Jul 12 by SamWhiteUK

This year, 100 points 100 goals!

As for notifications, as there's so many it can't keep up with them all. My phone doesn't actually buzz when someone retweets/likes so it's not unbearable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024