Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senior squad then.... 08:43 - Jul 15 with 8843 viewsitfcjoe

GK
Hladky, Holy
Potential for a one in-one out deal with Holy otherwise seem set

RB
KVY, Donacien, (Burns)
Think we'll look to shift Donacien still and get one in

LB
Penney
Signing a first choice LB still a key signing

CB
Woolfie, Nsiala
2 signings needed here, one senior, one up and coming

CM
Harper, Evans, Nolan, (El Mizouni, Fraser)
Look one player short here

AM/Wingers
Fraser, Dobra, Burns, El Mizouni, (Bonne)
Look 2 players short in these roles

Strikers
Pigoot, Bonne, Norwood
All set

Think it leaves us needing 6 players, with potential for another couple of Holy and Donacien go out

Some are greater priorities than others, but think we will end up signing 13-14 players before window shuts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Senior squad then.... on 08:54 - Jul 16 with 172 viewsdavblue

Senior squad then.... on 22:07 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

Not the same discussion.

The owner and the chairman stated they wouldnt go down the route of putting additional funds in to keep the club within league 1 financial limits. That's not me guessing that's what they said.

Hopefully the losses that we had under Evans will be reduced for various reasons.. 1 being the massive size of our squad has been reduced. The increase in season tickets. Increase in commercial activity and hopefully a full season of home attendances. We were losing over £170k per home game last season.

The purpose of my replies within this thread isnt about the owners using their funds for things like staff. Stand refurbs etc. Its about the earlier claim of us handing out extreme levels of wages. Which I dont believe we will as we will still have our own restrictions based on the fact that the owners wont be putting in any extra £ for the purpose of transfers or salary.

Will we make losses.. who knows. We dont know if we will have a cup run yet etc which could make a massive difference. But one thing for certain.. this new ownership group has the set up to run it a lot better than Evans.

Of course we are going to lose money, quite a lot as well.
Senior squad then.... on 08:55 - Jul 16 with 172 viewsBeckets

Senior squad then.... on 08:08 - Jul 16 by tractorboy1978

What £ value would you describe as an enormous salary in L1?

You’re wasting your time there. I asked him the same question yesterday and didn’t get an answer!
Senior squad then.... on 08:55 - Jul 16 with 169 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Going back to the OP, I think we will carry a smaller squad and try to build a team spirit.

I agree over the keepers. Holy should be a good back up but we could improve on him. I am not a fan of two keepers competing on an equal footing for the spot, though. A first choice with someone potentially pushing them for their spot is far better.

In defence Donacien and Kenlock provide cover. I also think Baggott and Ndaba should be up to providing temporary cover. However, that depends a little on whether they might go out on loan. An experienced CB for cover or even as first choice would be a good idea. I disagree with needing anything more than that, though. If we could replace Kenlock with better I am sure we would.

CM depends a little on the system. Downes leaving means we could probably do with another for cover. If we are looking to play 2 we have enough but looking for 3 then we would need another.

Again, strikers depends a little on whether he might go 2 up front. If he might, we could do with another experienced one.

Overall, I think we need a squad of around 24 with the flexibility amongst 5 or 6 to cover a few positions. Donacien, Burns, El Mizouni, Fraser and Bonne provide some of that flexibility. I reckon we could do with someone who can cover defensively and maybe midfield as well still.

A clear first choice 11, with a fairly clear 7 subs and then around 6 who are squad cover and can push to take the place of anyone who is not performing would seem right to me. I would like that squad cover to be a route into the first team picture for academy prospects so having Ndaba, Baggott, Simpson among them would be good but only if they really are good enough. There is a degree to which how can you tell unless they do get a chance, though?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024