Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senior squad then.... 08:43 - Jul 15 with 8848 viewsitfcjoe

GK
Hladky, Holy
Potential for a one in-one out deal with Holy otherwise seem set

RB
KVY, Donacien, (Burns)
Think we'll look to shift Donacien still and get one in

LB
Penney
Signing a first choice LB still a key signing

CB
Woolfie, Nsiala
2 signings needed here, one senior, one up and coming

CM
Harper, Evans, Nolan, (El Mizouni, Fraser)
Look one player short here

AM/Wingers
Fraser, Dobra, Burns, El Mizouni, (Bonne)
Look 2 players short in these roles

Strikers
Pigoot, Bonne, Norwood
All set

Think it leaves us needing 6 players, with potential for another couple of Holy and Donacien go out

Some are greater priorities than others, but think we will end up signing 13-14 players before window shuts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Senior squad then.... on 09:57 - Jul 15 with 1511 viewsWallingford_Boy

Senior squad then.... on 09:38 - Jul 15 by tractorboy1978

Donacien is the total polar opposite to a PC full back. We want effectively wingers playing there, players comfortable bombing on and who have end product in the final third.

Have you ever seen Donacian play? He is exactly that. Played like a winger at times on Saturday, running past Burns and getting the ball in the box loads.

Maybe that was an instruction from PC, but he is certainly an attacking full back.

RIP Sir Bobby

Senior squad then.... on 10:04 - Jul 15 with 1490 viewspointofblue

Senior squad then.... on 09:19 - Jul 15 by NthQldITFC

Do you really see Harper as backup!?

From the admittedly little I've seen of him he looks excellent, possibly a little raw, but still looks like he'll absolutely dominate midfields in the third division.

Not usually but if we bring in Crooks on top of Evans and Fraser then yes, unless we’re planning to use Fraser on the left.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Senior squad then.... on 10:07 - Jul 15 with 1479 viewsWallingford_Boy

Senior squad then.... on 10:04 - Jul 15 by pointofblue

Not usually but if we bring in Crooks on top of Evans and Fraser then yes, unless we’re planning to use Fraser on the left.

Agreed.

No way Evans won't start every week, can see Fraser joining him in the middle, so Harper could well be the one to drop out. Especially if (hopefully when) Crooks joins.

RIP Sir Bobby

Senior squad then.... on 10:09 - Jul 15 with 1476 viewsGarv

Wingers and centre halves lacking hugely at the mo. You'd think these would be the focus.

Long way to go, though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Senior squad then.... on 10:11 - Jul 15 with 1469 viewsTractorCam

Senior squad then.... on 09:49 - Jul 15 by RopeyAdvice

It would be interesting to see 'if' we do sign crooks, where fraser and crooks would play in the same team.. from what i gather theyre both in the number 10?

That was my thought too, I can't see how you could play both at the same time. That's a happy problem to have for us fans though, rather than scrapping over Judge and Bishop!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Senior squad then.... on 10:12 - Jul 15 with 1467 viewsGarv

Senior squad then.... on 09:10 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I think if season were to start tomorrow and all fit we'd see Burns at RB and KVY at LB - but that is an area we need improvement - possibly a PL loan at RB

Don't fancy Penney then?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Senior squad then.... on 10:16 - Jul 15 with 1449 viewspointofblue

Senior squad then.... on 09:57 - Jul 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Have you ever seen Donacian play? He is exactly that. Played like a winger at times on Saturday, running past Burns and getting the ball in the box loads.

Maybe that was an instruction from PC, but he is certainly an attacking full back.

If he can do it against League One opposition, and Cook things he’s more than good enough as a long term replacement (as I can’t see KVY staying fit for very long) then maybe he’ll be the covering right back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Senior squad then.... on 10:18 - Jul 15 with 1438 viewsRopeyAdvice

Senior squad then.... on 10:11 - Jul 15 by TractorCam

That was my thought too, I can't see how you could play both at the same time. That's a happy problem to have for us fans though, rather than scrapping over Judge and Bishop!

haha yes definitely
Login to get fewer ads

Senior squad then.... on 10:22 - Jul 15 with 1429 viewsjayessess

Senior squad then.... on 10:11 - Jul 15 by TractorCam

Crooks plays pretty much everywhere down the centre from DM to centre forward. If we're aiming for an 18-man core than that's going to be pretty vital.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Senior squad then.... on 10:28 - Jul 15 with 1411 viewsmonty_radio

Senior squad then.... on 09:49 - Jul 15 by RopeyAdvice

It would be interesting to see 'if' we do sign crooks, where fraser and crooks would play in the same team.. from what i gather theyre both in the number 10?

If both of them prove as regularly good as their video compilations promise, there'll be no bench-warming for either of them.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Senior squad then.... on 10:33 - Jul 15 with 1401 viewsChrisd

Senior squad then.... on 08:48 - Jul 15 by hype313

Left Back and a CB is priority now just to settle the jitters at the back, Crooks would be more than welcome.

They are clearly still in talks with Celina so that's one of the wide areas sorted if he came in.

After that think we are pretty set to start the season. What I do like is quite a few of the players he has brought in are quite versatile, over the course of a long tough season, that will be a real plus for us to mitigate against Injuries/Loss of form etc.

That's how I see it. I'm hoping we have a smaller squad with far more quality to pick from. The last few seasons the squad size has been ridiculously big and as it has shown with the movement of a lot of the old squad over the summer the quality was pretty much of a muchness as they have taken a side-ways step or moved down a league.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 10:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Senior squad then.... on 10:33 - Jul 15 with 1400 viewsrickw

I think only 1 CB is required, by all accounts Ndaba did really well at Ayr last season so should be more than good enough for our 4th choice centre back!

CB, LB, CM/CAM and at least 1 winger required

It seems for 3 of those positions it could be Coulson, Crooks and Celina, but you'd assume there's got to be a Sonny Bradley type centre back being targeted too

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Senior squad then.... on 11:02 - Jul 15 with 1368 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 09:32 - Jul 15 by NthQldITFC

I think we sometimes see players who have got all the right attributes and have been making steady progress, suddenly make a huge leap forward and become a consistent top performer at a higher level than they have been playing at. Something switches in the psyche and they realise that they are good enough, and all of a sudden they are flying and full of justifiable self-belief.

For some reason I think of Ndaba in that bracket, not that I've seen that much of him to be honest. Do you think that he could have that sort of trajectory Joe?

I heard that when they went to Germany in lambert's 1st full season that Ndaba was the absolute nuts - and it was a surprise for everyone that Woolfie got the nod - who is seemingly a bad trainer!

But, he did well on loan last year, and showed versatility playing CB, LB and DM - that may make him a useful 22nd man in the squad

Senior squad then.... on 11:03 - Jul 15 with 1360 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 09:36 - Jul 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Donacien played really well at Dartford. Can see him staying, so not sure a RB is needed.

THe rest is accurate though.

Really well? I personally thought he was pony - they just let him have the ball as the spare man as his final ball is dire

Senior squad then.... on 11:09 - Jul 15 with 1340 viewschrismakin

It's also good to see that the 16 games under PC and the way players were 'treated'... hasnt stopped players joining. Which was a worry I believe for some.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Senior squad then.... on 11:11 - Jul 15 with 1330 viewshype313

Senior squad then.... on 11:09 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

It's also good to see that the 16 games under PC and the way players were 'treated'... hasnt stopped players joining. Which was a worry I believe for some.

Stay classy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Senior squad then.... on 11:22 - Jul 15 with 1299 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 11:11 - Jul 15 by hype313

Stay classy.

Sorry just had to throw it in ;)

Just buzzing with what is being put together.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Senior squad then.... on 11:25 - Jul 15 with 1293 viewschicoazul

Senior squad then.... on 11:09 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

It’s almost as if we are paying enormous salaries now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Senior squad then.... on 11:30 - Jul 15 with 1271 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 11:25 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

It’s almost as if we are paying enormous salaries now.

Are we?

Senior squad then.... on 11:31 - Jul 15 with 1268 viewsBluefish

No mention of Ndaba, seemed to have a very good season for Ayr and can play in a number of roles

Edit sorry seen this is subsequently covered
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 11:36]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Senior squad then.... on 11:45 - Jul 15 with 1233 viewschicoazul

Senior squad then.... on 11:30 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

Are we?

*sigh*
Yes, of course we are.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Senior squad then.... on 11:46 - Jul 15 with 1226 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 11:45 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

*sigh*
Yes, of course we are.

Based on what?

Senior squad then.... on 11:55 - Jul 15 with 1212 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 11:46 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

Based on what?

Is this serious?

Senior squad then.... on 11:58 - Jul 15 with 1207 viewsPhilTWTD

Senior squad then.... on 11:02 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I heard that when they went to Germany in lambert's 1st full season that Ndaba was the absolute nuts - and it was a surprise for everyone that Woolfie got the nod - who is seemingly a bad trainer!

But, he did well on loan last year, and showed versatility playing CB, LB and DM - that may make him a useful 22nd man in the squad

I was thinking about who might make the jump from the 23s to the squad this season and he's the only one I can really think of, assuming we're counting Dobra as already a first-teamer. I know he's very highly rated by people at the club, some people I know would have given him his chance rather than loaning McGuinness.
Senior squad then.... on 11:59 - Jul 15 with 1196 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 11:55 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Is this serious?

Yes. Theres is nothing available to show we are paying enormous salaries.

Money in football this summer is at an all time low. Hence the slowness of the market. Players. Agents alike have had to really think about their futures as it's not just money based this summer.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:02]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024