Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senior squad then.... 08:43 - Jul 15 with 8844 viewsitfcjoe

GK
Hladky, Holy
Potential for a one in-one out deal with Holy otherwise seem set

RB
KVY, Donacien, (Burns)
Think we'll look to shift Donacien still and get one in

LB
Penney
Signing a first choice LB still a key signing

CB
Woolfie, Nsiala
2 signings needed here, one senior, one up and coming

CM
Harper, Evans, Nolan, (El Mizouni, Fraser)
Look one player short here

AM/Wingers
Fraser, Dobra, Burns, El Mizouni, (Bonne)
Look 2 players short in these roles

Strikers
Pigoot, Bonne, Norwood
All set

Think it leaves us needing 6 players, with potential for another couple of Holy and Donacien go out

Some are greater priorities than others, but think we will end up signing 13-14 players before window shuts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Senior squad then.... on 13:23 - Jul 15 with 1589 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 13:21 - Jul 15 by Beckets

That’s the average salary of “the highest earning players” not the average salary of all players. The latter will be lower by definition.

A good chunk of this league, probably 14-15 clubs will barely be paying anyone above £2.5k a week or thereabouts. There's little difference in wages between 2/3rds of this division and Legaue 2

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Senior squad then.... on 13:23 - Jul 15 with 1588 viewsElderGrizzly

Senior squad then.... on 13:21 - Jul 15 by Beckets

That’s the average salary of “the highest earning players” not the average salary of all players. The latter will be lower by definition.

Good spot. I did think £4700 was a lot across the league on all players
Senior squad then.... on 13:28 - Jul 15 with 1551 viewsBeckets

Senior squad then.... on 13:23 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

A good chunk of this league, probably 14-15 clubs will barely be paying anyone above £2.5k a week or thereabouts. There's little difference in wages between 2/3rds of this division and Legaue 2

I know that £2.5k top threshold would apply at Northampton Town who flit between League 1 and 2.
Senior squad then.... on 13:31 - Jul 15 with 1537 viewstractorboy1978

Senior squad then.... on 13:18 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

In a usual season correct

However that 5k gap has reduced significantly with covid. Hence the project. The manager. The direction we are looking to go etc will actually mean more in todays market compared to pre covid markets.

If we are paying in the region of £6k+ a week for a player that is an enormous L1 salary in my book.
Senior squad then.... on 13:43 - Jul 15 with 1513 viewsPattiswickBlue

Senior squad then.... on 13:16 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

There's a long way between where he is and the first team now so he would have to have a very good season, which isn't to say it's impossible, of course. For example, Gibbs wouldn't have got a look-in and he was the standout in the U18s last year and had already made his league debut.

We normally find that a young player breaks into the first team squad after a good preseason. I wonder if any are impressing Cook.
Senior squad then.... on 13:50 - Jul 15 with 1492 viewsPhilTWTD

Senior squad then.... on 13:43 - Jul 15 by PattiswickBlue

We normally find that a young player breaks into the first team squad after a good preseason. I wonder if any are impressing Cook.

I would guess we'll see nearer the end of pre-season, who is still involved in and around the first team.
Senior squad then.... on 21:51 - Jul 15 with 1339 viewsdavblue

Senior squad then.... on 12:14 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Of course the owners are putting in money, we will lose millions this year

I said the exact same thing to the same poster last week. We’ve gone from losing money to not losing money because we’ve let players go.

Ok then....
Senior squad then.... on 22:00 - Jul 15 with 1326 viewstextbackup

Senior squad then.... on 09:18 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I don't think so - ideally one of them is around as 5th choice - unless Ndaba can blow Cook away this pre season

i'd blow cook any time or place if it meant i got a squad number.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Senior squad then.... on 22:04 - Jul 15 with 1324 viewsreusersfreekicks

Senior squad then.... on 12:36 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

We in a better position than some clubs yes due to covid and the timing of our player contracts.

The sale of dozzell. The little figures made on the likes of Hawkins. Drinan. Soon to be Downes. Bishop etc all help with the turnover pot available. 12.5 k season tickets. Sheerans sponsorship. Shirt sales. All helps to keep us in a good position compared to others.

Being in a better position doesnt automatically mean we are paying out enormous salaries however you wish to flip it.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:37]

Wake up
Senior squad then.... on 22:07 - Jul 15 with 1313 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 21:51 - Jul 15 by davblue

I said the exact same thing to the same poster last week. We’ve gone from losing money to not losing money because we’ve let players go.

Ok then....

Not the same discussion.

The owner and the chairman stated they wouldnt go down the route of putting additional funds in to keep the club within league 1 financial limits. That's not me guessing that's what they said.

Hopefully the losses that we had under Evans will be reduced for various reasons.. 1 being the massive size of our squad has been reduced. The increase in season tickets. Increase in commercial activity and hopefully a full season of home attendances. We were losing over £170k per home game last season.

The purpose of my replies within this thread isnt about the owners using their funds for things like staff. Stand refurbs etc. Its about the earlier claim of us handing out extreme levels of wages. Which I dont believe we will as we will still have our own restrictions based on the fact that the owners wont be putting in any extra £ for the purpose of transfers or salary.

Will we make losses.. who knows. We dont know if we will have a cup run yet etc which could make a massive difference. But one thing for certain.. this new ownership group has the set up to run it a lot better than Evans.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Senior squad then.... on 22:13 - Jul 15 with 1293 viewsreusersfreekicks

Senior squad then.... on 22:07 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

Not the same discussion.

The owner and the chairman stated they wouldnt go down the route of putting additional funds in to keep the club within league 1 financial limits. That's not me guessing that's what they said.

Hopefully the losses that we had under Evans will be reduced for various reasons.. 1 being the massive size of our squad has been reduced. The increase in season tickets. Increase in commercial activity and hopefully a full season of home attendances. We were losing over £170k per home game last season.

The purpose of my replies within this thread isnt about the owners using their funds for things like staff. Stand refurbs etc. Its about the earlier claim of us handing out extreme levels of wages. Which I dont believe we will as we will still have our own restrictions based on the fact that the owners wont be putting in any extra £ for the purpose of transfers or salary.

Will we make losses.. who knows. We dont know if we will have a cup run yet etc which could make a massive difference. But one thing for certain.. this new ownership group has the set up to run it a lot better than Evans.

Do you really think we are attracting these players because they are so excited about the project!! They have a short career and will seek to maximize their earnings. It really is simple, we are paying more than most league 1 clubs and some championship clubs. That's how we get the players
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 0:05]
Senior squad then.... on 22:25 - Jul 15 with 1265 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 22:13 - Jul 15 by reusersfreekicks

Do you really think we are attracting these players because they are so excited about the project!! They have a short career and will seek to maximize their earnings. It really is simple, we are paying more than most league 1 clubs and some championship clubs. That's how we get the players
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 0:05]

It's not difficult to be competitive in the market this summer. Players wages are at an all time low.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Senior squad then.... on 22:38 - Jul 15 with 1244 viewsBseaBlue

Senior squad then.... on 22:25 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

It's not difficult to be competitive in the market this summer. Players wages are at an all time low.

Yes they are....and what we are offering is enormous in comparison!
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 22:38]
Senior squad then.... on 07:06 - Jul 16 with 1082 viewschicoazul

Senior squad then.... on 13:08 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

But its not the point chico was making. Nor joe
They believe the players joined due to enormous salaries we offered which wont be the case no.

It is the case, yes. You have no idea how these things work, you’re incredibly naive. Footballers like money, they have a short career and want to make as much as they can. The idea that Piggott came here instead of a championship club because he wants to see Ipswich become good again work with Paul Cook live near Soithwold etc is laughable. They are coming in large part because of the money & size of the club.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Senior squad then.... on 07:08 - Jul 16 with 1075 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 07:06 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

It is the case, yes. You have no idea how these things work, you’re incredibly naive. Footballers like money, they have a short career and want to make as much as they can. The idea that Piggott came here instead of a championship club because he wants to see Ipswich become good again work with Paul Cook live near Soithwold etc is laughable. They are coming in large part because of the money & size of the club.

Yes I do and you've just changed your view, you're now including project in the reasoning and not just 'enormous' salaries. Which has been my whole point, we won't be giving out enormous salaries to everyone so there will be a lot of selling the club, project, area etc by Ashton. It doesn't make any difference to our lives so no needs to keep going round in circiles about it,
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 7:39]

Senior squad then.... on 07:33 - Jul 16 with 1050 viewsKieran_Knows

Senior squad then.... on 09:18 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I don't think so - ideally one of them is around as 5th choice - unless Ndaba can blow Cook away this pre season

From what I heard at the end of last season, Cook was really impressed with Baggott. He was one of those who was putting in the extra work, staying in gym after training etc. I had also heard that Cook wanted to see him in a game, but they were unsure about what deal he was on at Kings Lynn, and whether he could come back and play for us.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Senior squad then.... on 07:35 - Jul 16 with 1041 viewshype313

Senior squad then.... on 07:08 - Jul 16 by chrismakin

Yes I do and you've just changed your view, you're now including project in the reasoning and not just 'enormous' salaries. Which has been my whole point, we won't be giving out enormous salaries to everyone so there will be a lot of selling the club, project, area etc by Ashton. It doesn't make any difference to our lives so no needs to keep going round in circiles about it,

Chris, we would all love to believe that they are coming here for the love of the project, but in the real world we can offer wages far higher than other clubs, its a short career so they need to maximise thier earning potential as much as possible.

There maybe some credence towards the exciting project, but that would get trumped time and time again by any club offering the highest salary.

Its a romantic notion you have, and one we'd all love to believe, but in reality it comes down to tbe cold hard facts of a pound note.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Senior squad then.... on 07:43 - Jul 16 with 1017 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 07:35 - Jul 16 by hype313

Chris, we would all love to believe that they are coming here for the love of the project, but in the real world we can offer wages far higher than other clubs, its a short career so they need to maximise thier earning potential as much as possible.

There maybe some credence towards the exciting project, but that would get trumped time and time again by any club offering the highest salary.

Its a romantic notion you have, and one we'd all love to believe, but in reality it comes down to tbe cold hard facts of a pound note.

And I completely agree Hype, afterall I did have a discussion about agents the other day getting the best they can for their clients etc.. But that just doesn't automatically mean we are giving out enormous salaries. Better than some offered, of course, better than some in league 1 yes, as the markets low and we're in a competitive position to do so, but it doesn't mean were chucking silly money at players as there is no need to do so.

Senior squad then.... on 07:52 - Jul 16 with 1000 viewsChurchman

The most important one for me is a Centre Half. The best that we can afford. A back up left back and another goalscorer would be good too as I can’t see Norwood staying fit.

Obviously Cook doesn’t like large squads and thinking of the younger contracted players who could be a good back up, we are not a million miles off in my view.
Senior squad then.... on 07:58 - Jul 16 with 983 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Senior squad then.... on 07:06 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

Some part of it will be promotion clauses in the contract and the sell of the likelihood of it (and relegation clauses in those offered by Championship clubs). However, ultimately, the guaranteed salary is the bottom line and footballers (or their agents) aren't daft. They will take the best deal.

Who wouldn't want to live near Soithwold though?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Senior squad then.... on 08:08 - Jul 16 with 947 viewstractorboy1978

Senior squad then.... on 07:43 - Jul 16 by chrismakin

And I completely agree Hype, afterall I did have a discussion about agents the other day getting the best they can for their clients etc.. But that just doesn't automatically mean we are giving out enormous salaries. Better than some offered, of course, better than some in league 1 yes, as the markets low and we're in a competitive position to do so, but it doesn't mean were chucking silly money at players as there is no need to do so.

What £ value would you describe as an enormous salary in L1?
Senior squad then.... on 08:14 - Jul 16 with 933 viewschicoazul

Senior squad then.... on 07:08 - Jul 16 by chrismakin

I haven’t said the word project at all mate. Money is the key driver. Always has been always will be.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Senior squad then.... on 08:26 - Jul 16 with 912 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 08:14 - Jul 16 by chicoazul

I haven’t said the word project at all mate. Money is the key driver. Always has been always will be.

Nope, my bad, thought id seen a ETC.. after ' size of club'

Senior squad then.... on 08:36 - Jul 16 with 889 viewsITFCBlues

Senior squad then.... on 12:30 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

O leary confirmed they wouldnt be using equity to fund the summer window etc. This was covered a while back.

Are we using some of the funds already available. Sure. But it wont all be used on player salary alone when we are updating the stadium. Bringing in off the field staff etc.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:32]

It amazes me that when the owners and people putting money in say one thing, everyone believes them!

Why would they say we're putting in millions and millions to then increase the fees and wages they'd have to pay?

Use some intelligence ffs

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Senior squad then.... on 08:41 - Jul 16 with 875 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 08:36 - Jul 16 by ITFCBlues

It amazes me that when the owners and people putting money in say one thing, everyone believes them!

Why would they say we're putting in millions and millions to then increase the fees and wages they'd have to pay?

Use some intelligence ffs

Works both ways though, just because we have new owners it doesnt mean they are just going to plough everything into it without a care in the world. We shall both find out in next years accounts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024